What game do you credit for turning you into a "Gamer"?

It all started with games like Chuckie Egg and Joust, and then my gamingness was finalised with games like Super Mario Bros. and Marble Madness. :p

Super Mario Bros 3. My parents bought my brother and I a NES in 1990 or 91 that came with two controllers and SMB3 and hooked us both. Good times. A couple years later we saved up our money for a couple months to buy a Sega Genesis, even better times.

Nes - Forgot what was 1st (Mario, Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Final Fantasy)

Nes -> Snes/Genesis -> PS1 -> DreamCast -> PS2 -> PS3/Wii/Xbox360

Systems I really didn't get in to (until after they were dead / "last" gen) but still bought:

Saturn, Xbox

System I didn't own

Sega Master System, N64, GameCube

Orginal TF and then Half Life and its mods really pushed me over the edge :)

Don't get me wrong though, I've been playing Games since the good old NES (mario 3) days but those above really pushed me into the non casual area :)

PC Gamer: Quake Shareware did me in, the check I wrote for the full version was the 2nd check I ever wrote and is still floating around my house somewhere.

Console Gamer: Super Mario Brothers

hehe... lots of old games here.

I had Pong on our black&white television. I had the Atari systems and spent countless hours at the arcade.

I also remember playing ALL of the Infocom games and Quest series games.

But like I said, I didn't consider myself a "Gamer" until Ultima IV. It actually kept me from going outside to

play like... sports and stuff.

I been gaming since the commodore 64 and nes.

First game that really got me into online multi-player is Deus Ex believe it or not. I still play that online time to time.

I'm not really a gamer, but Mario for sure on the console, UT and Q3A on the PC.

Never played a game as much as Counter Strike though.

Now I play the occasional NHL 10 game and that's about it.

Oh, and I forgot! Wolf 3D and Duke Nukem!

I'd say Golden Eye on the N64 made me a 'Gamer'

Me and my friends would play it constantly and then later when Perfect Dark came out we hammered that too. The laptop gun was and is still my favorite game weapon I think the Mini-Sentry in TF2 is the only thing to really come close to that same feeling I had when throwing the Laptop Gun down and running to safety during a Capture the Flag match.

I'm sure everyone here is aware of Half Life 2. In 2003-2004 I decided that as Half Life 2 was going to be coming out I would build a PC for it. This would be my first game targetting PC that I would build. I set aside ?1000 for the entire system including display. I think I end up spending ?1066 and I got a Athlon 64 3200+ 512MB of memory a 6800GT a 200GB hard disk and a 17" LCD. And all the other parts of course, case psu motherboard etc.

And you know what? HL2 played great and I was really happy with the result. I continued building since that game. I'd say Half Life 2 is what sparked me to become a computer enthusiast I've continued to build more and more elaborate systems every year since then. Good times (Y)

I started playing games on the NES, with Super Mario Bros 1, 2 and 3, but I didn't really get into games until I first played Final Fantasy III on the SNES. As for computer games, the first game I ever played on the computer was SimCity 2000 Special Edition. I loved that game and still do, after that I moved on to Duke Nukem 3D and I haven't looked back since.