Is not this whole thing ridiculous?

Every time I see a report on a newscast about this thing, I think that it is somehow getting more stupid. It is always Gay marriage will not be approved. Why? Because! There is never a valid reason. Even dictionary.com states The legal union of a man and woman as husband and wife. In addition, there is A union between two persons having the customary but usually not the legal force of marriage: a same-sex marriage.

But what is the whole point of this? I may be accused of insulting, but it sounds like the issue has been brought back to the seperate, but equal philosophy. Why are many people so frightened and scared about homosexuality that they distance themselves from it at every possible second? This entire debate is simply without a point.

God says it is wrong. When did you two last speak? I thought that one of the overall messages of the Bible was to love and accept everyone. It is morally wrong. According to whom? People don't choose their sexuality.

Again, I always hear the same arguments and sometimes seemingly new ones, but they just turn out to be old ideas with a new label. Many a person says that homosexuality is morally wrong, and they have the right to believe that, but amending the Constitution to ban gay marriage? A little self-centered, if i may say.

The other popular "argument" is saying that homosexuality leads to incest, bestiality, pedophilia, etcetera. Believe me, Joe, the gay guy, doesn't want to screw his sister, his dog, or that little girl on the playground.

I hope this can be discussed without flaming and yelling. Don't make this topic closed in the first hour from going off-topic. Please, give your opinions and beliefs, without being too harsh.

The other popular "argument" is saying that homosexuality leads to incest, bestiality, pedophilia, etcetera.

I dont think that homosexuality leads to those things. The point I see most is that by changing the law so that suddenly homosexuals can share the same benefits, etc, etc. This will unintentionally lead to problems and expose loopholes in the law. See, its not mostly that people dont agree with homosexuals (and im not going to give the line stating that I know homosexuals, im not predjudice. just to take care of that filler material) but they dont want what will eventually come out of it. If the sacred laws of marriage can be broken, some fr*cken weirdo will want to marry a child. I agree that it is a tough fight for you, but I just cant bring myself to agree that you all can marry legally.

My feelings on it is well rather conservative. yes you can be conservative without worshipping the bible. We dont need to hear that again and if history repeats itself, this thread will get locked down soon enough. Its too bad, I think people should fight (not violently) their way out of situations but some dodo will pop his head in from the 11yr old threads and shout some cuss word prompting a moderator to close it down. I think they should just remove the post. Good luck.

...the sacred laws of marriage...

Now, as an atheist, I haven't read the Bible (oddly enough), but why is it so sacred? I always thought that if two people are actually in love and they want to get married, then let them. That is what everyone always said, but then I got older and realized that there is some sort of prejudice or bias against homosexual marriage. I just don't understand what the big deal is, about this. If you're in love, you get married and there is a 48% chance that you will get a divorce.

I truly hope that this doesn't get closed because of some idiotic comment from a 12-year-old.

God says it is wrong. When did you two last speak? I thought that one of the overall messages of the Bible was to love and accept everyone. It is morally wrong. According to whom? People don't choose their sexuality.

I'm not going to argue too much of this here, but there is nothing in the Bible that says that people should accept everybody's actions. In fact, it's quite the opposite.

and the Bible does clearly state that homosexuality is wrong, a man is not supposed to lie with another man according to it.

Just wanted to clear that up, not preaching, but just correcting your assumption that the Bible says we should accept everyone. If this were the case why would it speak of a heaven and a hell?

The Real World Issues forum is NOT to be used as a platform to preach, post propaganda or in any other way bully, intimidate and coerce members into accepting your own views. This includes your views on sexual preference in society.

One thread may have been news. After 3 threads, this is not acceptable.

Closed