Camera With HD Video?

Hi, I'm looking for a new camera in the range of around ?150ish. I also need HD (720p) video recording.

I used to own the Samsung S850 and was very pleased with it.

I was looking at the Samsung WB500, which I can get fro ?139.99. Looks pretty good and has an ultra wide angle lens.

Just wanted to know if anyone had any better alternatives?

Thanks...

i had a HD webcam in mind when i posted but saw you wanted a normal camera, can't delete posts so changed to ignore.

That is quite confusing...

Well, I was looking over at some roundups @ dpreview.com however it seems all the cameras there are above your budget, I saw the WB500 you are looking at and it looks pretty decent.

Well, I was looking over at some roundups @ dpreview.com however it seems all the cameras there are above your budget, I saw the WB500 you are looking at and it looks pretty decent.

Right, I've also seen the WB550 which is the same camera but with 12mp and HDMI port compared to the 10mp on the WB500. Just wanted to ask how this 2mp difference would affect the video quality. Would it be improved?

• 4 weeks later...

Right, I've also seen the WB550 which is the same camera but with 12mp and HDMI port compared to the 10mp on the WB500. Just wanted to ask how this 2mp difference would affect the video quality. Would it be improved?

2mp makes no difference. If you dont require the HDMI port go the WB500. Video at 720p is under 2mp so this would be the photo component of the camera.

ISO will make a big difference. grain at high ISO is what you want to avoid. Better ISO management means better video in the dark..