id software & raven software collection

^ Yeah, and seeing those boxes / that list of games, it sure brings back a lot of memories. :)

thanks man, having problems with my latest purchases, stupid customs fees and missed delivery that never was delivered, grr hate it when they don't leave a damn card!

That's annoying indeed, hope you get / got everything sorted out?

just to mention it again - it is pretty cool collection.

i was never a collector, and i usually got rid of my original boxes and manuals straight away.

id and raven pretty much created my reality of cool computer games (together with lucas arts)

question: do the floppies still work? in my experience, i have seen so many floppies fail - i actually almost failed a course in university years and years ago, because my floopy was unreadable.

it was brand new too. i guess, it really came down to quality, cheap floppies failed the most, while my windows 3.1 floppies were still in great shape after 5-6 year

(with a lot of use - i used them for all my data, after my regularly store bought floppies failed a gazillion times)

^ Yeah, and seeing those boxes / that list of games, it sure brings back a lot of memories. :)

That's annoying indeed, hope you get / got everything sorted out?

Hopefully soon.

just to mention it again - it is pretty cool collection.

i was never a collector, and i usually got rid of my original boxes and manuals straight away.

id and raven pretty much created my reality of cool computer games (together with lucas arts)

question: do the floppies still work? in my experience, i have seen so many floppies fail - i actually almost failed a course in university years and years ago, because my floopy was unreadable.

it was brand new too. i guess, it really came down to quality, cheap floppies failed the most, while my windows 3.1 floppies were still in great shape after 5-6 year

(with a lot of use - i used them for all my data, after my regularly store bought floppies failed a gazillion times)

Yep they still work, I recently found a floppy version of wolfenstein 3d on ebay for a fiver.

got a few more bargains recently;

wolfenstein 3d shareware cd in original jewel case

doom shareware cd episode one

heretic official strategy guide

quake authorized strategty guide (has id logo on front)

quake 3 official strategy guide

rtcw official strategy guide

heretic us version

heretic 2 us version

hexen us version

hexen boxed uk cd version (first release before the disc design changed slightly)

two more copies of ultimate doom with different cover & disc designs

quake us version

ultimate quake

quake 3 gold

doom shareware v1.666 cd

most of the stuff is from the us so has taken a longggg time to come.

got some more, but i've decided to just keep the collection to id games only.

I would add Apogee Software games to since they pretty much go hand in hand with Id Software

I used to have a blast downloading shareware games via bbs's some of those titles bring back some great memories

Amazing collection, makes me proud to be a gamer and remember playing most of those games at one point or another!

Can't count how many hours I poured into playing SoF II multiplayer! Great memories

I would add Apogee Software games to since they pretty much go hand in hand with Id Software

I used to have a blast downloading shareware games via bbs's some of those titles bring back some great memories

I've got most of their games so far, (well only the shooter type games that use the wolf3d engine) but it's the keen, wolf3d, doom, heretic, hexen, quake games that do it for me the most.

• 2 weeks later...

more stuff to add to the list, id anthology boxed, missing a few bits though (t-shirt, comic, phone card) still for 47 quid inc p&p, it was a bargin. I've seen people just sell the discs / book for 60+. The other thing I got was Doom v1.1 on floppy + manual no box, only a tenner from a nice guy in Germany.

• 2 weeks later...

rlvsiq.jpg

unboxed:

Wolfenstein 3d floppy

wolfenstein 3d shareware cd x3 (one is complete with cover)

doom shareware v1.666 shareware cd (complete with cover)

doom shareware cd

doom shareware cd

heretic US (complete with cover / manual)

hexen US (complete with cover / manual)

quake sharware US cdrom (complete with cover / manual)

quake US cdrom (complete with cover / manual)

quake cdrom (complete with cover / manual)

quake II cdrom (complete with cover / manual)

Quake III cdrom (complete with cover / manual)

Quake 4 SE (complete with cover / manual)

Quake 4 (complete with cover / manual)

Doom II floppy (with manual)

Doom II US cdrom

doom II cdrom

doom v1.1 (with manual)

rtcw se cdrom (with manual)

rtcw ee cdrom (with manual)

rtcw cdrom (with manual)

doom collectors editon with doom 3 preview cd

doom collectors edition cd

doom 3 cdrom

doom 3 expansion cdrom