What game do you credit for turning you into a "Gamer"?

Pretty self-explanitory.

For me, it was the Ultima series starting at Ultima IV. Going through the games with

a single character that was "remembered" in the world through the series was

awesome. 100 years would pass, so when you showed up in the next game NPCs

were talking about the legend of the Avatar (you) and claiming you couldn't be him.

Then you spent time searching the world for your old party members.

The story lines were cool, the graphics were awesome (for the time), and when

Ultima VII came out the bad guy actually had a voice and taunted you through-out

the game. "Poor Avatar. Poor, poor Avatar."

I was hooked. And still prefer RPGs to this day.

I played loads of games on the Commodore, Nes and Master System but no game did it for me unti Street Fighter 2 Turbo and Super Mario World on the SNES. Those are the first games I remember doing all nighters on and I still play them today. :blush:

Has to be be Pitfall on the Atari 2600

A2600_Pitfall.png

Literally it was the first game that I played that actually seemed like a "modern" Game, meaning with a story, levels, etc. and it made me realize, even way back then, the potential of games.

I never got my damn patch from Activision for taking a picture of the end screen and sending it in to them. That was devastating for a 7 and a half year old as that was truly one of my first major accomplishments so to speak. laugh.gif

[AMSTRAD CPC464]

* Up Periscope

* Roland On The Ropes

* Arkanoid

[sINCLAIR ZX SPECTRUM]

* Daley Thompsons Decathalon

* Ghostbusters

[sEGA MASTER SYSTEM]

* Sonic The Hedgehog

* Fantassy Zone

* Chase HQ

[sNES]

* Super Mario Bros 3 (All Stars)

* Street Fighter 2

Star Ocean 4, Metal Gear Solid 4, and Left4Dead (PC) .. before them and their respective systems I only played a little with my SNES/NES, and once in a while a PC game like Homeworld, or the best game of all time, MechWarrior II + GBL Expansion :)

Super Marrrioooo! And Tetris, on the GameBoy. Before that I did play a handful of games on the Commodore 64 - Lemmings being most memorable.

On the Playstation we can blame good old Rayman and Crash Bandicoot for *really* eating up obssessive amounts of time. And then Sims on the PC <3

So yeah, I play games, more than I probably ought to, but I'm certainly not 'hardcore', especially when it comes to shooting fugly monsters :p

On my CPC 464 with the games bundle that came with it. Seem to remember there were some rubbish ones but the ones I remember playing most are.

Oh Mummy

Roland on the Ropes

Roland in the Caves

Harrier Attack

Millenium 2.2, Deuteros and Captive on the Atari ST

Happy days!

@Monkey13 - LOL! I remember getting my 464 on Christmas Day and being stupidly addicted to Harrier Attack and Roland on the Ropes too!! Damn!!

Install OS/2. It was a great operating system, but it was a b*t*h to install on some hardware. It almost felt like it was playing mind games with you. Wait... you are literally talking about games. (A long, deep introspective pause follows for dramatic effect). Super Mario 1 and 2 (not the American release of 2).

Anything on the Commodore 64 in the early 80s, but the one game I spent trying to beat was the original Alien. Never did beat it. :pinch: