iPhone 3gs can't pull data thru the network since upgrading to os4

Has anyone else had this happen to them also? Ever since I did the upgrade on my 3gs to os4 my unit cannot pull data (i.e any data from facebook/safari/etc...) using the cell network. If I connect using wifi it works just fine. I can't figure out why.

Maybe a botched upgrade? Have you tried a full restore?

Don't think it's that as it was working fine until early this past morning....I have no idea why it stopped

have u tried a network reset ?

options/general/reset/resetnetworksettings

I shall try that shortly.

Here is my only thoughts on this....I am part of an att family plan:

1400 any time minutes, unlimited nights and weekends, with rollover minutes (currently 4700 minutes). This is the first billing cycle in years that we have used up our minutes and have gone into the rollover minutes...we have 3 days left in the cycle. I have no idea and no where does att spell out if you can continue to use data if you are using rollover minutes. Could that be the reason why?

This would have nothing to do with your recent upgrade. AT&T would not disrupt your service. Simply charge you for your overages.

I really think reseting your network settings will do the trick. Let us know how that goes.

This would have nothing to do with your recent upgrade. AT&T would not disrupt your service. Simply charge you for your overages.

I really think reseting your network settings will do the trick. Let us know how that goes.

So resetting network settings didn't do anything. Still cannot pull any data from the cell network. But here is the kicker....I can send and receive sms/mms.....so some data is going through.

I am seeing after reading on other forums that the issue stems from using the spirit jailbreak for os 3.1.3. How does one rollback from os4 to os 3.1.3 and then rollback from a jailbroken os 3.1.3 to a non jailbroken 3.1.3 to upgrade to os4?

I found that the Cellular Data Network settings were wiped for me during the upgrade.

Just re-download the carrier file, or modify it yourself. Read more about it at my blog here.