• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Mass. Town Will NOW Let Students Recite Pledge of Allegiance

brentaal    404
the world doesn't owe you anything

I beg to differ. It's a state financed school and his parents paid for it through taxes.

Darth Laidher    37

Religion is, in my opinion, ridiculous and I am NOT going to be forced into partaking in a public school :angry:

LOL you can think that as much as you like but trying to force the world to accommodate you is just plain selfish. Kid's these days :laugh: always thinking the world owes them lol.

Elliot B.    1,786

I beg to differ. It's a state financed school and his parents paid for it through taxes.

That's exactly my point. If it was private, it would be more 'acceptable'.

LOL you can think that as much as you like but trying to force the world to accommodate you is just plain selfish. Kid's these days :laugh: always thinking the world owes them lol.

Kids? I'm in my mid-20s. Also, it's hardly accommodating me, I just sat in the computer room whilst everyone else was force-fed religion.

brentaal    404

LOL you can think that as much as you like but trying to force the world to accommodate you is just plain selfish.

The point is, it's discriminating him based on religion or lack thereof.

Kid's these days :laugh: always thinking the world owes them lol.

Kid's? It's kids. How old are you?

Darth Laidher    37

LOL if everyone had their way this world would be in a bigger mess than it already is lol.

Im sure other kids didn't like it but they toughed it out why couldn't he. :cry:

Elliot B.    1,786

LOL if everyone had their way this world would be in a bigger mess than it already is lol.

Im sure other kids didn't like it but they toughed it out why couldn't he. :cry:

Why should I have to? It's school, a place of education. How would this benefit me?

mokthraka    159

The point is, it's discriminating him based on religion or lack thereof.

Kid's? It's kids. How old are you?

god I see why you have a problem with reciting the pledge of allegiance . its becasue you cant take 30 damn seconds to do ANYTHING.

hell you couldnt check my age or his age! he is 27 or so FYI

brentaal    404

Could you try making a point and stop with the empty rhetoric?

mokthraka    159

Why should I have to? It's school, a place of education. How would this benefit me?

because you would be supriesd how helpful it is to be educated about religion and other things. so you dont come off like an arrogant ass

• Like 1

Darth Laidher    37

Hmmm maybe respect towards other religion's, which you seem to lack. Why should I pay taxes, why should I respect the law?? Should i stop paying taxes and start going on mass shooting spree's just because i don't want to do what other people do?

• Like 1

brentaal    404

god I see why you have a problem with reciting the pledge of allegiance . its becasue you cant take 30 damn seconds to do ANYTHING.

No, I've already stated why I have a problem with patriotic symbols but you've totally avoided that because you couldn't form a counter argument.

hell you couldnt check my age or his age! he is 27 or so FYI

Then what's the point ins aying "kids these days"? It's only been a few years since he's been out of the educational system.

Elliot B.    1,786

Hmmm maybe respect towards other religion's, which you seem to lack. Why should I pay taxes, why should I respect the law?? Should i stop paying taxes and start going on mass shooting spree's just because i don't want to do what other people do?

There is logic behind taxes and the law...

Matt    17

This discussion and plenty other topics are this site are a prime example of why humanity is doomed and will never be at peace.

doomed? thats quite a boring statement. politics have been on the forefront of debates since the dawn of time. what makes you think its going to ever change?

• Like 1

mokthraka    159

No, I've already stated why I have a problem with patriotic symbols but you've totally avoided that because you couldn't form a counter argument.

Then what's the point ins aying "kids these days"? It's only been a few years since he's been out of the educational system.

ah you mean this?

Perhaps because there isn't much more to say about, it's correct in many ways. Patriotism is a highly subjective and wholly sentimental thing with no basis in reality.

sorry missed that one.

with out patriotism our country will fall apart.

brentaal    404

because you would be supriesd how helpful it is to be educated about religion and other things. so you dont come off like an arrogant ass

Religious classes focused on one religion are never teaching you about religion, they're teaching you about the world. Did you miss the part where they're supposed to pray? Also, how is he coming off as an arrogant ass?

Hmmm maybe respect towards other religion's, which you seem to lack.

Why doesn't he get respect for his lack of religion?

Should i stop paying taxes and start going on mass shooting spree's just because i don't want to do what other people do?

What does that have to do with anything?

with out patriotism our country will fall apart.

Why would it fall apart?

Darth Laidher    37

You don't get it, the world doesn't evolve around you. Sometimes you have to put up with the sh*t, you shouldn't have gotten the free pass, you're no more special than the dozen's of other kid's that had to go through the same thing.Im pretty sure that England isn't as religious as it once was so im certain there were more kids like you that had to go through the same thing but did they cry about it? No

tch1005    1

it will be hard to find teachers to recite it? really? we are that politicaly correct now? ****ing unamerican ******* should get deported. at least illegal immigrants support are country

"at least illegal immigrants support are country" ???

