Scott Pilgrim Versus the World (2010)

I've just come back from this, it was a great movie. My mate and I were laughing like crazy.

There were so many great scenes in this film. And I'm never going to see vegans in the same light again.

You and me both Antaris :(. I like Brie Larson's voice much better than the original.

On that note, just saw the movie again yesterday, I'm sad this movie didn't do better in the box office. I blame the absolutely terrible promotional material, it doesn't nearly do the movie justice.

And there won't be a sequel, it's based on the comics which is a finished story... plus there isn't really anywhere they could take it.

I really liked the animated short that Adult Swim produced for the movie, I doubt it will happen, but if it got picked up as a full series that would be amazing.

It has voice actors from the movie and everything :D

I hated Kick Ass, Cage was amazing, but the movie was just bad imho..

That being said I went to see Scott Pilgrim with a high bar set.. It didn't meet it :( But it was still a great movie, 7/10, I can't wait for it to come out on Bluray.. And in the end it would have been hard for the movie to ever meet my standards for that graphic novel..

i heard this movie was PURE TORONTO

Oh absolutely. Lee's Palace. TTC busses. Pizza Pizza. Second Cup. Loonies/Toonies. There is no shortage of Great White North references.

I saw saw it tonight and it was awesome. If life were a video game is would be this.

I really liked the animated short that Adult Swim produced for the movie, I doubt it will happen, but if it got picked up as a full series that would be amazing.

Does the animated Scott Pilgrim have a gay roommate? The movie was hilarious. Even when Scott keeps saying her seven "ex-boyfriends" and she keeps correcting him by just saying "ex-es". I'm sure the movie deviated from the source material (that I haven't seen) but some of that stuff really added to the fun.

I saw this movie on a whim as well, not knowing what I was getting into... but it was pretty funny and entertaining overall, and it's basically all set in Toronto so I was able to point out a lot of familiar sights too.

It's based on a graphic novel and I heard the whole first part of the movie is word for word from the comic. I'd see it again.

• 4 weeks later...

sweet box for the Blu Ray release

spvtw_nes.jpg

edit:dammit it's a custom home-made case

http://kotaku.com/5656571/this-custom-scott-pilgrim-nes-blu+ray-case-deserves-to-be-official

I saw that case as well and its too bad that it is not the official case it would make any collectors edition buyer REALLY happy.

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't do much reading on this one. I expected it to be another Michael Cera movie, where hes really shy, then he meets a girl and finally gets laid :D . Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised. Amazing, especially loved the visuals, just stunning. 9/10

why did the movie flop so badly?

Very, very little advertising/publicity. I heard about it through a little blip of an article in Entertainment Weekly. It has high ratings, but bombed in the box office.

Excellent, wonderful movie, though. The boyfriend and I enjoyed the hell out of it. Definitely one of my favorites of the decade. I imagine it'll become a cult hit in a few years time.

About Micheal Cera always playing the same role--I read an article a while back that I liked and happened to make a lot of sense. It was talking about how today, people are criticizing actors/actresses like Micheal Cera and Jennifer Aniston for always playing the same roles movie to movie. It begged the question: "What's wrong with that?" It went on to compare them to actors of the past, such as Audrey Hepburn and John Wayne who also seemed to play the same character movie to movie, and yet are considered some of the most substantial actors of the century. If an actor is good at playing a particular role (and Micheal Cera is), then why expect more?

I'll find the article and link it here, later.

But yes, Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World = 10/10.

About Micheal Cera always playing the same role--I read an article a while back that I liked and happened to make a lot of sense. It was talking about how today, people are criticizing actors/actresses like Micheal Cera and Jennifer Aniston for always playing the same roles movie to movie. It begged the question: "What's wrong with that?" It went on to compare them to actors of the past, such as Audrey Hepburn and John Wayne who also seemed to play the same character movie to movie, and yet are considered some of the most substantial actors of the century. If an actor is good at playing a particular role (and Micheal Cera is), then why expect more?

I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I watched the movie because he played in it. I was surprised to see him almost as an action movie star (BTW fight scenes had been done so well, most of todays movies its hard to tell what is happening on the screen - probably because action sequences are being put together from 1000 clips form 100 different angles to cover the fact that nobody is really fighting, neither is he any good at pretending he does).

I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I watched the movie because he played in it. I was surprised to see him almost as an action movie star (BTW fight scenes had been done so well, most of todays movies its hard to tell what is happening on the screen - probably because action sequences are being put together from 1000 clips form 100 different angles to cover the fact that nobody is really fighting, neither is he any good at pretending he does).

I was more-so responding to the people on the first page :p.

Yeah, the fight scenes were definitely neat. Everything was neat.

This movie was simply amazing.. I could not smiling the whole time!

+1

Couldn't help geeking out the whole time. Truly An Epic of Epic Epicness :D Also Cera didn't **** me off this much this time, compared to most of this other movies.

+1

Couldn't help geeking out the whole time. Truly An Epic of Epic Epicness :D Also Cera didn't **** me off this much this time, compared to most of this other movies.

yeah he fit this movie pretty well I thought