'Barefoot Bandit' Arrested

NORFOLK, Neb. -- Colton Harris-Moore is now officially a wanted man in Nebraska.

An arrest warrant released Tuesday from Madison County, Nebraska for Harris-Moore now details several break-ins, stolen cars, and attempted airplane thefts that investigators believe are connected to the infamous "Barefoot Bandit."

Authorities believe the 19-year-old is responsible for stealing property worth a total of up to $1.5 million, and has been on the run since he escaped from a Renton group home in April 2008.

He apparently began his trek out of the Northwest earlier in the spring, donating $100 to a Raymond animal hospital and stealing a $450,000 yacht from Illwaco, Wash. to get across the Columbia River. The yacht was recovered in Warrenton, Oregon, where police said Tuesday they used fingerprints to positively identify the thief as Harris-Moore.

Harris-Moore then reportedly went about stealing more cars as he made his way toward Idaho.

A few days after Harris-Moore's trail went cold in Boise, Idaho, on June 12, authorities in South Dakota noticed a vehicle with Washington plates had been abandoned in Spearfish. But now the trail leads further across the Midwest and into Illinois.

Investigators are also collecting DNA samples and fingerprints from the various break-ins in an effort to conclusively tie the break-ins to Harris-Moore. In the meantime, Harris-Moore is now a wanted man in Madison County, Nebraska, for investigation of burglary and theft.

more

I can see a film about this in the future.

All I can say is I hope they get this little ******. Hes been terrorizing the area around were I'm at for a while now.

Haha. I laughed so hard reading all this.

America needs more thieves like this. But hopefully he doesn't come near Whitefish, Montana o_o

Haha. I laughed so hard reading all this.

America needs more thieves like this. But hopefully he doesn't come near Whitefish, Montana o_o

They breifly put out a bounty on his head. So I loaded up with rubber 9mm slugs and headed to Camano island for 2 days. I didn't find him and the bounty has since been removed :( . I think his mothers hiding him, this kid has got to sleep somewhere.

So where does his nickname come from? No mention of it?

Why would you say that? That's just dumb. If it's a joke, that's a lame sense of humor.

Lol hes 19 for gods sake im sure it wouldnt be to hard to catch him. That or hes one lucky punk

Hes probably the most intelligent criminal currently sought after in the state.

I can see him .... in Canada :shifty:

I wouldn't be surprised if he is in fact trying to make it here. Although, it would do him no good.

Lol hes 19 for gods sake im sure it wouldnt be to hard to catch him.

That makes him easier to find? :rolleyes: Whatever you say...

'Barefoot bandit' faces indictment

(CNN) -- A federal judge in Washington state on Tuesday unsealed an indictment for airplane theft against an alleged teenage criminal known as "the barefoot bandit."

According to the indictment, Colton Harris-Moore, 19, stole an aircraft last year in Idaho and flew it to Washington state, where authorities found it crashed.

DNA evidence and fingerprints linked Harris-Moore to the plane theft, the indictment states.

The elusive fugitive is suspected in previous thefts of small planes.

Now, the FBI is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to his arrest. An FBI statement indicated that agents believe Harris-Moore was involved in the Indiana theft, with the statement saying, "Should you see Harris-Moore in The Bahamas, please contact the nearest Royal Bahamas Police Force Station."

http://www.cnn.com/2...deo=true&hpt=T2

'Barefoot Bandit' Strikes in Bahamas

MARSH HARBOUR, Bahamas -- A teenage fugitive with a celebrated history of escapes has allegedly committed several nighttime burglaries in the Bahamas, eluding an FBI-aided manhunt on the sliver of an island where he crash-landed a stolen plane.

Investigators pursuing Colton Harris-Moore were following a trail of break-ins from the southern tip of Great Abaco Island, where the 19-year-old convict ditched the plane Sunday, to the main town of Marsh Harbour 50 miles away where the teen was recognized on surveillance footage of a restaurant burglary.

A Royal Bahamas Police Force bulletin warned that the teen should be considered armed and dangerous.

http://www.foxnews.c...test=latestnews

'Barefoot bandit' arrested

(CNN) -- A teenage fugitive known as the "barefoot bandit" was arrested early Sunday on the Bahamian island of Eleuthera, police said.

Colton Harris-Moore, 19, was arrested in the town of Harbor Island, police Sgt. Paul Lewis said. Harris-Moore was being transported to Nassau, Bahamas, on Sunday.

http://www.cnn.com/2...dex.html?hpt=T1