Is the word you are looking for, "our"?

Let see, pledge of allegiance when all said and done, I think takes about 2 minutes.

Say, the average school year [in instructional days] is about 260, times the amount of years in school, 13, equals 4.69 days...

In that time, you may have been able to learn basic grammar and spelling...

• Like 1

peacemf    59

well its not really a big issue.

As long as you have a giant Jesus statue at the front of every class room. Otherwise there would be problems!

mokthraka    159

Religious classes focused on one religion are never teaching you about religion, they're teaching you about the world. Did you miss the part where they're supposed to pray? Also, how is he coming off as an arrogant ass?

Why doesn't he get respect for his lack of religion?

What does that have to do with anything?

they are still teaching you about that religion. IE if we had a Islamic class we would have a lot less "all arabs are terrorist" idiots in this country.

and if you read any of my posts. I respect peoples religious choices, I also have never have stated weather or not I am religious. however I will not respect the athiests who try forcing there beleifs or are not tolerant of others choices, because they are doing exactly what they say they are against

"at least illegal immigrants support are country" ???

Is the word you are looking for, "our"?

Let see, pledge of allegiance when all said and done, I think takes about 2 minutes.

Say, the average school year [in instructional days] is about 260, times the amount of years in school, 13, equals 4.69 days...

In that time, you may have been able to learn basic grammar and spelling...

oh god! lets play insult the dyslexic who isn't good at spelling! I dont really care if you make fun of my spelling. I have already put up with bitchy teachers. :)

2 minutes? smoking a bit of crack? try 30 seconds tops. not to mention we spend more time with other worthless ****.

brentaal    404

You don't get it, the world doesn't evolve around you

Stop with that non sense. Provide an adequate argument as to why him not being forced into religious classes makes the world fall apart or just quit arguing in here. You're making yourself look childish.

Sometimes you have to put up with the sh*t, you shouldn't have gotten the free pass, you're no more special than the dozen's of other kid's that had to go through the same thing.Im pretty sure that England isn't as religious as it once was so im certain there were more kids like you

You do understand that with all the ridiculous analogies that you've made, one could easily form one that shows you how "messed up the world would be" if people decided to "put up with ****" in certain situations? Think before posting.

that had to go through the same thing but did they cry about it? No

What makes you think he's the only one complaining?

Darth Laidher    37

You don't get it, the world doesn't revolve around you. Sometimes you have to put up with the sh*t, you shouldn't have gotten the free pass, you're no more special than the dozen's of other kid's that had to go through the same thing.Im pretty sure that England isn't as religious as it once was so im certain there were more kids like you that had to go through the same thing but did they cry about it? No

brentaal    404

they are still teaching you about that religion.

No, they're not. They're teaching you what the world is. They're not telling you that it's only one of many views, they're telling you it's "the truth".

IE if we had a Islamic class we would have a lot less "all arabs are terrorist" idiots in this country.

But you wouldn't have an Islamic class nor would you force students into reciting the Qur'an in a public school.

however I will not respect the athiests who try forcing there beleifs or are not tolerant of others choices, because they are doing exactly what they say they are against

How is he not tolerating other people's choices?

Charisma    2,399

And many would argue that there is logic behind some of the fundamentals of religious beliefs too--or at least the laws spawned from them. But thinking about such a concept would require an open mind, and you seem staunchly opposed to accepting anything outside of your rigid circle of thought.

Wait, isn't that what some other group is usually accused of doing? Who was it again...? Oh yeah, the religious people you claim are so 'ridiculous'. Honestly. Pull your head of of your hind parts and show some respect for ideas other than your own.

brentaal    404

And many would argue that there is logic behind some of the fundamentals of religious beliefs too--or at least the laws spawned from them. But thinking about such a concept would require an open mind, and you seem staunchly opposed to accepting anything outside of your rigid circle of thought.

Perhaps if it were taught without him having to attend sessions of brainwashing and praying, he might be interested in those fundamental issues? How about presenting them in a way that doesn't take the student for an idiot?

Elliot B.    1,786

Wait, isn't that what some other group is usually accused of doing? Who was it again...? Oh yeah, the religious people you claim are so 'ridiculous'. Honestly. Pull your head of of your hind parts and show some respect for ideas other than your own.

As I said, fine, I agree I may not be too different - but the point still stands that I still shouldn't have to sit through it in a public school if I'm not religious.