Free trial going on from September 27th until October 3rd. It's the longest trial period they've done yet. This trial kind of snuck in under the radar. I remember reading about it last week but I thought it was a bit further down the road.

Get your friends who still haven't tried the game to sign up here!

https://register.guildwars2.com/trial

And if you were in the last one and still have your login info, you can jump right in after you update (which is exactly what I did).  However, I will likely have to create a new character, as I apparently goofed up with this one as II've hit a major wall in my current quest with this character (human elementalist); I had better luck as a Norn.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've decided to download and start playing again, haven't played since launch pretty much.  I got bored really quick before.. have they added any content/reason to push to the end?

I've decided to download and start playing again, haven't played since launch pretty much.  I got bored really quick before.. have they added any content/reason to push to the end?

That's hard to say. It depends on what you like doing, really.

Dungeons are more or less the same as they have been since launch with somewhat better rewards. Champions and world bosses are worth doing now for the most part, and then there are fractals...

But most updates revovle around living story which is either excellent or bad depending on who you ask. If you let it that'll give you reason to play every few weeks.

That's hard to say. It depends on what you like doing, really.

Dungeons are more or less the same as they have been since launch with somewhat better rewards. Champions and world bosses are worth doing now for the most part, and then there are fractals...

But most updates revolve around living story which is either excellent or bad depending on who you ask. If you let it that'll give you reason to play every few weeks.

I'd be one who leans on the side of calling it bad. The 'living story' hasn't been a whole lot more than just temporary bi-weekly grinds for a lackluster reward(ex. grind these 15 achievements for yet another back skin).

• 2 weeks later...

So...anet putting reskinned cultural armor on the gem store. If/when they ever do the same with charr armor I'll probably quit playing the game. I don't like having my fairly substantial effort to get that armor set done thrown away for $10.

Completely disappointing.

So...anet putting reskinned cultural armor on the gem store. If/when they ever do the same with charr armor I'll probably quit playing the game. I don't like having my fairly substantial effort to get that armor set done thrown away for $10.

It really boggles my mind how far ArenaNet has regressed in terms of the quality of releases.

They're progressively crapping up the lore with more Scarlet-did-it rubbish, the gameplay with more and more grind, and the engine still performs like Crysis on a 486.

I did have hope that despite it's flaws on launch, GW2 would eventually come to surpass GW1. But it seems like the opposite will be the case for this game/franchise, shame.

It really boggles my mind how far ArenaNet has regressed in terms of the quality of releases.

They're progressively crapping up the lore with more Scarlet-did-it rubbish, the gameplay with more and more grind, and the engine still performs like Crysis on a 486.

I did have hope that despite it's flaws on launch, GW2 would eventually come to surpass GW1. But it seems like the opposite will be the case for this game/franchise, shame.

Yeah it seems like everything they learned that worked good in GW1 they decided to just throw out the window.

I don't mind ascended stuff and the high level cap but as far as the microtransactions go. More and more they are nothing but pure greed money grabs and it seems like everything they do is designed to sucker people into spending money instead of trying to make the game fun.

I can't wait until we can buy legendary weapon skins on the gem store. That'll be the day that GW2 dies, but at the rate Anet is going that will he happening pretty soon.

I think the term 'reskin' is too nice of a term. That would imply that they actually put effort into changing the skin. However they didn't do that, they just copied, pasted, and added glow.

After I got to 80 I have been spending my time to getting my crafting skills up so i can start making uber weapons.

After I got to 80 I have been spending my time to getting my crafting skills up so i can start making uber weapons.

If you are making ascended weapons I can give you a help with that. If you send me the materials I can make the daily items for you when I'm not using the cool down.

ign fellyn.5083

i am way far away from that level yet. I am still around 170 for hunt and 180 for leatherworking :( havent had much time to dedicate to it yet.

i am way far away from that level yet. I am still around 170 for hunt and 180 for leatherworking :( havent had much time to dedicate to it yet.

Okay, well if and when you ever get to that point let me know.

Thousands upon thousands of complaints and a day later and Anet is backtracking on the reskin thing...

Hey, everyone. We?ve been reading all your feedback about the Flamekissed Armor Skin that was released into the Gem Store yesterday.

