UK woman caught on video, dumping cat in trash bin

Well it got out eventually, and it's not like she threw it into a pit of spikes.

It got out eventually because the owner helped it out, it didn't do it on its own. Plus, what if the cat hadn't meowed? What if it were trash day? The garbage men don't look in the bins, they just roll them out to the truck and let it pick the bin up and dispose of it's contents in the crusher.

I believe this is justice.
Of course it is...justice for what, exactly? For the cat being alive?

This is disgusting. I think a facebook group should be made to counteract what the owners have urged. I strongly urge everyone who is able to make Mary Bale's life a living hell, bust her windows, spray paint her house, maybe a firework or 5 through her letter box, egg her house, break her door down, trash her car, burn her garden, basically anything nasty you can think of do it to her property. Nothing physically violent towards her, just enough to make her life incredibly miserable 'cos frankly thats all she deserves.

Actually, thinking about it, an appropriate punishment would be to throw her in a pen with a tiger, see how funny she thinks cats are then.

She does not deserve that. You're taking things way out of proportion...

She does not deserve that. You're taking things way out of proportion...

Would you still have the same cavalier attitude if it was a baby human?

After all, like a cat they are equally defenseless against an adult human, would have done nothing to provoke its attacker and it's 'just' and animal the same as a cat. Hell we're all animals so don't give me that "we're better than them" bulldung. I suppose you're one of the people who thinks this incident was funny. I'm ashamed to occupy the same landmass as you :no:

Would you still have the same cavalier attitude if it was a baby human?

After all, like a cat they are equally defenseless against an adult human, would have done nothing to provoke its attacker and it's 'just' and animal the same as a cat. Hell we're all animals so don't give me that "we're better than them" bulldung. I suppose you're one of the people who thinks this incident was funny. I'm ashamed to occupy the same landmass as you :no:

It's just a cat, not a baby human. Chill.

This is what makes you a poor excuse for a person. Although i suppose "B**** Mustard" doesn't have quite the same ring to it does it.

When I first seen this I couldn't make out what was happening.

Now I do, and that is ****ing horrible, I can't stand my head near a bin with the smell... Trapping a cat in there -for 15 hours- is sick...

This is what makes you a poor excuse for a person. Although i suppose "B**** Mustard" doesn't have quite the same ring to it does it.

How dare you call me a poor excuse for a person for not sharing the same opinion as you.

Technically either would be just as helpless in this situation, so why does it being an animal mean that it's not as bad?

How dare you call me a poor excuse for a person for not sharing the same opinion as you.

I didn't. I called you a poor excuse for a person because that's how your 'Just a cat' comment portrays you.

Technically either would be just as helpless in this situation, so why does it being an animal mean that it's not as bad?

This.

Hm, I wonder if this woman is Kenny Glenn's long lost aunt or something...

[...]

Since she did not abuse (assault/hit) the cat other than putting it in a trash can.

[...]

I believe making a cat starve and go thirsty for hours, in a dark black box, ensuring they cannot move much (the bin would have been upright), constitutes abuse.

Thats a bit over dramatic i'm personally sick of *******s letting their pets run free in the street and doing a **** where ever they please she didn't physical harm the animal the owner should be taking better care of their pets instead of them wandering around and defecating their neighbors lawn you know there are fines for not cleaning up after your pet this should be no different :angry:

[...]

How is not harming an animal in any way over-dramatic? Yes, owners sometimes let their pets roam the streets and **** in places, but how is that the cat's fault? The cat is following its instincts. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but the law allows owners to let their cats roam the streets, right? The fact cats **** on your lawn is the owner's fault, not the cat's fault because the cat doesn't know any better - they think that's fine. Punishing the cat for such a thing is disgusting.

She harmed the animal by ensuring it was stuck in a black, dark box for 15 hours (maybe more or less for all she knew), with no ability to even move around.

I'm not saying that it is excusable. I'm saying that we don't know that this was unprovoked behavior (however unjustified it appears) on the part of the woman, and that perhaps the cat owner could also be contributing to the situation.

I don't think it matters whether it was unprovoked because of what she did - she tortured a cat (15 hours without food and water, in the dark, not able to move about). If the cat had physically hurt her, I could maybe understand, but the footage proves that the cat did not physically hurt her - she jollily walked away.

Just been on the tv, 45 year old Mary Bale said she doesnt know what the fuss is about, and thought it would be funny

Horrible witch

Shall we put her in a large box for 15 hours, with no food or water, ensuring she cannot move much, and see how funny it is?

I'd find it pretty funny if somebody put me in a bin. Wouldn't you?

For 15 hours, in the pure dark, with no food or water and no way for you to escape or even move much? You'd find that funny? Uhm, okay. I certainly wouldn't.

Well it got out eventually, and it's not like she threw it into a pit of spikes. If anything why didn't the owners notice their cat was missing for 15 hours?

[...]

Maybe because some cats like to roam the streets for a day without their owners even knowing where they are; some, for more than one day. It's the way many cats/owners are and the owners expect their cats to not be tortured like this for no reason.

