Patch notes for last night:

https://forum-en.gui...ember-18th-2012

It's interesting that they are making it even harder to get money from dungeons. That is not going to go over well with a lot of people considering the current idea is that most dungeons are massive gold sinks that aren't worth the gold investment to begin with.

Forums are reporting that you get 10k exp and 2s as a reward now. That pretty much makes dungeons completely useless to run. I'm glad I got 30g+ from running CoF the last week before this.

Edit: That might just be for CM and CoF. This is going to enrage people. Massive backlash incoming..

Edit2: Massive bitching on officiall forums already started. Waiting to see how Anet responds.

I knew CoF was gonna be hit. Anet always has been highly against any kind of farming.

I knew it was going to happen to. But the way they did it? Wow. Just insane. And at the same time as nerfing rewards you get for actually completing it. There were so many ways they could have increased the difficulty (I felt it was just fine as was, pretty difficult already) of that particular path and kept the fun factor in tact but they chose the one spot where it was already completely overtuned in the most stupid way. The one spot in the path where you were almost always guaranteed a death. And they made it harder.

"Discovery crafting may now use items directly from a player?s bank."

Kudos to the devs for this! Allowing crafting from the bank was great, this is pure gravy awesomeness. Makes life a bit easier.

"Discovery crafting may now use items directly from a player?s bank."

Kudos to the devs for this! Allowing crafting from the bank was great, this is pure gravy awesomeness. Makes life a bit easier.

They mentioned back when they opened up crafting from the bank that the ultimate fix was to allow discovery from the bank as well, but didn't want to force people to wait for that fix to allow people to craft known recipes from the bank.

That being said, still a welcome change.....now if only I could settle on a class/trait setup. Warrior has nice survivability and damage but I hate the playstyle. Using GS all you do is spam 100b (for the most part) as axe or mace or sword MH your primary damage is just auto-attacking with your other skills being situational/utility. Thief feels really squishy, but I've also read that once you get lvl 80 and geared and use it right, it doesn't feel as squishy cause you don't get hit as often. But my fear is the times you do get hit (or affected by ground-based AoE), your health disappears very quickly.

They mentioned back when they opened up crafting from the bank that the ultimate fix was to allow discovery from the bank as well, but didn't want to force people to wait for that fix to allow people to craft known recipes from the bank.

That being said, still a welcome change.....now if only I could settle on a class/trait setup. Warrior has nice survivability and damage but I hate the playstyle. Using GS all you do is spam 100b (for the most part) as axe or mace or sword MH your primary damage is just auto-attacking with your other skills being situational/utility. Thief feels really squishy, but I've also read that once you get lvl 80 and geared and use it right, it doesn't feel as squishy cause you don't get hit as often. But my fear is the times you do get hit (or affected by ground-based AoE), your health disappears very quickly.

Try sword main hand with axe off hand as a set up. It has decent mobility and pretty decent damage. It's my alternative set up to great sword and it works pretty good for me. It has a slow, it has a good chaser, and it has a good damage skill with axe in your off hand and frenzy. Another good set up is mace main hand sword off hand. You'll have 2 parries and an interrupt.

Hit 30 last night. Got my Elite skills, had actually saved up 10 points (didn't see any skills worth buying) and got a skill right away. Running a Sword/Pistol Main and Dagger/Dagger Secondary weapon set and I have very few problems with mobs. Doing my best to farm mats for crafting, though I find that things I need to level up would take hours to mob-grind to farm, but.. I am leveling fast enough without crafting that I can just use what I get.

Almost done the second Human Zone, will go back and finish the Asura starting, and maybe look at doing the Asura second area. I figure I can do basically two zones in parallel to try and get as much of the world completion as I can, plus provides lots of mats for the crafting as I level up.

For those of you interested, but haven't been able to play due to platform (unlikely to be anyone posting in here other than me haha) GW2 for Mac Beta has begun, all current players can go ahead and download a mac client if they wish to try there too.

Source (also in BPN)

I knew it was going to happen to. But the way they did it? Wow. Just insane. And at the same time as nerfing rewards you get for actually completing it. There were so many ways they could have increased the difficulty (I felt it was just fine as was, pretty difficult already) of that particular path and kept the fun factor in tact but they chose the one spot where it was already completely overtuned in the most stupid way. The one spot in the path where you were almost always guaranteed a death. And they made it harder.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/dungeons/Dungeon-Updates/first#post153050

At this time, dungeons should one of the most efficient ways to level and get gold, and it is not our intention to make them feel like a grind.

