Things you hate about Google Chrome

I hate the lack of a proper AdBlock, the worse than Firebug developer tools and the fact it's made by a company that already knows too much about everybody. But if they could just make the developer tools as good as Firebug, I'd switch.

I disagree. Memory is cheap in nowadays so I suggest you to buy more memory. Btw memory is released as soon as Y close tab and everything related to that tab. This approach is making browser more stable, you can close tab, when things go messy, not the whole browser.

And like it or not it`s coming to all major browsers sooner all later. Mozilla allready on it..

http://blog.mozilla....rnets-near-you/

I need to upgrade my RAM......to run a web browser? Nah, I'm good.

I need to upgrade my RAM......to run a web browser? Nah, I'm good.

To run web browser ? Y`re joking right... I thing Y should use only one or two tab max for keeping your ram usage low as possibly.

More tabs Y`re using then ram usage is also higher and it`s same thing in single process scenario and multipocess one , atleast in multiprocess version Y can free ram by closing tabs.

Btw when I buyed 4 years ago new computer parts, build my new computer with 4 gigs of ram, I`ve never been low on ram on normal computer usage only when using multiple virtual machines.

So I don`t care if browser takes 300mgs ram when using about 10-20 tabs.

Mine has to be the fact whenever I download something it adds that mini download bar at the bottom. That is truly annoying. I prefer to have an entire tab dedicated to my downloads, I don't need or want that mini pop up at the bottom of the my screen. It's bloody annoying.

The fact that I can't really manage my themes...? Unless I'm missing an option somwhere...?

Smooth scroll needs to be implemented sooner rather than later.
Extension: https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/cccpiddacjljmfbbgeimpelpndgpoknn (Y) But I hear the latest builds of Chromium have native smooth scrolling support.
No built-in RSS feed support
Agreed. But for now I'm using this extension: https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/nlbjncdgjeocebhnmkbbbdekmmmcbfjd
Extension icons on toolbar.
Agreed. Some you can disable, most you can't!

1. That when an individual tab locks up, it usually takes the parent process with it, thus crashing the entire browser. It's useless to have individual processes when the entire process tree goes down with each [albeit infrequent] crash. I'm still running Chrome, because it's just so fast, but I might switch to Firefox 4 once they get out of beta. I've tried the beta with hardware acceleration before they added their new JavaScript engine and I was impressed. Add in some JavaScript speed-ups and they will be back in the game. Hope Firefox 4 fixes the memory leaks. This seems to happen less now that Flash is included with Chrome, but that brings me to my next issue.

2. I absolutely hate that they include Flash with the browser. It's nice that they keep it up to date for me, but I'd rather have the option to exclude it.

3. The preferences menu is haphazardly laid out.

4. I love the micro-behind-the-scenes updates, but the major update (say, from version 5 to 6) required my intervention to happen. Had I not been reading about it, then I am not sure when I would have found out about it. Why didn't it update itself in the background, or notify me? Maybe if I gave it a few more days, then it would have, but the point is that it did not and that worries me from the perspective of less informed users. After all, there is a reason some non-business users still use IE6.

5. The bookmark-star is now on the right bar, and on a 24 inch screen that's a lot of real estate to travel to just bookmark. I believe there is a shortcut for it, but I use it so infrequently that it's mostly a nuisance.

6. The "Find" (CTRL+F) feature is extremely weak. You cannot limit by case, or anything fancier than a generic search. The only worse "Find" feature that I can think of in a major product is Adobe Reader's implementation, and although they work exclusively with documents that this would come in handy for, they at least have the excuse that they are not a search giant.

I never thought I'd post in this thread, but here goes: I don't like the recent change to remove keyboard shortcuts from context menus. I'm talking about the menu that appears when you right-click a link. Before, I could hit 'T' to open a link in a new tab. Now, hitting 'T' does nothing.

When Chrome crashes, it crashes bad, and it's the fault of Webkit - same thing happens to me with Maxthon 3. Firefox, Opera and IE might all crash and go down, but they don't take the OS down too. Chrome does. Probably the worst thing, having to do a battery pull when a Flash video freezes and the sound comes out like a feedback loop.

• 2 weeks later...

Not being able to turn off smooth scrolling, Google taking forever to fix bugs like Netflix Instant streaming not working anymore.

Chrome doesn't have smooth scrolling to turn off, unless I'm missing something. You have to get an extension to get smooth scrolling (go go Chrome Smooth Wheel Scroller, which is a YASS port.)

The part of Chrome I dislike is ironically the same part I love. The tabs, I hate how small and unreadable they get when you open up alot. But at the same time I love how when you close tabs, Chrome shuffles everything around where your mouse pointer is so you never have to move your mouse pointer. And when you finally do move your mouse pointer the tabs resize.