Will you line up to buy StarCraft 2?

98 members have voted

1. 1. Will you line up?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

I'm a Starcraft fanatic (was one of the first games I ever played) and can't wait for it to come out, but I was never one to wait in line to get something as soon as it was released.

I'll preorder it and pick it up later that day just for the convenience factor. :)

I've pre ordered and it'll show up release day or the day after at most. I can live with that, seeing as I've waited over ten years for a sequel.

I laugh at people who stand in lines for products. Like the iPhone. Rofl what losers. I preordered mine so it'll be here that day. I love Starcraft. I still brood war. I'm in the sc2 beta. But to stand in line so I can be the "first" to have something is simply dumb.

I laugh at people who stand in lines for products. Like the iPhone. Rofl what losers. I preordered mine so it'll be here that day. I love Starcraft. I still brood war. I'm in the sc2 beta. But to stand in line so I can be the "first" to have something is simply dumb.

I'm waiting in line for Cataclysm because I want to roll my Worgen the night of release. :)

$60 for Part 1 of 3, with no ability to play without going through Blizzard/Activision servers...

no...

I admit, it looks very good and will probably be an A+ title game (Blizzard fails to disappoint)... but the cost, drm, and changes I don't like.

$60 for Part 1 of 3, with no ability to play without going through Blizzard/Activision servers...

no...

I admit, it looks very good and will probably be an A+ title game (Blizzard fails to disappoint)... but the cost, drm, and changes I don't like.

you only have to login to their servers once, then you can login using play as guest the only thing you loose out on is chat, online profile and achivements , you can still play singleplayer content and skrimish missions as i understand it.

I've never understood the idea of queuing up for the immediate release of something. You get to see/play/experience something a few hours before everyone else, big whoop.

So that's a no from me.

I'm waiting in line for Cataclysm because I want to roll my Worgen the night of release. :)

I rest my case :p lol

I'm just gonna wake up that morning and go to my local gamestop and buy it. Like I've done with wraith and BC.

I'm sorry but NO, I do not buy crappy games. This game is a sad attempt by Blizzard to milk the franchise, good luck with that.

Originally I was thinking of lining up for the swag at Futureshop, but after searching for the headset they're giving out, I may change my mind.

Dynex Headset With Microphone (DX-28)

Then again, this shouldn't be a surprise since it's Futureshop.

Well you do get 2 SCII Ball Caps, the Headset and a limited edition Poster. It's actually better than Best Buy(no midnight launch, no swag), Gamestop/EB (Midnight Launch + possible poster + mouse pad).

I will line up, but not at midnight on the 27th. I have my copy reserved and should be able to pick it up later in the morning, at a reasonable hour like 8:00 AM. I really don't know what kind of line-up there will be at that moment, so I voted yes in the somewhat likely case that there is a line-up even for reserved copies.

i used to love working at futureshop to watch all the WoW nerds wait in line starting at midnight to line up for the game. SOOOOOO funny. We didn't even sell out of the game cause of how many copies we had. I don't get this obsession with playing a video game that badly.

heh... I just preordered my Lich King then walked in and picked it up. I would have bought it online but they didn't have it available for download for a while.

I was also in the beta for SC2 and I won't be buying it. I just wasn't impressed.

I'm sorry but NO, I do not buy crappy games. This game is a sad attempt by Blizzard to milk the franchise, good luck with that.

Pokemon, Final Fantasy and Halo are milked franchises

if Blizzard wanted to milk Starcraft, they would have released Starcraft 2 like 7 years ago and by now we'd be on Starcraft XII: Gold Heart Recon ODST Edition

Pokemon, Final Fantasy and Halo are milked franchises

if Blizzard wanted to milk Starcraft, they would have released Starcraft 2 like 7 years ago and by now we'd be on Starcraft XII: Gold Heart Recon ODST Edition

Don't forget COD as well.

Nah, not that dedicated :huh:

I'll download it at some point in the future.

I'll be there at 23:45, waiting patiently for the doors to be unlocked. :\

It's not just about the single player campaign though, - it's about the amazing UMS maps that will be available once the game's around for a little while. Those will make it worth playing for another 12 years... Or at least until Diablo 3.

Cheers.