/whem we safe!

just made 4 items in the mysitc forge from farming with magic find gear, 2 days, made a pistol (4x rares), warhorn (4x rares), dagger (4x rares), and another dagger (4x exotics), so all of them on the trading post for 10g. On top of alllll the other mats I got from breaking down greens and blues, i probably made a decent amount of gold. Also net 20k karma

Try sword main hand with axe off hand as a set up. It has decent mobility and pretty decent damage. It's my alternative set up to great sword and it works pretty good for me. It has a slow, it has a good chaser, and it has a good damage skill with axe in your off hand and frenzy. Another good set up is mace main hand sword off hand. You'll have 2 parries and an interrupt.

My problem with sword is they are bleed focused.....at level 80 and in dungeons, too many times there are already 25 bleeds on the big targets, I don't want to feel useless in groups because I went with sword mainhand. Plus I want to be a bit tanky and there is no good gear with precision/condition damage/toughness or vit.....so I'm limited to defensive stats via traits.

That's the worst thing about GW2 IMHO, how all your primary attack skills are chosen for you based on the weapons you are using, you are forced to use a preset playstyle based on the weapon.....which isn't really bad in a sense that it makes balancing easier for Anet, but it makes finding armor that fits your weapons very difficult.

I can always mix and match though....take precision/condition damage/power and power/precision/toughness.....it wouldn't give me as high bleed damage as someone who stacked condition damage, or as much toughness as I have currently (knights armor), but it would give me similar power and precision as the two with more toughness than a pure condition stacked warrior.

Adding up the numbers I can mix Rampager's armor with either Knights, or Carrion.

With full knights (current armor) I have 184 Power, 184 Precision, 255 Toughness.

Rampager's/Knights would give me - 184 Power, 216 Precision, 86 Condition Damage and 137 Toughness (power stays the same, precision increases, condition damage increases, toughness drops in half).

Rampager's/Carrion would give me - 184 Power, 216 Precision, 223 Condition Damage and 98 Vitality (power stays the same, precision drops, condition damage increases, vitality increases, toughness drops).

I'm thinking rampager's/knights because I still get some defense, and everything but toughness increases (or at least, doesn't decrease). I'll get more crit which = more bleeds, and condition damage, but it's a matter of losing some toughness, or losing all toughness and gaining a bit of health for more condition damage.

From calculations I saw the other day.....you get 5% of your condition damage added to your bleeds. In my case, that means with rampagers/carrion's, my bleeds will tick for 11.15 more damage, with rampagers/knights, they tick for 4.3 more damage. Obviously a large difference, but I think absorbing more damage will be more useful.

im pretty much done with dungeons and soon the game ( just like GW1 )

im not going to waste time in a dungeon and come out with LESS then what i went in with, let alone have to do the same crap hundreds of times just to get an item set. i wasnt high enough level to do CoF that i hear everybody made a killing off of money wise. have less then 2G atm.

ill eventually get bored of the Far From Dynamic Events that repeat the same way every 30 min or less.

Sadly SWTOR is looking better and better to go back to

Yeah... I quit a few weeks ago. Regretful purchase. I liked Aion a lot more. Too bad all of the players left. Guess I'll find something else.

AION is F2P now from what i heard, as well as i know Lineage2 is. and last i was in Lineage 2 there was a Crap load of people in Giran, but thats normal with all the Player Shops that were set up AROUND THE BLOODY TELEPORTER

I find myself playing less and less too. Don't know what it is. Some parts of the game are really, really great. But some are just really, really bad. Not sure if the bad outweighs the good, but the portion of the game I like doing, making money, is not there. In WoW, I was one of those people who always had 100k+ gold in BC (at one point 200k in WotLK) because I loved the economy portion of the game.

I think I have finally figured out why all these other MMO's have failed for me. Economy. Every MMO after EQ and WoW (Not counting SW:G) have had bad economies, and poor trading/auctions houses. (I miss my bazaar!). I love finding a couple of niche markets, 5 or 6, capitalizing on them, and making sure to buy low/sell high and monopolize certain items keeping them off the auction house. That was fun for me. But all these other MMOs just don't have that portion of the game intact. This one being the worse by far, due to a global trading post. I would much prefer a server based system as it is easier to maintain, and helps to keep the profits for everyone at a decent margin, not just economist like me. As it is now, everything sells at vendor price. I don't mind everything else being global, but the trading post should not be.

Ah well, there is no subscription fee, so I can play whenever I get bored, so essentially I don't have to "quit." I can just not play, and whenever I get the MMO itch, just load it up.

Yeah... I quit a few weeks ago. Regretful purchase. I liked Aion a lot more. Too bad all of the players left. Guess I'll find something else.

The game has only been out a few weeks..so you essentially gave up on it before really playing it?

AION is F2P now from what i heard, as well as i know Lineage2 is. and last i was in Lineage 2 there was a Crap load of people in Giran, but thats normal with all the Player Shops that were set up AROUND THE BLOODY TELEPORTER

And you guys complain about the grind in GW2 when the grind in Aion for just one piece of gear, not an entire set, dwarfs anything in GW2. The one exception might be legendary weapons. And then the pvp in Aion is the most unbalanced game I've ever seen.

