• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Mass. Town Will NOW Let Students Recite Pledge of Allegiance

Kirkburn    172

of course it does not include the disabled... that is a stupid question

yes women should server unless they are mothers, and there are many positions you can fill if you are against actually fighting.

I have asthama so I cant serve, but you bet your ass I would if I did not have asthama or if they passed a law saying you could fill not combat rolls I would be the first to go.

the weak can be made strong

Disabled - it's not a stupid question. Disability is a huge range of issues, from issues with balance to missing limbs. Not a simple answer.

Women - nothing like forcing women to become mothers to avoid the service. But not fathers?

Glad to see non-combat roles feature in your terms of service though. That I support - there are many ways to support a country that don't mean going to the frontline.

mokthraka    159

Disabled - it's not a stupid question. Disability is a huge range of issues, from issues with balance to missing limbs. Not a simple answer.

Women - nothing like forcing women to become mothers to avoid the service. But not fathers?

Glad to see non-combat roles feature in your terms of service though. That I support - there are many ways to support a country that don't mean going to the frontline.

sorry if I came across like I met servering your country as in fighting. I mean anything that helps it. someone has to be non-combat. for instance, I cant join the military all( even not combat)but I hope to work for the NSA as an engineer.

Growled    3,881
Update:

Charles Skidmore, principal of Arlington High School in Arlington, Mass., has offered to allow students to recite the pledge before school begins -- but in the school's foyer and not in the classrooms, as 17-year-old Harrington had hoped.

Kathleen Bodie, Arlington superintendent of schools, told Fox News Radio that "The principal wanted to be very respectful about the pledge and be sensitive to the Supreme Court ruling that students are not forced to say the pledge. He wanted to be sensitive to the diverse group of students we have."

I'm glad they got that much concession. They better take it and run.

jerry53    0

Only immigrants have no respect for the nation they have moved to with the optional rant about their old country they save up their money and also send it back home living like beggars while they create an illusion of prosperity.

Pharos    39

Only immigrants have no respect for the nation they have moved to with the optional rant about their old country they save up their money and also send it back home living like beggars while they create an illusion of prosperity.

No respect? I'm an immigrant, and I embraced the pledge as well as any other cultural changes that I was introduced to. Way to be an ass, not to mention stereotypical. Immigrants have been burdened with a disproportionate amount of blame for many of society?s problems based on false assumptions and stereotypes.