Regional Game Releases

Ok, can anyone explain what the deal is with some recent titles being released/published only for the EU and not N. America? This trend has to stop. They are only shooting themselves in their own economic foot. Is there some new EU law or some such that could be effecting this?

I`m from Europe and I don`t know for any law which wouldn`t allow games to ship in NA as well. What I think is that producers don`t think that some title will ship well in NA so they produce it only for Europe..

Classic example of that would be EA Sports game based on NFL which isn`t popular in EU or like some soccer game which isn`t popular in NA.

by releasing only to limited areas at a time they are able to better control the market.

this is same reason why they have regions for dvds and incompatible different consoles

Believe me you get the better side of the deal. We get nearly ALL games and DVDs later than NA does here in the UK. It is also worse in Australia where games are modified greatly to remove violence which causes long delays - Like the GTA series.

Ok, can anyone explain what the deal is with some recent titles being released/published only for the EU and not N. America? This trend has to stop. They are only shooting themselves in their own economic foot. Is there some new EU law or some such that could be effecting this?

You get every blooming thing first, quit moaning and let us get it first for a change :)

You get every blooming thing first, quit moaning and let us get it first for a change :)

agread ! .. dam yanks and there getting eveything first .. its not fair, its not fair !!! :cry: :cry:

agread ! .. dam yanks and there getting eveything first .. its not fair, its not fair !!! :cry: :cry:
You get every blooming thing first, quit moaning and let us get it first for a change

agreed :yes: agreed :yes:

[Rant]

fed up with seeing posts on forums aboot how great a game is when we still have a 2 month wait, or seeing spoilers everywhere about a game we won't see in the UK for half a year. Or even worse still when people from the US brag aboot how much better they are at a game than the brits when they've had the game released for 3 months and we've only had it a couple of weeks.

[End Rant]

not that i'm bitter ;)

by releasing only to limited areas at a time they are able to better control the market.

this is same reason why they have regions for dvds and incompatible different consoles

It also allows them to monitor sales for a particular part of the world, which is why imports are deemed bad by Nintendo and the like.

Hey, I feel your guy's pain too. I'm just ****ed cause on several occasion we just don't get them period. I mean late is always better than never. If X2 isn't release in the US would any kindly EU peeps send me a copy? :)

I'm sure I could return the favor sometime. ;)