• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Rep Changes

Raa    1,534

I agree with Neobond. We survived 9+ years with no rep, all of a sudden, it's a big deal.

Just let it go guys, seriously.

+1 to all the staff that tried to make it work, now lets all have a drink! :)

petrossa    156

I had a rep of 54 :(. I felt good about it, because it made me realize that people took the time to read my posts and took the time to rep them.Maybe it didn't add anything, but it didn't detract from anything either.

I had 156, mentioned that to a staffmember, a few days later the repsystem was yanked. I never understood why i had 156 since usually my posts attract invective.

Go figure.

Steven P.    12,968

I had 156, mentioned that to a staffmember, a few days later the repsystem was yanked. I never understood why i had 156 since usually my posts attract invective.

Go figure.

Yeah because everything revolves around you. :rolleyes:

petrossa    156

Yeah because everything revolves around you.??:rolleyes:

I only observed a flow of events without drawing conclusions. Responding to it is somewhat weird.? :whistle:

Singh400    184

Go figure.

You had 156? Holy crap, thought I was going good with 88 :rofl: Maybe the percent of insane members is higher than I thought on Neowin... :D

petrossa    156

You had 156? Holy crap, thought I was going good with 88 :rofl: Maybe the percent of insane members is higher than I thought on Neowin... :D

I was as amazed as you were. I'd have accepted -156 but +156??

Conclusions can be drawn:

a) many of my posts were intelligent, insightful

b) i have 1 fan who reps me all the time

I take door number 1? :laugh:

+Frank B.    7,149

I had around 360 rep points before the system was scrapped. So what? I never cared that much for them.

... and no, I have no idea how I ended up having that many reputation points.

markjensen    98

Go figure.

I only observed a flow of events without drawing conclusions. Responding to it is somewhat weird.? :whistle:

I sneezed, a few days later, the BP well broke, spilling hundreds of thousands of oil into the Gulf of Mexico.

Go figure.

Pointing out a flow of unrelated events does not a conspiracy make.

Fubar    114

lol at the people whinging about the rep system, i say remove the bloody post count and only have it showing on the profile aswell, all it does is just add to the epeen lol

petrossa    156

I had around 360 rep points before the system was scrapped. So what? I never cared that much for them.

... and no, I have no idea how I ended up having that many reputation points.

Yes but you don't have a hatecrowd on your heels. I can't post somewhere without being vilified no matter the subject. Even staff vilify me given the chance. That's were my amazement stems from, not the absolute number.

Already in betatesting i remarked the repsystem was futile and bound for failure. On the betasite i was -7 in one day :laugh:

I sneezed, a few days later, the BP well broke, spilling hundreds of thousands of oil into the Gulf of Mexico.

Go figure.

Pointing out a flow of unrelated events does not a conspiracy make.

Never claimed one. Why defend something that isn't accused?

markjensen    98
Never claimed one. Why defend something that isn't accused?

I never claimed you claimed there was a conspiracy. ;) Two can play the "I didn't say that game" :p

I pointed out that you mentioned two unrelated events and then posted "go figure". You never said they were related, but that 'go figure' at the end will cause many to infer it.

I did the same thing, posted two unrelated events and then said "go figure". I also posted a general statement that unrelated events do not make a conspiracy. I never ever stated that you claimed a conspiracy.

Somehow I feel you are going to not be able to see how the connection between our posts goes. :shiftyninja:

petrossa    156

I never claimed you claimed there was a conspiracy.??;)??Two can play the "I didn't say that game" :p

I pointed out that you mentioned two unrelated events and then posted "go figure".?? You never said they were related, but that 'go figure' at the end will cause many to infer it.

I did the same thing, posted two unrelated events and then said "go figure".??I also posted a general statement that unrelated events do not make a conspiracy.?? I never ever stated that you claimed a conspiracy.

Somehow I feel you are going to not be able to see how the connection between our posts goes.??:shiftyninja:

No, you just misread my post.

The first part was cynical, like finally i'm getting recognized and now it gets yanked. After which i observed how in the hell i could have gotten that many in the first place...go figure.

So 'go figure' was in relation to me getting repped in the first place seeing the normal crapload of adjectives and invectives i receive.

It didn't relate to the first part which was just to take the mickey out of the staffmember in question.

Sheesh, you lot need to go for elective toereduction surgery. :wacko:

Guest xiphi   

Niiiice! A question and an answer in the same post! :cool:

Huh? :blink:

markjensen    98

Huh? :blink:

I was just being silly. Let me re-edit the exchange to be a bit more clear. ;)

I don't get why it was removed ... it didn't really add anything to the forums.

Niiiice! A question and an answer in the same post! :cool:

You said you didn't know why it was removed, then stated the reason it was removed: it didn't do what it was intended to. :D

Tech Star    254
notsee.jpg

Guest xiphi   

I was just being silly. Let me re-edit the exchange to be a bit more clear. ;)

You said you didn't know why it was removed, then stated the reason it was removed: it didn't do what it was intended to. :D

If what I said was the case for the removal, a lot of other features could be removed as well. Doubt that would happen since it was just my opinion about the feature in question. Though, removing a feature that wasn't used as it was intended would be a good reason. Just one less thing to maintain.

c3ntury    133

Just have stricter rules and ban the "bad members". There shouldn't be any need for a rep system UNLESS only staff / subscribers could rep people.

micwa    2

But.. but.. all the cool forums are doing this! :laugh: