Anyone playing on the maguuma server? If so tell your server mates to not be total and complete cowards by logging off when you lose a fair fight. That **** ****es me off after all the **** talking the people on that server have done in the last week since the new matches started.

3 different people in a row logged off after I beat them in fair 1v1 fights. At least they would have been killed had they not logged out. The worst part is that 2 were guardians and 1 was a thief. The 2 most OP pvp classes in the game and all 3 were sporting the [GOON] tag. Pathetic cowards.

Rage quit ensued.

/rant

What server are you on? Join Darkhaven, we're going up the ranks in wv3. We have a pretty strong presence during the night but we need more for mornings, mid after noon and prime-time. :)

So awhile back(first launched) I joined Trag3dy guild when I was on Crystal Desert, and used my Tome of Influence. Not realizing influence is per server and not for the whole guild. So after moving over to Darkhaven, I submitted a ticket in order to get that back so I could use it on Darkhaven (we were getting the backpacks and something else I think). They said they would get back to me. Well, they got back to me, told me they can't refund the influence, but did give me 400 gems as compensation for the long wait time it took to get a reply. (9/06 to 10/25).

That's pretty cool. What's that valued in-game?

Uh. 200 gems is about 1g35s now. Somewhere around there. Or maybe it's 230 gems for 1g? I'll look later in a bit. Gem prices have skyrocketed in the last few days. Love it or hate it Anets strategy for making themselves money on this halloween event is working.

Third post in a row! A new goody has been found that was added in the recent halloween update. Anet added a new Fov option! In the properties for your gw2 shortcut put -testVerticalFov at the end of the target box and enjoy seeing more than you did before!

They really should fix the second book you get for doing those 'run around and talk to the ghosts' things. It having the stat layout of an 80 backpiece yet only accepting the lvl 0 trash for upgrade items is retarded.

Third post in a row! A new goody has been found that was added in the recent halloween update. Anet added a new Fov option! In the properties for your gw2 shortcut put -testVerticalFov at the end of the target box and enjoy seeing more than you did before!

Any suggestions on using that command for various resolutions and such?

Not really. Mostly it's for people with wide screen monitors.

I didn't read the official forum post about it until after my message, shame on me on that one. :blush: Didn't require any extra command line arguments, runs great, I can see more on screen @ 1680x1050 than before. Did not notice any performance hit.

Finally bothered to update my equipment.. Unfortunately there really doesn't seem to be any good looking Warhorn skins which is my go to weapon. Dual axes for farming runs at least look pretty sweet. Hopefully they'll add a decent looking Warhorn legendary at some point.

Also Clocktower... RAGE. Wasn't really that hard when I finally got some clean air and actually saw where my character was, rage against Norns and Charr in map chat was fairly amusing too.

post-2190-0-52799600-1351659157.jpg

I this bought Guild Wars 2, and having trouble accessing my account don't know if is the google authenticator I am using the GA on the iPod Touch 16GB 4th generation... it might not work with the iPod Touches the GA anyone have any ideas I also submit a ticket for them to reset my account password they did and I still can't login to my account it said invalid information. any idea's?

Anet is making a 3 day refer-a-friend trial, coincidentally timed with one of the first big content patches of the game:

We want you to experience Guild Wars 2 and Lost Shores with your friends, so on Monday November 12, we will turn on Refer a Friend Free Trial. You will be able to invite up to 3 Friends to play Guild Wars 2 with you for free from November 15-18.

To do so, you need a Guild Wars 2 account in good standing that was created before 23:59 PST (7:59 GMT) on November 6.

We will give you more details once the program goes live, but start thinking about who you want to invite!

So time to get your friends into the game that still haven't tried it.

Looks like the free trials are go.

If anyone wants one. Just drop me your email (i need that for the invitation) in pm and i'll send one over.

The trial only works from

15th November 9:00 AM PST to 18th November 10:00 PM PST

https://www.guildwar...-ascended-gear/

Sounds good to me. People are already screaming "gear treadmill I quit!" but I think they are over reacting more than a little bit. More importantly a reliable and more fun way to get precursor weapons! I'm glad I haven't broke the bank to buy one yet.

I can understand why people are complaining about this. This more than likely will result in them eventually going to turn the game into WoW where you need to grind the gear treadmill to continue to do stuff in pve, as well as be able to (adequately) compete in WvW. And sooner or later, when this spreads to all item slots, people will want you to have this new tier of gear to accept you into a group to do ANY AND ALL content, not just the new stuff. If you ever played wow, you will know exactly what i'm talking about with people eventually requiring you to have higher gear than what's actually necessary to get invited to a group.

I can understand why people are complaining about this. This more than likely will result in them eventually going to turn the game into WoW where you need to grind the gear treadmill to continue to do stuff in pve, as well as be able to (adequately) compete in WvW. And sooner or later, when this spreads to all item slots, people will want you to have this new tier of gear to accept you into a group to do ANY AND ALL content, not just the new stuff. If you ever played wow, you will know exactly what i'm talking about with people eventually requiring you to have higher gear than what's actually necessary to get invited to a group.

I understand all that. But nowhere did Anet ever say exotics were going to be the final tier of equipment. People just assumed that's how it should be because that's how the game was at launch and during the betas. And it's not like they just got together a week ago and decided they needed to add stronger equipment to the game. They've probably been working on this update for the better part of a year in one form or another.

And also from what I'm reading it will only be worthwhile to wear the new armors inside the new dungeon. Everyone is all doom and gloom and they may be right, I just think it's a little to early to start over reacting when we don't even how exactly it's going to work and ANets future plans beyond this update.

It's not exactly a gear treadmill.

This set is only really for areas where the agony condition is, which is much the same as it was in GW1. Statistically, they have armour upgrades built in, so they're not very flexible.