Congrats to Group C Winners!

Both USA and England, well played, well deserved. Both nations on each end 'of the pond'. Great representation, scary scary scary Group C final match day moments. But again, congrats to both the English and the Americans! Good luck in the knock out stages.

USA-flag.jpg AND england-flag-pic-rex-361150275.jpg

England playing winners of Group D

USA playing the runners up of Group D.

Ghana, Serbia, perhaps Germany......or even Aus.

..and well done, but you should have finished second :rofl:

did we really need a thread :p

I'm guessing this thread was really supposed to be:

ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!

or

U.S.A.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but this might stand a chance of surviving :D

the americans are so excited beating algeria...last in the group...:D

don't have much else to be excited about through the year so let them have their fun :shifty:

I kid of course :p

So by the looks of things atm, it'll be England vs Germany in the knock off's... That could be one wicked game.

Wonder if I dare walk around with an England top here in Berlin next week laugh.gif

Excited for the fact that they won the group which hasn't happened since 1930.

so now they love and care about football huh....

:shiftyninja:

the americans are so excited beating algeria...last in the group...:D

Because doing that let us *win* the group (something we hadn't done in eighty years; since 1930).

And as a reward, we draw Ghana (who should not be overlooked, as they are the lone survivor out of the African region of FIFA).

Group C (with the US/England/Slovenia) proved to be the nastiest Group overall (consider that only the US and England went through Group play without losing); it's not our fault that the Europhiles considered the Confed Cup a fluke.

Because doing that let us *win* the group (something we hadn't done in eighty years; since 1930).

And as a reward, we draw Ghana (who should not be overlooked, as they are the lone survivor out of the African region of FIFA).

Group C (with the US/England/Slovenia) proved to be the nastiest Group overall (consider that only the US and England went through Group play without losing); it's not our fault that the Europhiles considered the Confed Cup a fluke.

+1 touche

We like *all* our sports...we just don't get super-obsessive/compulsive about futbol the way the Europhiles have. One reason we don't is because we have something distinctly *absent* in Europe (and in Latin America, for that matter) - a solid collegiate/amateur "futbol" program. Yes; it drains energy away from our professional programs - however, we also don't have the rampant hooliganism in MLS/A-League that UEFA has to deal with, either. (Look at the entire US roster, and count the number of players that are *true amateurs* - not just no international experience, but no professional experience, either. Heck, Michael Bradley has the MOST international experience of the amateurs on the US side, and he has just two goals in WC play.)

It's not ALWAYS about *fan exuberance*, folks. (If it were, Team RSA should have smoked their Group, especially on the Vuvuzela Wave....)

We beat them through to the next round.

(Y) my bad...

But wait didn't USA (vs Eng) win with a 1-1 draw....

:rofl:

lol, that group was tough and ugly all at the same time. But in the states defense, the refs hate them...

We like *all* our sports...we just don't get super-obsessive/compulsive about futbol the way the Europhiles have.

how about american football and baseball...???

i'm sure when i ask a random person on the street they will tell me they like football.... :D

Did I say that? Jeez what exactly is your problem? You have had nothing but negative responses in this thread when you could have:

1. Not posted at all

2. Said a simple congratulations and get out.

Obviously you wanted to pick a fight about the majority of Americans not paying attention to soccer. You can do that, just do it in a topic where that is the focus. Nothing everything has to be a debate.

Well seeing that the collective world thinks that Americans dont know anything about soccer :p i think we did pretty good winning group C and all