97 members have voted

1. 1. What race do you play as (the most)?

• Protoss
    • Terran
    • Zerg
    • Random

The Wife bought me this yesterday for Fathers day :D - Only played a little on the trial when it first came out. Hope I don't suck too much :p

lol good luck there is so many talented folks out there!

Add me: YounGMessiah, char. code: 114

I can attempt to give you pointers.

It may be maxing it out but it's inefficient. As I said earlier, 2 workers per mineral patch is better. Of course, that doesn't mean you shouldn't make more workers. I continuously produce workers because I always plan on expanding. It also helps if you get harassed and lose workers.

2 workers per mineral patch = 16 workers

3 workers per geyser = 6 workers

total = 22 workers

Going by that, the optimal number of workers is 22. After that, you should only make more if you plan on expanding (which should almost-always be the case).

I think we're saying the same thing in different terms. I usually max out my first because as it gets tapped out, my third and fourth are going up, and I transfer workers from the first to the expansions. I never put 30 on my second.

I think we're saying the same thing in different terms. I usually max out my first because as it gets tapped out, my third and fourth are going up, and I transfer workers from the first to the expansions. I never put 30 on my second.

You should still be evenly splitting your workers between your main and your natural.

When is normally the best time for a Terran or Protoss to expand to their natural??

With Zerg, I just wait till 10, build another hatch, build pool, overlord, drones, extractor and that has me good.

When is normally the best time for a Terran or Protoss to expand to their natural??

With Zerg, I just wait till 10, build another hatch, build pool, overlord, drones, extractor and that has me good.

You build a hatchery at 10 supply? That's far too early, you should be building it at 15supply at the earliest. Protoss 14/15supply Nexus and the same with Terran for fast expand builds.

lol good luck there is so many talented folks out there!

Add me: YounGMessiah, char. code: 114

I can attempt to give you pointers.

cheers bud - I'll add you later

10 hatch is a terrible idea. 9 pool is considered an aggressive open unless countering a 6 pool. 10 hatch is just economic suicide.

As for Protoss: http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Forge_Fast_Expansion_%28vs._Zerg%29

Terran depends a bit more on what your opponent is coming at you with, but since they can wall off and defend with tanks, they have a lot of options: http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/1_Rax_FE

10 hatch is a terrible idea. 9 pool is considered an aggressive open unless countering a 6 pool. 10 hatch is just economic suicide.

As for Protoss: http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Forge_Fast_Expansion_%28vs._Zerg%29

Terran depends a bit more on what your opponent is coming at you with, but since they can wall off and defend with tanks, they have a lot of options: http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/1_Rax_FE

You might think it is terrible, but I still 9 pool and get everything up on time with a hatchery; it has only failed me once, but other than that it works ;). *Do note, I would not do this on a 1v1 though..

Epic replay of someone else here!:

Well if you play the campaign and the challenges it offers, that always helps! Other than watching replays on youtube to study behavior, you have to get in there and just try and learn (watching replays of your defeats or victories).

There is also all around the web such as TeamLiquid which provide nice builds for races.

APM = Action Per Minute is very huge in this game, gotta be quick and adapt to whatever is going on as well as always scouting.

I have a hard time remembering what units are susceptible to what units, and what they take out easily than others. I am probably just dumb. I can comprehend MMO's but not RTS games.

I have a hard time remembering what units are susceptible to what units, and what they take out easily than others. I am probably just dumb. I can comprehend MMO's but not RTS games.

There is a help button on the top of SC II and it shows all units and what they are strong/weak against.

Well what is your typical strat? How do you lose/win?

And no I have not seen this game on sale, I doubt it will. Maybe when the heart of the swarm comes out.

does this game ever go on sale?

Actually, there's a big canadian forum watching over any sale and discount.

Case in point : amazon had for 2 hours sc2 on sale for just ?20.

Right now there are 2 reputable game keys sellers with it at ? ?38 , still a decent price for an exceptional game.

protoss here anyone know of any good guides to read as I really suck playing online....

watch pro replays and your own win/lose replays too and learn mistakes and see other players play. And keep playing until you are use to the hotkeys and build orders.

Oh yeah I did forget to mention that! Well kinda mentioned it with the APM, but knowing the hot keys is very huge! You can not waste time clicking about on those things.

I suggest you watch games on Youtube and the like. Plenty of good casters that will teach you the game over time: cricketstarcraft, psystarcraft, huskystarcraft, hdstarcraft, day9tv, artosistv, etc.

Figure out a strategy to beat a computer on Very Hard (whatever race it plays). That's the first thing I did before jumping on ladder, got placed in Silver (back in the beta days). Since then I've climbed to the top of Diamond, at this point it's mainly bad mechanics and ZvZ that hold me back from going to Masters. When I started I used to watch the day9 daily every day, now it's mainly casts and watching my own replays to figure out my mistakes.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it me or has Starcraft II been a bit buggy lately? I mean the who custom games system is screwed up, the list doesn't show all the games and when I try to join certain ones I get different kinds of errors..

haha I found out why it was only showing some games rather than all, I had my PeerBlock on lmao..

does this game ever go on sale?

I get cd-keys on sale for $30 a piece from a private party, bought 2 of them recently cause I got banned in the last banwave...gotta keep my game up, haha.

I get cd-keys on sale for $30 a piece from a private party, bought 2 of them recently cause I got banned in the last banwave...gotta keep my game up, haha.

And why did you get banned?

And why did you get banned?

was being dumb and used a public drophack to get to gm #189 for the lulz. $30 cdkeys are too cheap not to have some fun once in awhile with a publicly leaked tool like that.

P.S: Don't PM me either about this tool either, I'm not going to give any kind of information about it to anyone on here because I've been a member of neowin too long to jeopordize my membership. I was just simply sharing some info about cheap cd-keys for members that are on a budget and want to get into playing this game.