Missouri boy, 12, charged with murder of parents

Maybe not a ban, but stricter gun control laws. They have that in Canada, it's pretty easy to cross the border into the US to buy guns. You don't see everyone fashioning a pistol under their pillow.

They should totally use their discretion on this case, but if there was no evidence of abuse or otherwise violence towards the child, he should be tried as an adult.

You dont exactly have hordes of illegal Mexicans coming into Canda either.

Those damn mexicans and their gun smuggling....... say you banned ALL weapons and everyone with a gun had to have it destroyed, do you think Mexicans could bring over millions of guns over the border?

Ill bet that you have more chance of being killed by a legal gun or a gun that was registered legally and then stolen rather than someone who smuggled a gun over the border.

Please, they are there to steal not to systematically murder your whole family before stealing all of your stuff, if you challenge the robber of course hes going to shoot you. If you let him take what he wants he leaves and everyone lives.

Your talking out of you're ass now.Murders happen all the time during home invasions.especially if gang members are involved.The United States isn't merry old England ya know.Murders happen all the time in home invasions and someone that says other wise is being plain ignorant to the situation.

Crossing the border illegally with the clothes on their backs, what's left of their families and a truckload of guns of course.

Or do you mean every citizen has the right to any type of fire power to protect themselves from illegal aliens?

Your talking out of you're ass now.Murders happen all the time during home invasions.especially if gang members are involved.The United States isn't merry old England ya know.Murders happen all the time in home invasions and someone that says other wise is being plain ignorant to the situation.

They happen all the time because the home owners challenge the ones with the guns, if they let them take the stuff there would be less chance of being shot. I've been robbed at knifepoint before now, rather than try and fight them i just let them take what they wanted, some cash, a debit card which was cancelled within an hour, a phone, wasnt worth being stabbed to death for.

I know the UK isnt the USA. (PS the UK consists of more than just England)

They happen all the time because the home owners challenge the ones with the guns, if they let them take the stuff there would be less chance of being shot.

I know the UK isnt the USA.

Wrong there have been many instances of people being shot dead while they were in bed sleeping.Im a rather light sleeper so I pretty much hear a little knock or anything and im a wake id rather have a gun to protect me then say a broom stick.

Wrong there have been many instances of people being shot dead while they were in bed sleeping.Im a rather light sleeper so I pretty much hear a little knock or anything and im a wake id rather have a gun to protect me then say a broom stick.

That makes no sense, a robber comes into your house, creeps upstairs and risks waking you and your family up, gets into your room without waking you just to murder you in your sleep?

Thats not a robber.

That makes no sense, a robber comes into your house, creeps upstairs and risks waking you and your family up, gets into your room without waking you just to murder you in your sleep?

Thats not a robber.

It happens all the time. Robber or no robber it doesn't matter, id rather have a gun to protect myself from some unknown person thats breaking into myself than nothing at all.

Murders don't only happen in the United States. You're ignorant if you think that.

And as you can see, if you want to graph it, more guns doesn't correlate to less crime, otherwise crime should be at an all time low with the increase of weapons since the 1900s. Not that I'm saying less guns means less crime in the case where there's already a lot of guns in the system, it's pretty much too late for the US.

It happens all the time. Robber or no robber it doesn't matter, id rather have a gun to protect myself from some unknown person thats breaking into myself than nothing at all.

My point is if everyone can get a gun then you are more likely to get shot by a gun.

For the record I am against banning guns and i am frustrated at my government as i would very much like to own a gun for target practice and target shooting. I just dont like ridiculous arguments and sad justifications for owning a gun, oh all the bad guys have one so i have to have one as well isnt a valid argument.

My point is if everyone can get a gun then you are more likely to get shot by a gun.

For the record I am against banning guns and i am frustrated at my government as i would very much like to own a gun for target practice and target shooting. I just dont like ridiculous arguments and sad justifications for owning a gun, oh all the bad guys have one so i have to have one as well isnt a valid argument.

Not everyone can get a gun in the United States.You all act like you can walk into a gun store and just pick one up and go home with it the same day.You have to pass a background check If you have any violent crimes or felonies on your record you cant own a gun.How is protecting yourself from a murder a ridiculous argument?? I mean wtf if anyone would own a gun I think it should be to protect themselves from someone thats trying to kill them.Like i said a dozen times or more in the other gun threads is that just because someone owns a gun doesn't mean they are going to go out and murder.

Oh great here we go.The gun ban protectionist will be arriving shortly.

You have to wonder though how can a 12 yo boy have access to a gun ...

