Trillian 5 for Windows Public Beta!

Trillian-5-Beta.png

TRILLIAN 5 FOR WINDOWS PUBLIC BETA:

* Trillian 5 is a new "major release" and Pro customers will need to purchase a new license at a discount. Our 30 day pricing protection has been enabled from the point of our first announcement, meaning 30 days before July 1st, 2010. Therefore, if you purchased Pro anytime after June 1st, 2010 you've already got Trillian 5! Licenses are still on sale during our beta and will return to full price upon final release.

* Synchronized activity history is not yet ready for this build and will be unveiled in a future beta build of Trillian 5. We are still hard at work on the backend to make this possible.

* We will immediately begin the process of fixing bugs and tweaking features for Trillian 5.

* Dark theme lovers: a black theme is on the way!

* News on Trillian for Android public beta is coming next!

Learn more about Trillian 5 and grab your beta copy here: http://www.trillian....-trillian5.html

Wanted to try it until I found out that it forces you to create an "Astra" account and store all your login details (optional, on by default) and contact lists (not optional) with them.

Accounts storing on Cerulean servers is a "feature" from v4. Very concerning security wise. It is one of main reasons why I stopped using Trillian. Happy for years with Miranda IM.

I think it's stupid they're charging people for v5 for people who bought Astra.. I mean I seriously JUST BOUGHT Astra. :angry:

How long ago did you buy it? If its within a reasonable time I believe you are eligible for a free upgrade.

They need to make money to pay the developers of the software, you cannot just expect them to hand you everything for free.

Loving Trillian 5, soon as PayPal fixes my account will get my upgrade for Pro!

How long ago did you buy it? If its within a reasonable time I believe you are eligible for a free upgrade.

They need to make money to pay the developers of the software, you cannot just expect them to hand you everything for free.

Loving Trillian 5, soon as PayPal fixes my account will get my upgrade for Pro!

April 19th of THIS YEAR.

And I bought my friends two copies of it too.

April 19th of THIS YEAR.

And I bought my friends two copies of it too.

That was what, almost four months ago? You really expect it for free? I could truly understand if it was last week, two weeks ago, or even last month.. but it was four months ago!

Besides, Cerulean Studios is not forcing you to upgrade right now. Astra support will last for a while. Heck, they still (for now) support 3.1! If you truly feel that you do not want to spend the money to upgrade then just wait a few months.

That was what, almost four months ago? You really expect it for free? I could truly understand if it was last week, two weeks ago, or even last month.. but it was four months ago!

Besides, Cerulean Studios is not forcing you to upgrade right now. Astra support will last for a while. Heck, they still (for now) support 3.1! If you truly feel that you do not want to spend the money to upgrade then just wait a few months.

This is a beta...there should be no pro version. Let people pre-order if they want by all means, but to ask your paying customers to have to pay again to use a beta? That's just ridiculous, it's like asking you to pay for testing their software.

During the Astra beta everyone had pro accounts.

This is a beta...there should be no pro version. Let people pre-order if they want by all means, but to ask your paying customers to have to pay again to use a beta? That's just ridiculous, it's like asking you to pay for testing their software.

During the Astra beta everyone had pro accounts.

That is true, but you are also pre-ordering your upgrade license. I half expected them to at least allow Astra Pro users to have Pro features.

Its not like you wouldn't be paying for it when it came out as final if you wanted those features.

Very nice program actually! UI beats the Digsby one.

MSN Avatars aren't updating for me, they are all placeholder ones?

Don't seem to be having that problem. Haven't seen much mention of it on the Cerulean Studios Forums either. Did you happen to have a previous version of Trillian installed prior to installing the Public beta? If so, try uninstalling it and running CCleaner. :)

Yeah I did, just looked again and some avatars are showing while most aren't.

Hmm.. perhaps they are just taking there time on updating? I know I generally had to talk to people first (while they were online) before their avatars would update for me on Trillian 4.0-4.2.

Yeah looks that way,

one annoyance is that you can only have global tabbed chats, or by contact list group, why not by service? :/

Yeah looks that way,

one annoyance is that you can only have global tabbed chats, or by contact list group, why not by service? :/

Well, its not feature complete. Why not suggest it to Cerulean Studios? Sounds like a good idea to me. Anyways, glad to see you at least know how to get rid of your issue. As annoying as it may be.