Hong Kong's BIGGEST car accident!

The biggest car accident ever had in Hong Kong happened yesterday morning @ 6:15am when people are going to work. The bus got hit by a speeding truck and the bus fell off the bridge. The truck was probably being impatient and was very very close to the bus on the Tuen Mun Highway. Suddenly, the bus slowed down, and while the truck tried to get to the lane where the bus was at (right next to the ramp), the truck hit the bus, and without enough support, the ramp broke and the whole bus fell with the 41 passengers and the bus driver. Some people flew off the bus, while others are stuck in the bus flying down from the highway down 35 meters to the tall trees near a village. Immediately, 21 people died from it, while 20 are injured very seriously. The truck didn't fell and the truck driver was charged with "dangerous driving leading to other's death".

This is the general gist of this news rewrittened by myself.

Here are some pictures of the accident:

accident1.jpg

accident2.jpg

NSI0710TRAGEDY001.JPG

Comments and discussion welcome . . . Let's all rise and mourn for the people who have loss their lives very innocently :(

both drivers were at fault, if ur carrying lots of people to some place u must be careful and be able to recognize any dangers on the road. and wtf why was that truck going against the bus, this is stupid, hope he get life in prison or something

both drivers were at fault, if ur carrying lots of people to some place u must be careful and be able to recognize any dangers on the road. and wtf why was that truck going against the bus, this is stupid, hope he get life in prison or something

I know.. wuz gonna comment that... stupid truck driver :angry:

Also, citizens thought that the highway ramp had some problems. However, it was proven that it's international standard, so it's alrite. Now, they'll rebuild and upgrade the highway to be more safe. Unfortunately, the construction won't start until 2005, and it'll most probably end at 2010. :( Hope ppl drive safer...

Also mopper, Hong Kong drivers are VERY RUDE, DANGEROUS, SPEEDY .. u name it. all the bad stuff :crazy:

Also mopper, Hong Kong drivers are VERY RUDE, DANGEROUS, SPEEDY .. u name it. all the bad stuff :crazy:

that sucks, do they have speed limits there? wut about the police dont they police the roads or wut???

Also mopper, Hong Kong drivers are VERY RUDE, DANGEROUS, SPEEDY .. u name it.  all the bad stuff  :crazy:

that sucks, do they have speed limits there? wut about the police dont they police the roads or wut???

Because Hong Kong is small, polices are basically everywhere. Also, the speed limits are kind of a bit higher for highways. About 110 km/h sometimes, but I don't believe that the Tuen Mun Highway is that high, possibly 80, but people most probably go 100 or higher.

Well! They're not considered super fast drivers because the place is small. Mostly they're rude. Why? For example, when cars merge, drivers do not let them merge in, and they fight till the very last space. Also, people won't let you cut lanes. Very impatient and rude. Also, when pedestrian cross the road not in the crosswalks, cars horn and swears and yell at pedestrain. One time I got honked, I was swearing like hell. LOL .. boy was I attractive that minute .. all those old fogs and ppl are looking at me like I'm a superstar :p

Very tragic...but is this really the "BIGGEST" car accident? I think there probably have been far worse.

This is the biggest car accident in Hong Kong... becuz of the numerous number of deaths and injuries .. not becuz of the amount of cars in the accident.