My dad has a lot of firearms including one old pump-action shotgun like you see in zombie movies and games.

They are all locked and and no one but my dad has access to the key.

Firearms are not toys. Of course everyone want to hold that old pump-action shotgun when they see it and do like in evil dead but it's a very dangerous weapon that needs to be locked safely.

Not everyone can get a gun in the United States.You all act like you can walk into a gun store and just pick one up and go home with it the same day.You have to pass a background check If you have any violent crimes or felonies on your record you cant own a gun.How is protecting yourself from a murder a ridiculous argument?? I mean wtf if anyone would own a gun I think it should be to protect themselves from someone thats trying to kill them.Like i said a dozen times or more in the other gun threads is that just because someone owns a gun doesn't mean they are going to go out and murder.

I know not everyone can get a gun but they have them in "department stores" for crying out loud.

I never said protecting yourself from being murdered was a ridiculous argument, i said the ridiculous argument was trying to justify owning a gun just because bad guys have guns, if no one could get a gun and all guns were destroyed the amount of death by shooting would dramatically drop and like the UK shootings would be a rare occurance and thats why shootings in the UK get national news coverage because it is a pretty big deal when someone dies by shooting.

My dad has a lot of firearms including one old pump-action shotgun like you see in zombie movies and games.

Firearms are not toys. Of course everyone want to hold that old pump-action shotgun when they see it and do like in evil dead but it's a very dangerous weapon that needs to be locked safely.

irresponsible parents.I don't know about that state but California requires you to buy either a gun safe or a gun lock for your weapon. If they were responsible parents it would of never happened. But this is topic has turned into blame the community not the individual like it always does.

He should be punished for what he done, but no way should a 12 year old kid be tried as an adult. It's just like that Idaho kid being tried as an adult (in the news last year I think), it should not happen.

I don't care if he's 12 or 21, he just killed two people (his parents)...he should be tried as an adult and life in prison (maybe with a chance of parole after 25 years. I'm tired of age and/or mental issues helping people get around the system. A monster is a monster no matter what age they are. It is my firm belief that if you (intentionally) take another persons' life you DO NOT deserve a second chance.

I know not everyone can get a gun but they have them in "department stores" for crying out loud.

I never said protecting yourself from being murdered was a ridiculous argument, i said the ridiculous argument was trying to justify owning a gun just because bad guys have guns, if no one could get a gun and all guns were destroyed the amount of death by shooting would dramatically drop and like the UK shootings would be a rare occurance and thats why shootings in the UK get national news coverage because it is a pretty big deal when someone dies by shooting.

I don't care if they sell guns at the corner store as they follow federal regulations. Just because they are at department stores doesn't make them any more available to people,They could just as easily go to a gun store.Id rather go to a gun store anyway. More selection.

irresponsible parents.I don't know about that state but california requires you to buy either a gun safe or a gun lock for your weapon. If they were responsible parents it would of never happened. But this is topic has turned into blame the community not the individual like it always does.

You have to blame the community, if Americans werent so blas? about guns you would be taken more seriously.

It was probably loaded on top of the TV. It happened in a trailer park in the middle of nowhere Hicksville, USA. Not surprising at all.

It was probably loaded on top of the TV. It happened in a trailer park in the middle of nowhere Hicksville, USA. Not surprising at all.

Sad, but true. I hate to stereotype but this is straight out of the 11 news...

You have to blame the community, if Americans werent so blasé about guns you would be taken more seriously.

You don't think I take gun's seriously? :laugh: You think I take my guns out and shoot them in the air like the do in the middle east :laugh: I know guns can be dangerous, I don't let anyone near my gun's unless they know how to properly handle them.What do you think? Do you think most american's are riding around with AK-47s? LMAO Gun safety is tooken very serious in this country.

You have to blame the community, if Americans werent so blas? about guns you would be taken more seriously.

sorry all countries are like that don't just blame america

You don't think I take gun's seriously? :laugh: You think I take my guns out and shoot them in the air like the do in the middle east :laugh: I know guns can be dangerous, I don't let anyone near my gun's unless they know how to properly handle them.What do you think? Do you think most american's are riding around with AK-47s? LMAO Gun safety is tooken very serious in this country.

exactly. go buy an airsoft and ride with it in your car if you dont beleive him. just wait to see how long it is before a swat team shows up.

A hearing will be held at a later date to determine if the 12-year-old will be tried as an adult or a juvenile' date=' the news network reported.

[/quote']

:rolleyes: He's 12; he knows that shooting people to death is wrong.