HD For Streaming Media?

LilSnoop40

hi, i was wondering what the best way would be to get a external hd and stream things by plugging into my tv. is this even possible or do i need a media center. i DON"T wanna have a computer by my tv. i see there are a few hard drives that i might be able to do this with but wanted to know what the best way to go would be. please give feed back i appreciate it. wondering what the best way to go is, has to be able to play 1080p or i and would like it meaning the hard drive to have an HDMI output to plug right into my tv or surround sound...

looking at these so far:

Western Digital WD TV

Iomega Screen Play Director

Seagate's FreeAgent Home Theater

Thanks

shakey

hi, i was wondering what the best way would be to get a external hd and stream things by plugging into my tv. is this even possible or do i need a media center. i DON"T wanna have a computer by my tv. i see there are a few hard drives that i might be able to do this with but wanted to know what the best way to go would be. please give feed back i appreciate it. wondering what the best way to go is, has to be able to play 1080p or i and would like it meaning the hard drive to have an HDMI output to plug right into my tv or surround sound...

looking at these so far:

Western Digital WD TV

Iomega Screen Play Director

Seagate's FreeAgent Home Theater

Thanks

Depends on your TV. If your TV has DLNA and has the ability to stream, you don't have to do much other than connect the TV to your network. If not, some TV's will have software that will allow a harddrive or pc to hook into it and stream. But it really depends on the TV if you are looking for that type of setup... PS3 and Xbox360 can stream really well.

• 4 weeks later...
FrankSpin

The new Roku boxes also support USB HD connections so don't rule them out. I know that the WDLiveTV get pretty good remarks and can do DLNA and the new models also support Netflix now too.