97 members have voted

1. 1. What race do you play as (the most)?

• Protoss
    • Terran
    • Zerg
    • Random

Patch 1.3.6 added some cool UI changes. You can see your rank at the multiplayer menu. Also, you can see how much minerals you get back after cancelling a structure. Oddly enough, none of it is listed in the patch notes.

Patch 1.3.6 added some cool UI changes. You can see your rank at the multiplayer menu. Also, you can see how much minerals you get back after cancelling a structure. Oddly enough, none of it is listed in the patch notes.

It's patch 1.4 that just came out. Patch 1.3.6 came out in July.

It's patch 1.4 that just came out. Patch 1.3.6 came out in July.

You're right! For some reason, I only saw patch 1.3.6 in the updater and assumed 1.4 wasn't released. I played some games today and didn't bother to check if the immortal's range was 6. :pinch:

• 2 weeks later...

I especially like that you can still NP massive units. They reverted that change during patch development. However, the reduced range makes it so that NP is very impractical in most situations now. I haven't seen it used once in the most recent tournament (where IdrA won btw <3), IEM Guangzhou.

Yeah, I saw that on Husky's channel. It's definitely interesting and I hope that more information is revealed about the MP units in Heart of the Swarm.

I think we'll see a Protoss unit silhouette next week. The Zerg one looks interesting. I guess it'll be similar to the lurker.

I understand that it's useful for taking out massive units and the removal of that aspect of the ability is a huge blow to infestors. Fortunately for non-Zerg players, it means worrying less about neural parasite and more about fungal growth. That ability is insanely effective against Terran and Protoss. In a lot of cases, over 75% of my army is taken out because of a few well-placed fungal growths. It's even more annoying when a bunch of your stalkers are taken out quite easily rather than zealots.

I'm glad they delayed the barracks build time because I found the 1/1/1 build to be both annoying and cheap. Anyway, it's funny you mentioned teamliquid.net because I just recently reset my password for my account there just to start posting around (to discuss Protoss strategy).

Fungal growth is part of the "creep", and Zerg units always make better time moving over "creeped" turf than over normal turf.

For Terrans, you likely need to send in Firebats as part of your ground force simply to deal with the creep (and fungal growth, of course).

Fungal growth is part of the "creep", and Zerg units always make better time moving over "creeped" turf than over normal turf.

For Terrans, you likely need to send in Firebats as part of your ground force simply to deal with the creep (and fungal growth, of course).

He's talking about multiplayer. You don't get Firebats in multiplayer nor do you ever get to play Zerg in the single player.

I don't understand how fungal growth has any relation to Zerg creep. One is an area of effect spell and the other is living material that spreads out from Zerg structures (and offers a movement speed bonus for Zerg ground units).

Also, Firebats are only available in the campaign.

He must be confusing it with creep tumors, I guess.

That makes sense.

Anyway, the current season is locked until the week of Oct. 24th and future seasons will last for two months. Also, there's a new career page that shows your league and rank in previous seasons.

There's speculation that it may be a mobile shield battery. I hope this is true because it could be good against Terran armies that have ghosts. Their EMP ability is very hard to deal with because it's damn-near impossible to dodge.

Looks pretty good. However I don't think I'll rush to buy it it like I did with Wings of Liberty. The new units look like major game changers, pros will have to relearn the entire game.

A question, was it Nova, or Karigen (sp?) that was supposed to star in the never released Ghost game? Sad that game never saw the light of day, I was always looking forward to it since I first saw screen shots of it in old PC gamer magazines many years ago.

Looks pretty good. However I don't think I'll rush to buy it it like I did with Wings of Liberty,

A question, was it Nova, or Karigen (sp?) that was supposed to star in the never released Ghost game? Sad that game never saw the light of day, I was always looking forward to it since I first saw screen shots of it in old PC gamer magazines many years ago.

It was Nova.

I really wanted to play it too when I first read about it.