(Mac) Would you guys like and use...

Hey everyone, been talking to Redmak and Neobond about a few ideas I've had for the Mac section and expansion of it for the last few days. While talking to Neobond today about a slightly related issue he told me he'd give thought to a Mac Oriented Desktops (Wallpaper) / Themes / Icons forum if there was a desire to have such.

So I ask you, please let me know in this thread if you'd be interested in such a forum and would put it to use by posting your creations in it much like the Windows Counterparts.

If there is enough interest, I'll let him know and hopefully we can get something like that created for us in the near future!

Thanks everyone!

Definitely. It'd be a good resource forum as it is a topic/genre that is commonly asked/requested. It'd be much better than searching through this forum.

Go for it :)

Right now, Customization isn't "for me" .. Maybe this forum will change that?! :p

*scratches head* Beyond a Mac News Front End, i can't really think of "much" else Neowin could add at the moment...

Right now, Customization isn't "for me" .. Maybe this forum will change that?! :p

*scratches head* Beyond a Mac News Front End, i can't really think of "much" else Neowin could add at the moment...

There were plans to make a mac customisation forum like 7 months ago but there weren't many mac users around at the time and timdorr was going to do the neocms thing but now that is scuppered perhaps there will be more interest for it.

I can't see it being used much though since I see most of you lot over in the Gui Customisation bit in macnn lol

There were plans to make a mac customisation forum like 7 months ago but there weren't many mac users around at the time and timdorr was going to do the neocms thing but now that is scuppered perhaps there will be more interest for it.

I can't see it being used much though since I see most of you lot over in the Gui Customisation bit in macnn lol

Agreed again. I really don't think it would get used very much. We have maybe 2 or 3 people here that actually do Mac themes/icons. The only customization topic we ever have here is the desktop thread.

What do you guys see putting in this forum? I could see a need for it if there were already quite a few threads on themes/icons, etc here, but there isn't. And like Cat said, pretty much everyone here gets there stuff from macnn, and no one at macnn that does themes posts here

With the size Mac community here at Neowin, there really isn't a need for expansion. A news frontpage would be nice. That would be the thing that draws Mac users from other sites (if done well). If that draws people in, hopefully designers as well, THEN maybe there will be a need for a customization forum. At this point though, there just isn't.

EDIT: Another thought would be to do a gallery like SpyMac and Macfora. I just don't see a need to add any more forums to a Mac community with under 100 people

Edited by superfula

What do you mean it was "scuppered"?

Good idea, Cara.

What do you mean it was "scuppered"?

Good idea, Cara.

it was scuppered as in "did not come about because there wasn't enough interest at the time"

I would like to say "great idea, let's do it", but I really don't think we have enough Mac designers (or even users) here to make that kind of forum interesting. I agree with superfula.

ya, what cerbero said.

I give the idea a (Y)(Y), but I just don't see to many designers that could fill the forum with fresh content. I am seeing just a small forum where PC users flame us about having our own "custimization" section and then on top of that, just not enough people making new stuff on a regular basis to keep it hot.

I don't know though, could work out great.