I dunno. I'd rather just get more content than worry about builds. I have a hard enough time choosing as it is...

I can understand that, people like the same games for different reasons, I just feel that my main reason for the longevity of GW1 (4 years or so) is completely gone in GW2. Then got bored enough to actually look at the numbers of skills and combinations and felt I would post it here so people get a better look at where I'm coming from comparing build diversity between GW 1 and 2.

I love everything about GW2 except for its skill system, and unfortunately for me that was the largest joy I had in GW1.

The halloween update is coming up soon:

https://www.guildwar.../halloween-2012

It all sounds awesome. Not to mention actual new content from the sounds of it. And the GW1 Halloween events were usually epically fun.

I can understand that, people like the same games for different reasons, I just feel that my main reason for the longevity of GW1 (4 years or so) is completely gone in GW2. Then got bored enough to actually look at the numbers of skills and combinations and felt I would post it here so people get a better look at where I'm coming from comparing build diversity between GW 1 and 2.

I love everything about GW2 except for its skill system, and unfortunately for me that was the largest joy I had in GW1.

I think a lot of people are to used to thinking of traditional mmos where the combat could not be considered active. If you think of the combat in GW2 more like the combat in an action game it's easier to justify the comparatively smaller skill set. And that's where I think a lot of people have trouble with it.

So am i the only one who thinks this 'speed debuff if you get into combat' idea is stupid and that the person on anets team who came up with the idea needs repeatedly stabbed? Cause all it does is waste your time when trying to finish up a map due to trying to force you to fight every god damn thing on the map.

I agree it is irritating. Especially when fall damage puts you "in combat" and makes you move slower. It's especially irritating in jump puzzles where you have to jump down long distances.

Hi guys,

I'm really tempted to get this game, but can't decide between the digital deluxe version or the standard version. Is the special version worth the extra money? Or should I just go with standard!

I've played the original and WoW so I'm really excited to try this out!

:D

The only thing you get in game is a miniature pet that doesn't do anything but follow you around and a terrible elite skill that you'll replace as soon as you hit 30.

If those 2 things sound appealing to you then go for the deluxe version.

The only thing you get in game is a miniature pet that doesn't do anything but follow you around and a terrible elite skill that you'll replace as soon as you hit 30.

Guess that's answered my question then, thanks! :D

That useless elite skill has saved my hide on a few occasions ...

So i've spent a whole bunch of time slogging through the utter crap that is the orr maps(while working on map completion the past couple days) and i can't complete malchor's leap cause the skill point npc under the lyssa place is bugged and doesn't die and give you the skill point. I am not pleased with this.

Your best bet is to get in there as soon as the server's are reset to get it done then. Usually when a skill point gets stuck and servers are reset a bunch of people all come to get it done and it gets stuck again with 10-15 minutes of the reset.

Apparently the update is quite large, anywhere from 1gb to 6gb. They are, after all having to add entire new areas to retrofit the new jumping puzzles and mini dungeons into the game along with all the assets for Halloween.

I figured it wouldn't be that big as people on the official forums were speculating. We had the conversation on neowin a week or two ago about how the launcher shows % based on number of files done and not amount downloaded.

One would think that with as long as the game has been in peoples hands(6 months since bwe1), people would have learned by now that it's based on files and not total size.

spider.jpg

Just one of the FOUR gifts required to craft the non BLC items for this event. That lasts little more than a week. The items will cost around 125g to craft, if not more.

What. On. Earth. Is. Anet. Thinking. It's like they are intentionally trying to shoot themselves in the foot. And then there is the incredibly low chance that rivals the odds of getting a precursor the BLC (that people are spending real money on). It seems to me like the people at Anet have lost the plot. People are already voicing their opinions loudly and clearly on low chances for precursor weapons and RNG in this game..it's going to push a lot of people over the edge.

wont get to play the update till i get home tonight, i waited last night to play it however, eventually i just went to bed.

Just one of the FOUR gifts required to craft the non BLC items for this event. That lasts little more than a week. The items will cost around 125g to craft, if not more.

What. On. Earth. Is. Anet. Thinking. It's like they are intentionally trying to shoot themselves in the foot. And then there is the incredibly low chance that rivals the odds of getting a precursor the BLC (that people are spending real money on). It seems to me like the people at Anet have lost the plot. People are already voicing their opinions loudly and clearly on low chances for precursor weapons and RNG in this game..it's going to push a lot of people over the edge.

Just let out a long sigh...

Yeah, I think I'm done. I've kept it on my computer this long and playing occasionally hoping for some change. I now have no qualm against completely removing from my PC. Even if it is free, I don't think I will be having the urge to play anymore.

So sad, after such a long wait and anticipation. Damn you, ArenaNet. Well, I won't say I didn't get my moneys worth. I did get many hours of entertainment, sadly, no staying power though. :(. Well, another year of waiting for another MMO (Elder Scrolls Online) that will probably suck/get ruined by devs/giant pandas will crush/tarnish my dreams again for a lasting MMO.