[Official] Playstation Move

I've only played the iPhone version on demo phones in stores, but it's pretty good on that. Even the iPad version is great! :)

Thanks yo. BTW, stupid app store isn't loading for me right now. realmad.gif

Move Sales Exceed Sony's Forecasts, sells 1.5 million units in Europe

Sales of Sony's Move controller have exceeded the platform holder's expectations with 1.5 million units shifted in Europe alone. SCEE boss Andrew House told Bloomberg that Move, which launched on 15th September, had seen, "very significant sales in the first month since launch - somewhere in the region of 1.5 million units for the new controller across just Europe." "The initial sales response has been so far in excess of our initial plan that we'll probably be looking at accelerating production," he added.

Back in August, Sony told Eurogamer that it wasn't expecting huge day one sales and that Move would succeed later through word of mouth. It seems it might have underestimated itself. Microsoft's competing motion controller, Kinect, launches on 10th November. It's expecting to sell three million units worldwide by Christmas. House added that Sony expected to exceed its target of 15 million PlayStation 3 console sales for this fiscal year." Sales have been significantly up year-on-year in a market that has been overall slightly down," he claimed.

My link

That sounds pretty good. I assume that is the number of Move controllers sold to retail.

Pretty decent don't think anyone on Neowin was expecting that, especially not Munky :p

Especially with the lack of in your face advertisements you would have thought they might have done. If they could only go down on the cost of the motion controllers... 50 for any type of controller is over kill imho. Hell, I hate spending more than $30 on a mouse lol.

Especially with the lack of in your face advertisements you would have thought they might have done. If they could only go down on the cost of the motion controllers... 50 for any type of controller is over kill imho. Hell, I hate spending more than $30 on a mouse lol.

Yeah for once the EU prices are slapping about the USA prices. You can get the whole starter pack for ?38 here!

Yeah for once the EU prices are slapping about the USA prices. You can get the whole starter pack for ?38 here!

I hate you guys! :p my starter pack was $100, but I traded in 2 games to knock it down to only $73. Then got another motion controller which bumped it up to $120. I want to get some more, but cant decide if I should get motion, navigation, or another actual ds3 - since I only have 2 of each lol.

Anyone here tried Move in a smallish room? I'm interested in getting the starter pack but the TV and PS3 are in a fairly small room... maximum of 5ft from the TV to the furniture (that is against the wall). Although I can gain 1-2ft extra bit if I place the camera on a shelf that is above and behind the TV.

Anyone here tried Move in a smallish room? I'm interested in getting the starter pack but the TV and PS3 are in a fairly small room... maximum of 5ft from the TV to the furniture (that is against the wall). Although I can gain 1-2ft extra bit if I place the camera on a shelf that is above and behind the TV.

You can play from about 1~1.5m away.

I tried at about 5 feet and the camera was not catching the ball. Backed up another foot and all was good.

I really wish someone would reply letting me know if their camera is missing an IR filter, just got my third bundle and still the same problem. Would be good to know I'm not the only one.

You can play from about 1~1.5m away.

I tried at about 5 feet and the camera was not catching the ball. Backed up another foot and all was good.

Sounds like it will just about be possible in the space I have then, thanks! Just ordered the starter pack. :)

anyone in the toronto area finding it hard to find any of the standalone Move controllers in stock? everywhere i looked its just the bundles and the nav controller :s

I really wish someone would reply letting me know if their camera is missing an IR filter, just got my third bundle and still the same problem. Would be good to know I'm not the only one.

It's like I'm talking to a wall.

I just tried and I too see IR signals, no problems in games however :/

Ya um..if there's bad lighting dark colours appear blue. Think it's just cause the camera is cheap. I have it in the basement so I guess I'll have to deal with it...Tested my digital camera and it can see IR too but not as apparent.

Ya um..if there's bad lighting dark colours appear blue. Think it's just cause the camera is cheap. I have it in the basement so I guess I'll have to deal with it...Tested my digital camera and it can see IR too but not as apparent.

Well I play mostly in a dark room with no light but my monitor and my Move works pretty well, strange that you have these problems :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

This is almost 3 pages back! Yikes.

Anyway, looks like Sony doesn't want all the attention on Kinect today:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/11/03/playstation-move-1-million-units-shipped-in-north-america-a-growing-library-of-titles/

PlayStation Move: 1 Million Units Shipped in North America, a Growing Library of Titles

You might have heard that PlayStation Move has already shipped one million units and given the list of exciting games below, it?s hard to imagine sales slowing down. Next Tuesday marks the launch of gritty brawler, The Fight: Lights Out, party favorite SingStar Dance, and the HD revival of one of PlayStation?s most iconic characters, Sly Cooper, in The Sly Collection. But that?s just the start of the holiday shopping season; we?ve got more great games on their way for every type of gamer ? from the casual to the core and everyone in between. Additionally, we?ve got exclusive games coming out in early 2011 including Killzone 3, LittleBigPlanet 2, and SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs.

• 5 months later...