The Workout Corner.

I just realized my significant goal of hitting a lower weight may be a bit..lower than I anticipated.

Instead of 163.. I need to shoot for 138.

That's 59 more pounds. faint.gif.

I figured, what the heck...

Neowin might have some people who might want to do some exercise and actually turn it into a community effort to lose weight...

So, why don't we share our weight loss tips and tricks and make it an over-all community wide thing..?

I go to the gym 3 nights a week to do weights only, then do cardio every other day. A workout generally goes for 45 minutes. In the last 6 month I have lost about 7 kg's and put some back on in muscle. I now eat healthy foods and ensure I try to have 20 grams + of protein each meal. I generally try to eat 5-6 small meals a day.

In the last 6 month I have seen some pretty good changes in my chest and arms getting much bigger, and my waist getting smaller. I can actually dead lift 3 times my body weight now!!That all being said, before I started this I ate bad food and never exercised at all.

I believe the key is to eat better (healthier) meals in smaller sizes more often. This, plus at least 30 minutes of exercise a day will make a big difference to your lifestyle and body over time.

15 pounds! :blink:

Impressive job Sw1ch!

I'm not eating as much as I used to. I used to be able to walk into Taco Bell and order eight to ten dollars of food.. now I'm lucky if I can even eat a full six dollars worth without having my stomach cry in pain that it's full.

Regulating your diet is critical.

15 pounds! :blink:

Impressive job Sw1ch!

I'm not eating as much as I used to. I used to be able to walk into Taco Bell and order eight to ten dollars of food.. now I'm lucky if I can even eat a full six dollars worth without having my stomach cry in pain that it's full.

Regulating your diet is critical.

Cheers, and yes it is. Cutting out things like Coke, Pepsi and full sugar sweets and foods really helps, and you feel much better for it!

• 3 months later...

I have lost 53 pounds since I started working out again about 6 months ago. I haven't changed my eating habits very much. I have always eaten pretty well.

I'm down to 204 now. I'm shooting for around 185, where I was at previously before getting ill and was in very good shape. I go to the gym every second day and do both cardio and weight training every day I go. I'm always at the gym about 3 hours.

Does anybody have any tips on increasing my peck strength? I'm stuck at a pathetic weight for anything relying on chest strength

I have lost 53 pounds since I started working out again about 6 months ago. I haven't changed my eating habits very much. I have always eaten pretty well.

I'm down to 204 now. I'm shooting for around 185, where I was at previously before getting ill and was in very good shape. I go to the gym every second day and do both cardio and weight training every day I go. I'm always at the gym about 3 hours.

Does anybody have any tips on increasing my peck strength? I'm stuck at a pathetic weight for anything relying on chest strength

Ye do press ups in quick succession

May sound lazy but I use the Wii Fit, it's not too bad.

I used to use my Wii Fit but it's not that good and I never broke in to a sweat, I now use EA Sports and EA Sports active More. It's an absolute killer and I sweat like a pig :laugh:

I used to weigh 240lbs, I have lost 50lbs.

I adopted a dog at the end of March, and I walk him a lot. I usually walk from my house to the capitol building (about 4 miles) every day. I also drink quite a bit of water. The only time I drink soda is when I go out for food, which isn't often (once a month or so).

I also eat less, but it is still hard for me. I am still in that mindset that my stomach needs to be very very full before I stop eating, but I am slowly getting used to not needing that "satisfaction."

So walk more, drink more water, eat less.

I would like to do weight training and such, but I don't have weights, nor do I have the money for a membership or equipment :/

Been working out and dieting for better part of this year.

I'm 5'8". I went from 200lbs down to 160lbs. Also went from 34" waist to 30" waist. I want to lose about 5 more pounds. I've gained quite a bit of muscle too.