How Bing is out-innovating Google

If you're searching for spyware and spam of course that's what you're going to find. What exactly are the search terms you're using that only return ads, spyware and spam? I get better and cleaner results with Bing than I ever got with Google. I don't even touch anything from them except for GMail anymore.

Search for "realtek high definition audio"

Google, first results for the search term:

post-52106-12808632310532.jpg

Bing!, first result for the search term (advertised spyware, spam websites):

post-52106-12808632434057.jpg

Google understand me more than Bing. :whistle:

The new Image Search design is exactly what I wanted. Kudos to you Google (Y)

Also, have any of you even tried out the new Bing Maps in Silverlight? It just blows Google Maps out of the water. Here's just one of the map apps that shows health risk factors in each state. Here's the cathedral of learning at university of pitt consisting of over 200 images with Photosynth integrated into Bing Maps

Did you try Bing Maps outside of USA ? Where i live (Quebec, Canada) Google Maps is vastly superior. Maps are a lot more accurate.

Search for "realtek high definition audio"

Google, first results for the search term:

post-52106-12808632310532.jpg

Bing!, first result for the search term (advertised spyware, spam websites):

post-52106-12808632434057.jpg

My results would also appear to differ. Your serve, sir.

realtek_high_definition_audio_-_Bing_-_Windows_Internet_Explorer_17002.png

I'm getting the sponsored links as well when I look for realtek drivers in google.

The problem with bing, features aside, is that it never gives me the results I want, and with google that comes easier for me. I guess people unconsciously adapt to google's algorithm of sorting stuff, so I guess it's not bings fault

I've just checked it again in multiple browsers (no content blocking) on multiple localized editions of Bing and nowhere do I get results anywhere similar to Lechio's. Lechio, could it be that your computer is infected with malware?

I've just checked it again in multiple browsers (no content blocking) on multiple localized editions of Bing and nowhere do I get results anywhere similar to Lechio's. Lechio, could it be that your computer is infected with malware?

Yeah. For what it's worth, I ran the same query in Google as well. Not only are there 'spyware' sponsored results, the results are also arguably less relevant. Check your PC for spyware Lechio!

realtek_high_definition_audio_-_Google_Search_-_Windows_Internet_Explorer_53386.png

Noap. I do not use a malware-vulnerable OS.

I don't think it's spyware. Depending on location and cookies, you'll get different links I suppose.

Also how are those google results less relevant? The CNet link looks legit, the realtek.com are spot on.

I would laugh if it is true. :rofl:

But he's very anti-Microsoft, so he's either a Linux or OSX user. And I don't know the chances of these two OS's being infected by malware.

Noap. I do not use a malware-vulnerable OS.

Without trying to take this thread off-topic about how Bing is out-innovating Google (and damn, Google does look a hell of a lot like Bing), there is no such thing. Linux isn't magically immune to malware, try harder.

I agree google may have borrowed stuff from bing. But let's not be fooled, bing's entire design is BASED on google.

Case in point:

e1dnjs.png

It's even called SafeSearch too!

All the "innovation" in the world does mean anything if your searches don't return useful links. Google, in my opinion, still leads the pack in search result relevance.

+1 I get more search results for what I'm looking for with Google then I do with Bing.

I like that Bing is motivating Google to be even better, but, meh. Bing is still ugly, slower, and doesn't give the same quality search results in my (admittedly limited--I didn't put up with it for long) experience. Then again, I don't like the changes to the Google image search either. But Bing has a long way to go before it can compete.

Julios Caro, even Yahoo's filtering feature is called SafeSearch, guess it's become a generic term. As for Bing having the same settings page as Google, I think it was done to make the transition easier for people coming from Google, it has nothing to do with copying features.

I agree google may have borrowed stuff from bing. But let's not be fooled, bing's entire design is BASED on google.

Case in point:

e1dnjs.png

It's even called SafeSearch too!

It's actually called "Safe Search". and I mean what else would you call it. it's a safe search, to filter out unsafe crap... lets make new words because someone else has used it...

I do like how lechio has adblocked the sponsored links in Google to make it seems better and safe. while ONLY showing sponsored links in Bing. Talk about going to extremes to prove your point. fabricating evidence for a Internet forum argument....