It got out eventually, after being tortured - kept in the dark, barely able to move, with no food and water for 15 hours.

I believe this is justice.

Cats are vermin and I absolutely hate them, however if I did see this I would also have a go at the woman for doing it!

Would it be justice if we put you in a dark box for 15 hours, ensuring you had no food or water and were barely able to move? After all, some might see you as 'vermin', so would that make it justice?

It got out eventually because the owner helped it out, it didn't do it on its own. Plus, what if the cat hadn't meowed? What if it were trash day? The garbage men don't look in the bins, they just roll them out to the truck and let it pick the bin up and dispose of it's contents in the crusher.

[...]

My thoughts exactly. People seem to be overlooking this. For all that woman knew, that cat would end up dead because of people not knowing it was in there.

That "just a cat" is someone elses loving pet who have had it for 4 years, just because you dont like cats doesnt mean people dont have emotional connections to animals, i dont think you would be pleased if you had a child and that child had a bond with "just a cat" and someone put your childs "just a cat" in a bin and it got carried away and crushed in a bin wagon you would have to sit and explain to the child and watch its little heart break.

Cats are worth less than humans, and that is how it should be. They are not equal. To pretend otherwise is nonsense.

Now, that doesn't mean they shouldn't be treated well--all animals should, but at the end of the day, an animal is just an animal, and we do with them as we please. That includes eating them and keeping them in captivity as pets for our own enjoyment. No true "animal friend" should support pets or eat meat.

That "just a cat" is someone elses loving pet who have had it for 4 years, just because you dont like cats doesnt mean people dont have emotional connections to animals, i dont think you would be pleased if you had a child and that child had a bond with "just a cat" and someone put your childs "just a cat" in a bin and it got carried away and crushed in a bin wagon.

I wish I cared about the cat, because it clearly means I don't think like most other people, but I just don't :/

No ones asking you to care about the cat but your flippant remarks about it being "just a cat" are a bit ridiculous. That cat is someones loving companion. A family friend has a child that had cancer and they got her a kitten to try and deal with the illness and recuperation, id be devastated to tell a child like that, that some b**** of a woman put it in a bin and it got carried away and crushed.

Cats are worth less than humans, and that is how it should be. They are not equal. To pretend otherwise is nonsense.

Now, that doesn't mean they shouldn't be treated well--all animals should, but at the end of the day, an animal is just an animal, and we do with them as we please. That includes eating them and keeping them in captivity as pets for our own enjoyment. No true "animal friend" should support pets or eat meat.

I wish I cared about the cat, because it clearly means I don't think like most other people, but I just don't :/

Don't worry, seems you're not alone. What are the chances?! Two of your kind in the same thread! I say 'your kind' 'cos i'm honestly not sure how to classify you. Certainly not human thats for sure. I'm mean yeh, your bodies are the same as ours but whats on the inside is quite clearly, frighteningly different.

Don't worry, seems you're not alone. What are the chances?! Two of your kind in the same thread! I say 'your kind' 'cos i'm honestly not sure how to classify you. Certainly not human thats for sure. I'm mean yeh, your bodies are the same as ours but whats on the inside is quite clearly, frighteningly different.

Sue me.

I may not be very emotional when it comes to animals passing away and such, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't care if an animal was being abused. The whole "just an animal" reference is fitting, as we expect all creatures to die at some point, but not in cases like this with the intention to do harm...

Where did I say I didn't care about the cat? In fact, I explicitly stated that animals should be treated well.

Where did I say I didn't care about the cat? In fact, I explicitly stated that animals should be treated well.

Ah yes, i do apologise. I did notice that, i take back some of what i said in regards to you but still. Animals lives are worth as much as humans. Animals are not 'property' (maybe by law they are but not in nature). Are you christian by any chance?

Sue me.

I'd try but i feel i wouldn't have a strong case. Have you ever tried to sue a rock? A tree? A plastic bag? A robot? I think you can only really sue 'people' :blush:

I'd try but i feel i wouldn't have a strong case. Have you ever tried to sue a rock? A tree? A plastic bag? A robot? I think you can only really sue 'people' :blush:

This is exactly the reason I couldn't be bothered to continue, and just wrote "Sue me" instead.

Animals lives are worth as much as humans.

No, they are not. If it is a choice between saving a person and an animal, I would choose the person every time, even if the animal had a much greater chance of surviving. I would wager that you would make the same choice, even though it is not a logical one if we use your reasoning.

Animals are not 'property' (maybe by law they are but not in nature).

That is what I said. Pet owners, however, treat animals as property and keep them in captivity for their own enjoyment. To me this borders on animal abuse, although it's more of a gray area if it is a cat that is allowed to roam freely. Then it is more of a mutual relationship.

Are you christian by any chance?

No.

Animals lives are worth as much as humans.

I disagree, but they should never be mistreated.

Can't believe it isn't a criminal offence, but I guess its upto the RSPCA to investigate, then the police will get involved.

Are you christian by any chance?

Are you homosexual by any chance? :laugh: