Things you hate about Google Chrome

I hate that when you have lots of tabs open they become tiny, instead of a readable width with a scrollable list:

2qs1c12.jpg

firefox allows you to read what the site is and you can use the arrows at the left and right of the tabs to scroll through them as seen below:

33eqtfq.jpg

For me that is the single biggest reason i don't use chrome as i have around 30 tabs open at all times and have firefox save them when i close the browser so when i start firefox all my tabs of my favourite sites are loaded for me to view.

Another thing that is annoying is not having the media information of the page available as seen below:

2v3oc2u.jpg

As its handy to download an .mp3 or other file on a website even if there isn't a way to save the file on the webpage itself.

The other thing that stops me from using chrome is that there's no way to backup your tabs and some of your other settings for when you want to format your pc and re-install chrome and loads your bookmarks, tabs, saved passwords etc. I use Mozbackup for firefox but there's no built-in or 3rd party application that can backup your tabs and probably some other things like saved passwords.

What things do you hate about chrome or what missing functionality stops you from using chrome?

I hate these things:

- no background downloads, what if i want to download something and want to close Chrome window? i can't without closing the download too;

- possibility to open downloads instead of downloading, for instance email attachments;

- no bootmarks fast button without having to deal with the full favourites bar;

- no image properties.

These things are very common ones which all browsers support.

Non customizable interface and no smooth scroll.

Smooth scroll needs to be implemented sooner rather than later.

I hate the lack of privacy. I don't know why Google would assume that I want to share my browsing history with everyone who uses my computer and I don't like that it dials home to Google every time I do something.

It's also far too difficult to do simple things like set a home page.

I hate the fact that every single tab is it's own process, and every single extension is also it's own process. It also uses alot of memory doing it this way.

I don't know about your memory issue but it actually make more sense to run tabs as separate processes which is why Google copied this feature from IE. One of my pet hates with Firefox is that a single stalled tab can bring the whole browser down.

I hate the download manager and the fact that it automatically saves files as filename (1) if such a file already exists. I also hate the lack of file type associations.

yeah i forgot about the lack of filetype associations.

Its odd that chrome out has been out for so long and yet it hasn't got some of the most basic things like scrolling through tabs, file type assocations and other such things in the browser even in v6 beta and probably v7 dev. Maybe they are aiming the browser to dumb people who only ever have 1 tab and don't download. I'd have added these kind of things in v1 or at the very least v2.

I hate the lack of privacy. I don't know why Google would assume that I want to share my browsing history with everyone who uses my computer and I don't like that it dials home to Google every time I do something.

It's also far too difficult to do simple things like set a home page.

I don't know about your memory issue but it actually make more sense to run tabs as separate processes which is why Google copied this feature from IE. One of my pet hates with Firefox is that a single stalled tab can bring the whole browser down.

Firefox 3.5.6 added seperate processes i believe.

I hate that I can't integrate Gmail with Windows :p

(things like, clicking on an e-mail in an application, or sending attachments from Send To > Mail recipient)

Ghetto add-on system. It will never be as good as FF if they don't revamp.

Image compares it to FF's. Every addon has a primitive archaic HTML ui that is disgustingly nasty like the stylish addon here.

omgdg.png

Not very friendly for website developer...very frustrating. That's why I use FF as a ruler stick against others.

Zoom options (or lack of). On my 24" monitor with 1920x1080 they're either to big or to small and all I can do is to change them in increments of 20%. I really miss FFs Nosquint extension.

i was gonna say the inability to mouse over a tab to see the full title, but it seems as at the new dev build that is now possible :)

I gotta say, it seems like it's getting more and more common for people to have a shetload of tabs open at all times. I've never browsed like that, so I gotta ask: why? I mean, is there something gained by having 30+ pages ALWAYS open instead of just launching the bookmark when you want to go there? It's seems like a trade-off of waiting significantly longer for your browser to initially get everything going or waiting 1-2 seconds for a page to load when you're ready for it.

Ghetto add-on system. It will never be as good as FF if they don't revamp.

Image compares it to FF's. Every addon has a primitive archaic HTML ui that is disgustingly nasty like the stylish addon here.

That's the add-on developer's fault. Their UI could look like a beautiful web app (and be much prettier and more usable than the Firefox one), but they got lazy.

I hate that the damn close/min/max widgets are 2 pixels too low on OS X (and also way too far to the right on Windows).

I gotta say, it seems like it's getting more and more common for people to have a shetload of tabs open at all times. I've never browsed like that, so I gotta ask: why? I mean, is there something gained by having 30+ pages ALWAYS open instead of just launching the bookmark when you want to go there? It's seems like a trade-off of waiting significantly longer for your browser to initially get everything going or waiting 1-2 seconds for a page to load when you're ready for it.

Because typing the urls for 30 sites or opening the bookmark of sites requires alot of clicking and typing, instead you can just open the browser and relax for 20secs and your sites will all be loaded ready for you to see what new posts have been made.

But with chrome unless the site has a distinguishable icon that you know you don't have a clue what the tab is and if you have 2 tabs for 2 threads on a forums you don't know which is which. By far the worst thing about chrome imo.

I hate the spacing between bookmarks in the Mac version of Chrome. In the Windows version, I can fit twice the bookmarks in the same window size.

2zi9cuu.jpg