Wii SD Cards' Minimum Capacity Size

From what states in the website the maximum capacity size for an SD card is 32GB.

Does anyone know the minimum capacity size? The only SD card that I have around is a 32MB card that came with my Nokia 6600 and the console keeps bitching about it for some reason.

Thanks in advance.

Older games (before the 4.x update) used standard SD. Since 4.x update, they support SDHC, but the older games will still not support them.

I really have no idea about 32GB 32MB, though.

As long as it is SD it should support it, however you might as well pick up a 2GB for about $8-9 at MicroCenter.

Well, it rejects my 32MB card... and I'm not going to buy a new one since my legendary poverty unables me to do so.

Well, it rejects my 32MB card... and I'm not going to buy a new one since my legendary poverty unables me to do so.

??? You have the money for a Wii and for games, yet don't have a few dollars to pick up an SD card to work with it? You can probably find a 512MB or 1GB card on eBay for less than $5, shipped.

SD cards on eBay (1GB)

You have the money for a Wii and for games, yet don't have a few dollars to pick up an SD card to work with it?

I never said that I bought a console or games, good sir.

Well I can tell you that i've used a 32mb one in mine (used it to back up and install homebrew) and it worked fine so if there is a minimum it must be lower than 32mb.

I have read there are combatibility issues with some makes of cards so I guess your just unlucky. :cry:

• 2 weeks later...

They're meant to be FAT formatted. I understand the poverty, believe me, but where in the world are you? I have a couple 'extra-ish' SD cards, they. I keep using a micro SD with an adapter and it seems to work fine.

• 2 months later...
They're meant to be FAT formatted. I understand the poverty, believe me, but where in the world are you? I have a couple 'extra-ish' SD cards, they. I keep using a micro SD with an adapter and it seems to work fine.

Sorry for the late reply but I was not aware that someone replied back.

I tried with FAT, ext2 and ext3 file systems and nothing changed. The nice lady in the Nintendo Support line stated that they don't set an explicit minimum capacity size for these cards.

She also suggested me to try with another SD card and call back if it still didn't work. I will try to borrow a card from a friend.

About the poverty... I live in special conditions.

The Nokia 6600 takes MMC cards, not SD. They look pretty much the same and the slots are the same, but they are different so that is most likely why you are having problems.

The Nokia 6600 takes MMC cards, not SD.They look pretty much the same and the slots are the same, but they are different so that is most likely why you are having problems.

Thanks for the answer, Phemo. I would have never recall that Nokia had a MMC phase (and more recently RS-MMC; still have a couple of those somewhere).

Thanks for the answer, Phemo. I would have never recall that Nokia had a MMC phase (and more recently RS-MMC; still have a couple of those somewhere).

My Wii accepts my 16 MB sandisk SD card with no issues.