Although the Flamekissed Armor uses the same mesh as the Tier 3 Human Cultural Armor, it was not our intention to create an armor skin that so closely matched the existing Tier 3 Human Cultural armor set. The intention was to use the mesh as a basis for creating an armor set that stands apart and is distinct in appearance. However, after reading your feedback, we agree that the Flamekissed armor is not visually distinct enough from Human Cultural Tier 3 armor.

We will do a few things to address this issue.

• We will temporarily remove Flamekissed Armor Skin from the Gem Store.
  • Players who have purchased Flamekissed Armor Skin will keep the skin.
  • We will make new art for the Flamekissed Armor Skin that achieves our goal of making a visually distinct and attractive armor set and does not closely resemble the Human Tier 3 Cultural armor.
  • Once this new artwork is completed, we will then update the Flamekissed Armor Skin so that all existing sets that players have purchased get the new art. We will also offer the Flamekissed Armor Skin for sale again at that time.
  • When we update the Flamekissed Armor Skins with the new artwork, any player that hasalready purchased the set and who does not like the new, updated look, can get a full refund by contacting Customer Support.

Note that there is no ETA on when this change will happen. We need to work with the Character Art Team to determine when we can have a new armor skin ready, and this could take some time.

Thank you everyone for providing your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to let us know how you feel about the new armor set.

They honestly expect us to not see that bull**** for what it is? There is no way anyone would ever not notice the blant rip off.

Also, they are finally making wxp account bound. Like it should have been from the first moment it was introduced. A brain dead monkey could have told them that.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/world-xp-and-you/

Thousands upon thousands of complaints and a day later and Anet is backtracking on the reskin thing...

They honestly expect us to not see that bull**** for what it is? There is no way anyone would ever not notice the blant rip off.

Also, they are finally making wxp account bound. Like it should have been from the first moment it was introduced. A brain dead monkey could have told them that.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/world-xp-and-you/

So they're only doing something about the light skin and completely ignoring the half-assed copy and paste jobs on the other armor tiers? Why am i kind of not surprised..?

But atleast they're finally fixing world xp.

So they're only doing something about the light skin and completely ignoring the half-assed copy and paste jobs on the other armor tiers? Why am i kind of not surprised..?

But atleast they're finally fixing world xp.

More or less.. the company that Anet was when they were making GW1 has pretty much ceased to exist. 

I would say I'm only playing GW2 until a better game comes along but there's nothing else out there that looks appealing. Wildstar looks like a WoW clone right from the start, ESO looks boring as hell, and Everquest Next might be okay, but that game probably won't be out for 2 or more years.

And another mark against Wildstar and it's devs is that they are backed by NCsoft just like Anet. The worst part is that all the money from gem purchases don't even go to Anet. It goes to ncsoft, who then gives them an allowance based on how well they do.

I'm getting tired of them stuffing so much stuff into the gem store while largely ignoring the rest of the game except for terrible living story.

And there you go..have a nice little mini rant.

Prepare yourselves, armor crafting grind is coming.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/december-10-2013/

I'm already prepared for the most part. I've been gathering gold, silver, and platinum for the last 2 months. And I have a lot of orichalcum stored up. 

I don't expect I'll  have to buy any materials to create my first set just like with ascended weapons.

FWIW - gold, silver, and platinum are the materials that will be used to make heavy armor. While cotton, linen, and silk will be used for light armor, and cured corse, cured rugged, and cured thick leather squares will be used to make medium. Unlesss of course they've changed the materials used in the last few months.

Even if you are not interested in crafting ascended armor it would be wise to stock up on these materials because their prices are going to skyrocket soon, if they haven't already.

So i've heard the WvW season 1 rewards were pretty terrible. And now i don't feel bad for not bothering to grind the achievements.

So i've heard the WvW season 1 rewards were pretty terrible. And now i don't feel bad for not bothering to grind the achievements.

Pretty much...this is what a friend of mine told me they got and this is on Jade Quarry, the second place server in gold. And the title, too, of course..

i got 3 yellows and a few greens 9 level books and like 5 skill scrolls. a mini dolyak and a purple luck item.

Ya know, i would've given them a pass on last years wintersday decorations running like crap since the game just launched a couple months earlier and they had many bugs to fix. But to be a year later, and have a decorated LA still run like ass is ridiculous. How could they not have improved this?