• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

3ds Max Renders

mmmmbacon    0

I am studying to become a building designer and one of my subjects was a digital rendering class. We created a model in Revit Architecture then brought it in 3ds Max Studio 2010 to render 6 views.

Below is the Revit model. The renders are from the interior of this building.

revit.jpg

Now here are the six images that I rendered at 1080p with 3ds Max and Mental Ray. They are in the order in which I rendered them.

render11080pday.jpg

render21080pnight.jpg

render31080pday.jpg

render41080pnight.jpg

render51080pnight.jpg

render61080pday.jpg

Any thoughts or constructive criticism is welcome. I am now doing a animation class where I will create a video walk through a building.

This was the first time I used Revit and 3ds Max. One 2 hr class a week for 16 weeks.

Drop any advice or tips below please.

ThisSiteHasLostItsCharm    263

good work, I like the last two images.

backdrifter    13

good job on such a short time. one thing that caught my eye is the texturıng. try working with the uvw map modifiers in max for using textures or they might out of scale and orientation on some models. (it is evident in the side tables' woodwork in the bedroom render and the coffee table on the last one)

mokthraka    159

just wondering. why use 3ds max and not revit for the renders? I have seen some really nice renders in revit

The Guvnor    56

I am a student of animation & about a year back i was going through with Max, Just two samples for you to look at :)

11b6ont.jpg

This one was basically a small test of how the bottle and the liquid inside could be textured, at this time i had no knowledge of lighting at all so i did the modelling & texturing only , its presented in an AO pass.

This was the Big test , I Did the modelling, the texturing & the lighting to create this .....

317jinb.jpg

rayuqr.jpg

10fuofl.jpg

BlackSteyrAug    3

I've been putting off learning this program for years. Any recommendations on tutorial websites to get someone like me started? I only have photoshop experience.

mmmmbacon    0

I dont know of any good tutorial websites but a good website for max furniture 'turbosquid.com'. Nice work Big Daddy Cool.

Jason S.    1,496

about 7yrs ago i bought a "3ds max for dummies" book and read just about all of it while practicing w/ their included trial. the program was incredibly intricate, for a noob like me. i wish i had a reason to continue to learn it. i couldnt even begin to do the stuff you guys made. the best thing i made was a spinning bottle cap and a whiskey glass.

good work guys!

The Guvnor    56

Actually, be it Max or Maya ...... both softwares are so vast that they just cant be learnt through books , a person needs proper training just to understad the basics of these leave alone making something intricate in it.

OOOOOOOO    192

Actually, be it Max or Maya ...... both softwares are so vast that they just cant be learnt through books , a person needs proper training just to understad the basics of these leave alone making something intricate in it.

Or just using them all day every day for years like I do for work! :D

deactivated170812    11

Yep, I completely agree with that. It's pointless to learn these programs from A to Z. Instead, get to know the basics and then start with a project and learn as you go.

DocM    16,486

^^^^____ AMEN !!

mmmmbacon: Very nice! You're off to a good start. Now all you need is a render farm ;)