[vid] Interesting take on why Americans dont follow soccer (football)

I like what Jon Stewart from The Daily Show said, "A game played by fourth graders that for some reason is taken seriously by adults in Europe." He's kinda right; the last time I played soccer, I was in the fourth grade.

lol last time i played was like 5th or 6th in gym class.

I like what Jon Stewart from The Daily Show said, "A game played by fourth graders that for some reason is taken seriously by adults in Europe." He's kinda right; the last time I played soccer, I was in the fourth grade.

You must suck at it then. People tend to not like and dismiss what they are bad at or don't understand.

You must suck at it then. People tend to not like and dismiss what they are bad at or don't understand.

No its not that its just no one plays it, When you get ur buddies up to play a game of sports its usually, football or basketball.Ive never had an offer to play soccer, just american football and basketball.

Wow, what a European response. I never said I didn't like it. I just thought what Jon Stewart said was kind of funny especially since that was the case with me. But I liked soccer as a kid, and learned to play it well (for a 12/13 year old). But then I got into basketball, since I lived in Kentucky, and found it to be much more enjoyable. You know, because you're scoring points more frequently than once every 3 1/2 hours. ;)

Even after living here in Europe for 4 years, I can't figure why some people take such things so seriously.

No its not that its just no one plays it, When you get ur buddies up to play a game of sports its usually, football or basketball.

I'm confused. :s

You play football or not?

EDIT: I understand what you mean now. When you referred to playing football you meant playing the soft American version of Rugby (American "football"). To avoid misinterpretations I suggest we from now on refer to American "football" as Sissy Rugby or Eggball or even Handegg, because that "sport" is not Football.

:p

I'm confused. :s

You play football or not?

EDIT: I understand what you mean now. When you referred to playing football you meant playing the soft American version of Rugby (American "football"). To avoid misinterpretations I suggest we from now on refer to American "football" as Sissy Rugby or Eggball or even Handegg, because that "sport" is not Football.

:p

If you think its soft American version of rugby, i invite you to come over and play with me and my buddies, i guarantee you that you wont call it soft.Rugby and American football are not the same,Rugby players tackle different and not to mention the rules and the way they even play the game is totally different. Don't knock something you haven't tried.

Anyway this isn't about American football this is about why American's don't like soccer.