The game has only been out a few weeks..so you essentially gave up on it before really playing it?

And you guys complain about the grind in GW2 when the grind in Aion for just one piece of gear, not an entire set, dwarfs anything in GW2. The one exception might be legendary weapons. And then the pvp in Aion is the most unbalanced game I've ever seen.

I started playing GW2 on the 25th and probably stopped around september 7-10. It was enough time for me to decide that I didn't really like it. Aion is a grind fest, and really repetitive... But to me, it was also fun because of the players and pvp. I loved rifting into enemy worlds and just wiping out other players. Had lots of fun playing with real life friends, wasting whole summers. Haha. I just didn't enjoy or connect with GW2. Not my favorite style, I guess.

not complaining about the grind, i have got no problem with Grind. i have a problem of game saying there is no grind when their very very much is. my complaint is as of now Dungeons are pretty much pointless for Gear, XP, Coin, Anything.

Gear Drops are almost nothing, people are getting WHITE level gear out of boss Chest drops, 2s from Completion when it takes at LEAST that much to repair 1 piece of armor in the instance, and Trash in some cases that are more difficult then the boss's, and an increase of trash groups, not where they are sprinkled so much as the number of them in a group

I find myself playing less and less too. Don't know what it is. Some parts of the game are really, really great. But some are just really, really bad. Not sure if the bad outweighs the good, but the portion of the game I like doing, making money, is not there. In WoW, I was one of those people who always had 100k+ gold in BC (at one point 200k in WotLK) because I loved the economy portion of the game.

I think I have finally figured out why all these other MMO's have failed for me. Economy. Every MMO after EQ and WoW (Not counting SW:G) have had bad economies, and poor trading/auctions houses. (I miss my bazaar!). I love finding a couple of niche markets, 5 or 6, capitalizing on them, and making sure to buy low/sell high and monopolize certain items keeping them off the auction house. That was fun for me. But all these other MMOs just don't have that portion of the game intact. This one being the worse by far, due to a global trading post. I would much prefer a server based system as it is easier to maintain, and helps to keep the profits for everyone at a decent margin, not just economist like me. As it is now, everything sells at vendor price. I don't mind everything else being global, but the trading post should not be.

Ah well, there is no subscription fee, so I can play whenever I get bored, so essentially I don't have to "quit." I can just not play, and whenever I get the MMO itch, just load it up.

im suprised you not in Eve Online. if you want an economy in a game, THAT is the game

not complaining about the grind, i have got no problem with Grind. i have a problem of game saying there is no grind when their very very much is. my complaint is as of now Dungeons are pretty much pointless for Gear, XP, Coin, Anything.

Gear Drops are almost nothing, people are getting WHITE level gear out of boss Chest drops, 2s from Completion when it takes at LEAST that much to repair 1 piece of armor in the instance, and Trash in some cases that are more difficult then the boss's, and an increase of trash groups, not where they are sprinkled so much as the number of them in a group

A lot of people misinterpreted what they meant when they said there would be no grind. I'm not sure whose fault that is but the fact of the matter is the dungeon armor sets are there purely for the aesthetic looks. If you are desperate for good or max level gear you are looking in the wrong place.

That being said I do agree that removing the rewards from dungeons was stupid. The general consensus from most of the population was that dungeons already weren't rewarding enough. The patch last night just takes the cake and throws it on the floor. I have my full CoF set but I like the change just as much as most other people do. Which is to say not at all.

I felt the CoF path #2 actually gave the appropriate reward for time invested and difficulty. The problem with dungeons is that the other paths were just not worth the time investment and money investment for rewards given. Anet is very much failing to see that right now. I may be a huge fan boy of GW2 but even I can step back and see some big giant huge flaws in the game that need to be addressed sooner than later.

The game is still young though, just entering it's 3rd week. In 3 or 6 months the game will be balanced completely different and be more finely tuned. It's just growing pains that Anet can fix if they act quickly.

I felt the CoF path #2 actually gave the appropriate reward for time invested and difficulty. The problem with dungeons is that the other paths were just not worth the time investment and money investment for rewards given.

agreed, i was one of the people farming CM.

AC and even the Plant dungeon ( TA i think it was ) was just not worth it, and i actually despised TA before even completing it once. i really wanted the Flame gear for my Ranger, but after experiencing AC Explore and not able to complete that because of Bugged events, i realized that im just not going to be able to get the gear, which started my road to hating GW2 due to craptastic costs of the gear itself

The beauty of GW2 is you grow tired of it, walk away, then come back and realize you like it again... All the while you never actually 'quit' it because it doesn't have a sub. I think of it more like a game I can fire up and play whenever I want. I think too many people just treat it like THE game they must play.

Personally I'm gonna take a break and play TL2 for a while and then come back to GW2. No harm since it's always there waiting for me.