Outputting video as quick as possible

In a month or so I'll be working on a time limited project whereby I want to get the most out of "editing time" and minimise the processing time.

The video itself doesn't need to be high quality, its only "concept" and nothing is final presentation. Its a rapid development process, quick editing... review... quick editing... review... etc....

(Especially as I suspect it will entirely be filmed on standard digital cameras - not professional video cameras by any means)

I have access to the full Adobe Suite (CS4 presently) on a few computers, and pretty happy to dig into any of the programs. I use Photoshop/Indesign/Illustrator/Acrobat on a daily basis so the suite isn't "new" to me, and use Premier Pro from time to time for small projects (and merely using Encore to build/burn to disc).

The live preview from Premier Pro I would find acceptable.... however I can't simply play this for the fact I have limited access to the machine it will be played on - it will need to to be a standard video file format.

So any ideas? Last time I did something similar it seemed like more time was spent processing than editing.

• 2 weeks later...

You will want to export the video in the same format that it was taken off the camera, relying on it being a Common, format.

Then premier will just be creating your final clip video, rather than having to transcode all of the footage as well!

Hmm thanks, that might help a bit, as could use the most common format from the files ... but inevitably not all of the clips will be different.

Using a Video player such as VLC will give you the maximum possibilities of codec's to export to as well :)