Extreme Metal

Iwrestledabearonce? OOF, really bad.

If you guys wont female fronted check out Wages of Sin, Walls of Jericho or Arch Enemy.

Walls of Jericho is so good. One of my favorite female fronted Hardcore bands

Would Opeth be considered Extreme Metal? I have been all about them lately - Ive purchased their whole catalog online over the past few years and have basically been listening to them non-stop. Absolutely.Amazing. They appeal to all of my Metal likes - fast, slow, death, melodic...

Anyway - the best from the best... Blackwater Park

1 of 2

2 of 2

Love this song, love that they worked with Jello Biafra, love that album. And I recently had a chance to interview Barney, if he's not the definition of a humble and nice person, I don't know who is.

Too hard to define what Extreme metal is, mainly because Extreme Metal isnt a genre as such.

It could only be in the following cats imo.

Nu-Metal

Heavy Metal

Progressive Metal

Black Metal

Death Metal

Epic Metal - Bands like Evergrey, (new) Dimmu Borgir, etc

Nu Metal can only be considered extreme as in extremely bad :p Don't get me wrong, largest portion of my favorite bands are nu metal, but it's arguable they're even metal, let alone extreme. I'd say death, black and thrash, with some crossover genres like grindcore, deathgrind. Even some 'industrial' bands like Fear Factory. And I already see people beating down on my opinions so I better leave it at that. Goddammit I hate genres.

Too hard to define what Extreme metal is, mainly because Extreme Metal isnt a genre as such.

It could only be in the following cats imo.

Nu-Metal

Heavy Metal

Progressive Metal

Black Metal

Death Metal

Epic Metal - Bands like Evergrey, (new) Dimmu Borgir, etc

Nope, it's not hard. It's not a genre but it's defined by heavy riffs, blast beats and gutural vocals.

If a person says Burzum is extreme I'll laugh hard... that's not even music IMO. That's only a tard guy, who thinks he plays something heavy. That's just noise. In another way Immortal is 1000000000x most extreme.

I don't like genres too but, sorry... Walls of Jericho and Otep principally is not even considered Death Metal. It's only heavy music to me.

Nope, it's not hard. It's not a genre but it's defined by heavy riffs, blast beats and gutural vocals.

If a person says Burzum is extreme I'll laugh hard... that's not even music IMO. That's only a tard guy, who thinks he plays something heavy. That's just noise. In another way Immortal is 1000000000x most extreme.

I don't like genres too but, sorry... Walls of Jericho and Otep principally is not even considered Death Metal. It's only heavy music to me.

I agree 100%. I hate genres, but Extreme metal and metal are two completely different things. Don't even get me started on Burzum, lol.

Another Extreme song - Killchain by Bolt Thrower (probably some of the best riffs I've heard in a while)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tbj3zkWVhU

One more - Midvinterblot by Unleashed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYTZrNkrf7I