There's a few references to the original bioshock but nothing major, the game's story stands great on its own.

I would recommend playing the original one for no other reason other than the fact that its awesome :)

I never really got on with the original Bioshock. Loving Infinite though. Nearly finished it, so i might have to jump back into the first Bioshock and see how i get on again.

I would recommend playing the original one for no other reason other than the fact that its awesome :)

Ditto this; don't need to play it to understand Infinite, but it's definitely worth it just the same, a lot of fun, good storyline, creepy, and flying machine guns never get old. The second one was pretty decent too, feels like "more of the same" but in a good way.

Im just at the

third floor of the comstocks zeppelin

Think im almost done.

Amazing game, honestly one of the best games ive played. Possibly ever.

I just love it!

Wow, the last game that was this hyped by reviewers and journalist was Final Fantasy 7. Several reviews I've read or watch actually say this is one of the best games ever or one of the most important. I dont want to have such expectations, but it's hard not to join the hype.

As long as the story is great I will love it.

For the people who haven't player bioshock... I cannot speak to how the storyline ties in but Bioshock 1 tie into infinite but it was a solid game with multiple endings. Bioshock 2 improved on the plasmids/weapons and... you play as a Big Daddy. :) I haven't pulled the trigger on this yet... Or sim city for that matter... hemming and hawing. Both games are linear but with some exploration for resources and tapes of course.

Wow, the last game that was this hyped by reviewers and journalist was Final Fantasy 7. Several reviews I've read or watch actually say this is one of the best games ever or one of the most important. I dont want to have such expectations, but it's hard not to join the hype.

As long as the story is great I will love it.

I know... it's like that movie that is made out to be the movie of the year, then you go and see it and its "meh" because your expectations were set so high. I am worried now. :/

So for those of you who have played this... how would it compare to something like Skyrim or, going back in time, VTMB or any other great game you have played (I mean, overlooking bugs in those games that can drive you crazy)? Game style aside as well... skyrim is wide open I know... but Is it just great because of the graphics? Are the interactions with NPCs great, the story, etc? I know what the reviews say...

I am about 3 hours into this game. I believe the reviews are way over hyped. The artwork and design is beautiful and the attention to detail is great but the gameplay mechanics are mediocre and the skyline is quite primitive in execution imo. There are moments in the game that make me feel a bit of the brilliance they wanted to bring and what people were saying it was going to be. But ultimately its not cracked up to what the reviews say it is.

I may change my mind later but the endless waves of stupid ai are starting to bore me.

For the people who haven't player bioshock... I cannot speak to how the storyline ties in but Bioshock 1 tie into infinite but it was a solid game with multiple endings. Bioshock 2 improved on the plasmids/weapons and... you play as a Big Daddy. :) I haven't pulled the trigger on this yet... Or sim city for that matter... hemming and hawing. Both games are linear but with some exploration for resources and tapes of course.

I know... it's like that movie that is made out to be the movie of the year, then you go and see it and its "meh" because your expectations were set so high. I am worried now. :/

So for those of you who have played this... how would it compare to something like Skyrim or, going back in time, VTMB or any other great game you have played (I mean, overlooking bugs in those games that can drive you crazy)? Game style aside as well... skyrim is wide open I know... but Is it just great because of the graphics? Are the interactions with NPCs great, the story, etc? I know what the reviews say...

Um why are comparing Skyrim and Bioshock?? Cant do that...

Cool thanks all. I pretty much figured out those two tactics with the turrets, was hoping there was something better but I guess not. :laugh:

So me and a friend were texting and emailing last night about checking out Infinite after all this time. He was not as big as a fan of the original Bioshock as I was, so one of the things he said was he forgot about all of the clicking you had to do in the game, and when I asked him what he meant, he talked about how you have to search so many things, and half your time is just spent searching **** and not actually playing. I responded yeah, that is a trait of Bioshock, and that I was cool with it as I like exploring in games.

Well I am not sure if it was the power of suggestion or what have you, but I have to say after playing it for a little bit more tonight, I think I may have to agree, it is kind of annoying, and does seem to be way overboard with this game. I have now been playing the game for about 3-4 hours, and maybe an hour of that time, and I am being generous I believe, has actually been action oriented. I realize that has not necessarily ever been what Bioshock is about, but I don't know, I am finding it to be a tad annoying this time around. I think a whole lot has to do with the fact I do not game anywhere near as much as I did back when the first game was released, so now when I do play, I consider that time to be special (as corny as that sounds as I type it out, it is true). So yeah, almost wish there was a way to play the game were to fully enjoy it one did not have to scour everything. Maybe I can play it without doing that, but then I feel like I will miss out on a whole, whole lot.

So yeah, the game may not be as impressive as I first thought it was. I think I also possibly had unrealistic expectations for the game itself. Especially after all of the perfect reviews I have seen it get, I think I expected a bit more. :/

Don't play 1999 mode then. Fair warning.

Beat the story this morning, headed straight back in for more in 1999 mode. Only three games this gen have made me start right the hell back up to play again after beating the story -- ME2, MGS4, and the first Bioshock.

1999 Mode is not extremely hard once you've played it and know where things are, but there is a challenge (for instance, it costs $100 to come back to life -- don't have $100? Kicked out to main menu).

