[Official] F1 2010

post-151617-12838791782261.jpg

Release Date: 22nd September 2010 (North America), 24th September (Europe)

Developer: Codemasters Birmingham

Publisher: Codemasters

Platforms: PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3

Features

F1 2010 will feature "the most complicated weather system ever seen in a racing game". When rain starts to fall, the track will gradually lose grip, with some areas losing grip faster than others. "Overhanging trees, for example, will shelter the track, while dips and indentations in the tarmac will hold more standing water and provide a greater risk."

When the rain stops, a "drying line" will start to appear which will provide more grip which will make it easier to drive. If a car strays from the dry line, the tyres will lose grip and it will be harder to drive. Evolving track will also be featured elsewhere in the game; at the start of a race weekend, the track will be "green" and therefore have less grip, but as the weekend progresses, rubber will be laid down onto the track, increasing the grip.

Research will also feature in F1 2010. Consistently out-race a teammate, and the player will receive new parts, updates and upgrades as they are developed. The player's team will develop new parts and updates for their car throughout the season, evolving the car as the season progresses.

The game will feature a career mode consisting of either three, five or seven seasons (depending on the user's choice). Where players can drive for any team, each having their own objectives ? "For example, race for Ferrari and anything other than winning the Driver's and Constructor's Championship would be a failure, while a mere points finish when driving for Lotus would be a huge success." Media interest will also differ depending on whether the player is racing for one of the top teams, or a team at the back of the grid and will reflect the progress the player makes; more success will equal more media attention. Impromptu interviews will take place alongside the official interviews following each race. The developer diaries released by Codemasters have revealed that impromptu interviews will be more sensationalist than formal press conferences and that the player may need to be wary of what they say to the media lest they say something they shouldn't and upset their team. Players will be forced to retire after the end of the third, fifth, or seventh season.

Tracks

The game features all 19 circuits of the 2010 F1 season.

1. Bahrain International Circuit - Bahrain Grand Prix
  2. Albert Park Grand Prix Circuit - Australian Grand Prix
  3. Sepang International Circuit - Malaysian Grand Prix
  4. Shanghai International Circuit - Chinese Grand Prix
  5. Circuit de Catalunya - Spanish Grand Prix
  6. Circuit de Monaco - Monaco Grand Prix
  7. Istanbul Park - Turkish Grand Prix
  8. Circuit Gilles Villeneuve - Canadian Grand Prix
  9. Valencia Street Circuit - European Grand Prix
  10. Silverstone Circuit - British Grand Prix
  11. Hockenheimring - German Grand Prix
  12. Hungaroring - Hungarian Grand Prix
  13. Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps - Belgian Grand Prix
  14. Autodromo Nazionale Monza - Italian Grand Prix
  15. Marina Bay Street Circuit - Singapore Grand Prix
  16. Suzuka Circuit - Japanese Grand Prix
  17. Korean International Circuit - Korean Grand Prix
  18. Aut?dromo Jos? Carlos Pace - Brazillian Grand Prix
  19. Yas Marina Circuit - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Teams & Drivers

The game will feature the 24 starting drivers of the 2010 season (so no Sakon Yamamoto)

Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

Jenson Button

Lewis Hamilton

Mercedes GP Petronas F1 Team

Michael Schumacher

Nico Rosberg

Red Bull Racing

Sebastian Vettel

Mark Webber

Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro

Felipe Massa

Fernando Alonso

AT&T Williams

Rubens Barrichello

Nico H?lkenberg

Renault F1 Team

Robert Kubica

Vitaly Petrov

Force India F1 Team

Adrian Sutil

Vitantonio Liuzzi

Scuderia Toro Roso

S?bastien Buemi

Jaime Alguersuari

Lotus Racing

Jarno Trulli

Heikki Kovalainen

Hispania Racing F1 Team

Karun Chandhok

Bruno Senna

BMW Sauber F1 Team

Pedro de la Rosa

Kamui Kobayashi

Virgin Racing

Timo Glock

Lucas di Grassi

PC Requirements

Minimum Requirements

• Windows XP/Vista/7
  • DirectX 9.0c
  • Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4GHz or Athlon X2
  • 1GB RAM XP & 2GB for Vista/windows 7
  • Graphics Card: GeForce 7800 / Radeon X1800 or above
  • DirectX Compatible Sound Card or motherboard audio
  • Dual Layer Compatible DVD-ROM Drive
  • 12.5 GB Hard Drive Space

Recommended Requirements

• Windows XP/Vista/7
  • DirectX 9.0c
  • Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.66GHz or Athlon X2 4200+
  • 2GB RAM
  • Graphics Card: GeForce 9800 or ATI Radeon HD 4850 series
  • DirectX Compatible Sound Card or motherboard audio
  • Dual Layer Compatible DVD-ROM Drive
  • 12.5 GB Hard Drive Space

Screnshots

Click on the images for the full-size version.

f1-2010-20100818112519342_thumb_ign.jpg f1-2010-20100818112521779_thumb_ign.jpg f1-2010-20100818112523998_thumb_ign.jpg f1-2010-20100818112526248_thumb_ign.jpg f1-2010-20100818112514529_thumb_ign.jpg f1-2010-20100818112516842_thumb_ign.jpg f1-2010-20100827050613561_thumb_ign.jpg f1-2010-20100827050610187_thumb_ign.jpg f1-2010-20100827050616796_thumb_ign.jpg f1-2010-20100827050620202_thumb_ign.jpg f1-2010-20100827050624123_thumb_ign.jpg

The reviews are coming in left, right and center now. Official UK PlayStation Magazine gave it 9/10, and now, GamesMaster's given it 9/10 too.

