Transferring contacts from iPhone 3G to iPhone 4

+dave164

Hey,

I got my iPhone 4 today from Vodafone UK (loving it so far, and the reception bug is hilarious).

How can I easily move over the contacts from my 3G to my iPhone 4?

Regards,

David.

TechFreak:)

Connect old phone to PC and use iTunes to sync it with MS Office Outlook. After that connect the new iPhone and sync it again.

SMELTN

You know on a follow up since you have both phones. I plan on getting the iPhone 4 soonish, and when I do I am going to give my wife my 3Gs.

My question is, do they deactivate your 3Gs when you get the 4? Or like can I just take her sim card from her old phone, stick it in the 3Gs and it work just fine?

+dave164

Connect old phone to PC and use iTunes to sync it with MS Office Outlook. After that connect the new iPhone and sync it again.

Excellent thank you.

You know on a follow up since you have both phones. I plan on getting the iPhone 4 soonish, and when I do I am going to give my wife my 3Gs.

My question is, do they deactivate your 3Gs when you get the 4? Or like can I just take her sim card from her old phone, stick it in the 3Gs and it work just fine?

Nope, the phone is yours to keep :). I'm selling mine on a recycling website.

SMELTN

Yeah I knew it was mine, but I was just wondering how difficult it would be to get her started on it, and by that I mean, was it as simple as plug in her sim card into the 3Gs and she is good and can make calls and all? I know she wouldn't have data unless she has the data plan, but as far as just using as a day to day phone can she do that without doing anything special?

+dave164

Yeah I knew it was mine, but I was just wondering how difficult it would be to get her started on it, and by that I mean, was it as simple as plug in her sim card into the 3Gs and she is good and can make calls and all? I know she wouldn't have data unless she has the data plan, but as far as just using as a day to day phone can she do that without doing anything special?

Yep, if your phone is not unlocked, you should be able to just put the same network SIM card in and away you go no problems :). If it is unlocked, put any 3G SIM you want in there!

Regards,

David.