I'm impressed by what I have played so far. Given the age of the engine the graphics are pretty impressive and the gameplay whilst not revolutionary is still fun... I'm happy if they don't try to fix things that were not broken to begin with. Definite parallels between the vigours and plasmids as well.

Finished the game. I am mightily impressed with it. I think in the past few years the only FPS' i have played through till the end are Borderlands 1, and the Bioshock games. Excellent story and the ending was really well done. Answers enough questions and leaves a few for you to make up your own mind about.

I don't think i'll play it again other than the DLC. I don't see any replayability in it.

Really loved the ending. Will probably play it on 1999 mode and try to do some things differently.

And yes I get that its not really replayable in terms of different things but not all games NEED this to make them good tbh.

I do wish however they would make a open-ish DLC that allows you to go back and explore the world without missions. At least the areas that are not linked directly by events changing your position. Perhaps explore some of the other floating islands that are shown but not able to access too. Would like to know more about songbird too. He's not really talked about why he's her protector or at least maybe I missed something.

I picked it up and played for hours today. For those on the fence:

• The atmosphere is amazing. It's better than the original Bioshock, although I will say it's somewhat similar, and the fact that it's a city in the sky tends to be a non-issue.
  • The soundtrack is fantastic, especially the times when you're like, "oh wait, that's that song... why would they play that song" early on in the game.
  • The gameplay is as fun as you want it to be. Not far in you can throw birds at people, launch them into the air, blast their floating bodies across the room with a shotgun then clean up the survivors with melee and get life back from doing it. You could also just sit back and pick them all of with head shots from a sniper rifle. But, the ability to "add" things on the fly in some of the bigger battles makes it interesting, as does the sky hooks.

The plot seems somewhat obvious, so far, so I'm waiting for the surprising ending.

Kinda ****ed off at the "final battle". It failed as it need a final boss or at LEAST throw everything you have got at me: Handymans, Patriots, Sirens, Crows and Firemans all at the same time. Patriots that dont even look at you when you RPG them isnt much fun....

Also

why dont I face the Songbird at least once? Yeah, at the end he protects us but I wanted to shoot that ****** down myself

Said that, increible game. The ending is just mind ****ing; 9/10

Also, does at the start, throwing whatever you have to throw at the interracial couple do anything? I didnt throw it at them and later on the beach "we want to help you..." blah blah blah......but they didnt help me ****.

Um why are comparing Skyrim and Bioshock?? Cant do that...

I did say...

Game style aside as well... skyrim is wide open I know... but

...Perhaps I could have worded it better. If you are a gamer who enjoys different types of games, I am asking you if you liked this game (given its style of play) wayyyyyyyy more for its genre than say another game that you absolutely loved. If so, why.

Also, does at the start, throwing whatever you have to throw at the interracial couple do anything? I didnt throw it at them and later on the beach "we want to help you..." blah blah blah......but they didnt help me ****.

Right next to them is a piece of gear they give you if you don't throw the ball at them.  Aim for them, you don't get the gear.

Right next to them is a piece of gear they give you if you don't throw the ball at them. ?Aim for them, you don't get the gear.

They could just give it to you............I explore EVERYTHING but damn, once in a while you have to miss something.

What

gear

is it?

Also, is there a alternative ending?

I am loving this game so far. I didn't get into BioShock 1 or 2 at all but Infinite has me gripped.

I can't say i've had the same issues as Larry, I'm playing PC but with an xbox pad so I just stand there, hit x a few times and it kinda vacuums up everything from the crates around me and I move on. I think that may be why it took me only maybe 3 hours to reach Elizabeth.

I'm loving the mechanic whereby she finds ammo for you, keeps the action moving.

Finally completed it. I thought the ending and the way the plot circled around on itself was incredibly clever. The whole thing was framed brilliantly, the

return to Rapture also made me smile

A great game. They did the series proud.

I haven't even caught up enough to get Crysis 3 yet, i'm so far behind. Still have Max Payne 3, Borderlands 2 and Sleeping Dogs to get started on and still need to finish Farcry 3 and ME 1 before i buy anymore games.

Beat it last night. Amazing. It isn't that long of a game, but it is rememberable. I really dug the ending, but what the hell did the little part after the credits mean exactly?! So many questions where answered, but just as many still left for us to just speculate on.

I tried 1999 mode.... No thanks. That is just punishment. I think I'll replay this, but now on easy, just so I can actually run around and do exactly as I please :p

Beat it last night. Amazing. It isn't that long of a game, but it is rememberable. I really dug the ending, but what the hell did the little part after the credits mean exactly?! So many questions where answered, but just as many still left for us to just speculate on.

I tried 1999 mode.... No thanks. That is just punishment. I think I'll replay this, but now on easy, just so I can actually run around and do exactly as I please :p

I believe that is another reality set back before the baptism event in which Booker is never presented with the option of the baptism (due to a differing choice somewhere along the way) and so lives. He doesn't give Anna/Elizabeth up and he's able to raise her as his own child

I believe that is another reality set back before the baptism event in which Booker is never presented with the option of the baptism (due to a differing choice somewhere along the way) and so lives. He doesn't give Anna/Elizabeth up and he's able to raise her as his own child

<p><br></p><p>That's what I wanted to think too... but on his desk are all his gambling debts still, and I never heard the baby make a noise, just Booker calling out her name. You also never see if there is a baby in the crib, so it really leaves you to wonder.</p>