[UK] The next Labour leader

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to lead the Labour party?

• Diane Abbott
    • Ed Balls
    • David Miliband
    • Andy Burnham
    • Ed Miliband
  2. 2. Are you eligible to vote in the Labour election?

3. 3. Under your chosen candidate, would you vote Labour?

In any democracy its important that there is a strong opposition questioning decisions and suggesting alternatives. As we know in the UK the Conservatives and Liberal Democrats have teamed up to form the coalition - which leaves Labour as the only true opposition for the first time in many many years.

Labours 1997-2010 era, "New Labour" is dead - with candidates looking to reposition and reconnect with Britain of today. So now there's the opportunity to chose the new leadership of the party - who, let's face it, has a very strong chance of being our next or at least future Prime Minister I'm interested to see who people from all over the political spectrum in the UK would vote for.

For the sake of integrity vote for who you think will do best for our country, rather than best for your chosen political party.

I don't care who leads, but Balls is the best of a bad bunch. I suppose if they got back in - perish the thought - we'd need a person who has a modicum of sense.

However, I would never vote Liebour whomever leads them. So the choice is moot for me.