I can't wait for this! :)

Nice Official MJ :)

Still undecided about this game. I love the engine used, I love the graphics, I loved the damage in DiRT and expect to see something similar here and the weather effects look superb but ... it's F1. I always had this ambiguous feeling about F1, I love a bit of racing and I love high-performance cars but F1 always seemed so sterile and boring, like the essence of racing has been removed and it's nothing but high tech gadgets and computers. Will there be a demo at some point?

This is the first pre-order I've had down for ages. Can't wait for it. Really hoping it doesn't disappoint.

It's Codemasters, so I'd be really surprised if it disappoints me. And seeing as it's already scored two 9/10 reviews, it seems to be impressing the critics at the moment.

Personally, I'm happy to see a new F1 game. We haven't had one since Formula One Championship Edition on the PS3, and that was nearly four years ago. I like it, but it's too simplified, and the online features are very basic (no voice chat).

Nice Official MJ :)

Still undecided about this game. I love the engine used, I love the graphics, I loved the damage in DiRT and expect to see something similar here and the weather effects look superb but ... it's F1. I always had this ambiguous feeling about F1, I love a bit of racing and I love high-performance cars but F1 always seemed so sterile and boring, like the essence of racing has been removed and it's nothing but high tech gadgets and computers. Will there be a demo at some point?

Thank you. :) Took me a couple of hours to do. I spent a while trying ti put in all the images of all the tracks, and I was planning to do the same for the drivers, but there's a limit on how many images I can include. :(

Sorry, but there won't be a demo. They cite licensing issues and time constraints as the reasons. There won't be a demo after release either, as they say they'll be moving to F1 2011 "almost immediately".

And in case anyone's concerned, there won't be and DLC released for the game. They're saving further developments for F1 2011. So this one is basically the starting point for 2011, like GT5 is the starting point for GT6, so if there are any major flaws in this version, they'll almost certainly be eradicated in the next version.

And good news for anyone concerned about comedy handling, GamesMaster said they're "delighted with the game's handling, which offers a huge amount of precision". The only minor gripes they raised are the lack of safety cars - and that it's not the most accessible game on four wheels. My kind of game then! :p I love racing games that make you really put in the effort to get the reward.

I'm quite interested to see what they've done with the Korean circuit since the track obviously wasn't finished before the game will go to production (Last I heard they were just laying the tarmac and that was a couple of weeks ago).

If this game is any good (which I'm sure it will be, have already pre-ordered), what I'd love to see Codemasters do is a complete Formula 1 experience game.

Start off with Karting, if you win that then progress to Formula 2000, Formula 3000 and then into Formula 1. I'd also like to a Formula 1 game with all of the F1 circuits in it that they race on (e.g. Have both Fuji and Suzuka etc), as well as some of the older circuits that they no longer race on but used to frequently. You could make your own formula 1 championship season by picking which circuits to race on etc. Ah, well, can dream I suppose.

If this game is any good (which I'm sure it will be, have already pre-ordered), what I'd love to see Codemasters do is a complete Formula 1 experience game.

Start off with Karting, if you win that then progress to Formula 2000, Formula 3000 and then into Formula 1. I'd also like to a Formula 1 game with all of the F1 circuits in it that they race on (e.g. Have both Fuji and Suzuka etc), as well as some of the older circuits that they no longer race on but used to frequently. You could make your own formula 1 championship season by picking which circuits to race on etc. Ah, well, can dream I suppose.

Yeah, that would be pretty great, but it's a big ask. The closest we'll ever get to that is taking a PC game with one of the series, and then adding in the rest via mods. RACE 07 would be a good starting point.

I imagine if this is a success Codies will keep making them. And that's a good thing. (Y)

Tempted to put a prepurchase down on Steam.

I still can't decide which platform to buy it on...really wish they had demos for it.

Would love to see the performance on my PC (before committing cash), then see how well it handles with the PS3 controller(before committing cash)...then if all else fails it would be the 360. Guess I'll need to rent it first for the PS3...

Yeah I tried Dirt 2, runs pretty good @ 1024x768 everything high and getting 27-32 FPS but cause the engine is tweak I'd still like to try before I buy for the PC.

Yeah I tried Dirt 2, runs pretty good @ 1024x768 everything high and getting 27-32 FPS but cause the engine is tweak I'd still like to try before I buy for the PC.

man get it on the CONSOLE..

ur pc is slow for the game.

1024x768 is a very low res. and getting 30fps on it remember that the F1 has a weather system. The rain is gona be heavy on ur system and bring the frames down.

Real F1 Vs. Video Game F1

On the left, there is footage of on-board camera footage of the Korean Grand Prix. On the right?

That is in-game footage of F1 from Codemasters. It looks better than the real deal.

Even though the Korean GP track is still in its finishing stages, Codemasters has created something that looks better than any on-board camera.

Source: Kotaku