Kodak m575 sounds strange

Hello there fellows,

had an old cannon camera (like 6 years old) and soon my first baby will be born so we bought this camera to take pictures of him :)

In any case when I'm about to take a picture camera sounds strangely, there is a lot of clicking and mechanical noise inside it and it is pretty loud. Nothing is loose but it sounds like it is always trying to move objective or something. I can tell you one thing it is really bothering me as it sounds something is broken inside.

Is that normal or?

P.S. Bought it through online shop so if I send it back (I doubt I can as I opened it) it will take a few days and my wife was due to give birth this monday so it can be any day now.

Thank you for your time!

It moves the objective slightly to focus, it's hard to determine what you mean by pretty loud but there should be a very slight noise when focusing. Does it actually take good photos and focus correctly?

It moves the objective slightly to focus, it's hard to determine what you mean by pretty loud but there should be a very slight noise when focusing. Does it actually take good photos and focus correctly?

Yeah it does, but damn sound is far from slight noise. And it is constant noise :/ Really bothering me :(