• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Recommend a Point & Shoot

Steve B.    467

Ok, ignoring the last topic I made here, I've got more specific details and a more specific title to what I'm looking for.

Basically I need a point & shoot compact camera with the best image quality available for around ?150-?200. Preferrably with SD card format as well but I can live with other standards that aren't xD.

That's all I need really, just great image quality in that budget.

Thanks

sanctified    1,225

Lumix LX3

The best point and shoot the money can buy.

• Like 1

Soulsiphon    73

Ok, ignoring the last topic I made here, I've got more specific details and a more specific title to what I'm looking for.

Basically I need a point & shoot compact camera with the best image quality available for around ?150-?200. Preferrably with SD card format as well but I can live with other standards that aren't xD.

Thanks

Nikon S4000.

SaltLife    14

I really enjoy my fujifilm j38

It's a great little camera and it doesn't lag while taking or in between shots like most of the compact cameras I've come across. Plus it's only like $91.00 now on amazon.

Steve B.    467

Lumix LX3

~ ?100 over budget unfortunately...

Nikon S4000.

Will have a look at this one.

I really enjoy my fujifilm j38

It's a great little camera and it doesn't lag while taking or in between shots like most of the compact cameras I've come across. Plus it's only like $91.00 now on amazon.

Fujifilm only supports the xD cards right? I'd rather not use a camera that uses that format...

SaltLife    14

Nope, SD take a look here at google to see the specs, reviews and more.

Here is a picture I took with it only one I have online right now that doesn't include my family lol

19035_1385010988225_1320528854_1120096_10660_n.jpg

Matt    17

Lumix LX3

unfortunately, if i were to spend that amount, id rather fork out a couple extra 100 dollars and get a second tier dslr.

shutupiamdreaming    0

Thanks

On your budget, I'd look into the Canon IXUS series. I have a IXUS 100 myself (model released 1 year ago, ~160GBP), and couldn't ask for better image quality. Heck, often I can do better pictures with it than with my dSLR (i DO think that's due to lack of patience, though).

Steve B.    467

I think I am going to save for a bit longer and grab the LX3. This will mean I can keep it for a longer period of time.

Thanks for the help guys.

sask    0

I'd also recommend the canon S90. The Canon S90 is a similar camera to the LX3. I'd def look at both. I just prefer canon point and shoots over any other brand.

e-berlin.org    77

Lumix LX3

Agree.

Argote    73

The LX3 is getting kinda old now though... could there be a replacement in the works?