Nikon Remote.

I am going to be buying a Nikon D3100 when it comes out, however I dont' want to buy the $30 release cord (no wireless remote).

So Thes are $4 and 7$ and I am curious if they will work.

http://www.amazon.com/Adorama-Release-D90-Digital-Cameras/dp/B0027G1ZF4/ref=pd_cp_p_3

Adorama Remote Release Cord for the Nikon D90/D5000 Digital SLR Cameras

and

Zeikos ZE-MCDC2 Remote Control Shutter Release for Nikon D90

http://www.amazon.com/Zeikos-ZE-MCDC2-Control-Shutter-Release/dp/B002UD4OB6/ref=pd_cp_p_2

Since it is a MCDC 2 it should work right?

Yes that should work and it has the half press plus the shutter lock which is good. I have a similar no-brand remote for my Sony Alpha and it works quite well (though the cable is only about 4 feet long)

Plus, you can get it and if it sucks you only lost $4.

Yes that should work and it has the half press plus the shutter lock which is good. I have a similar no-brand remote for my Sony Alpha and it works quite well (though the cable is only about 4 feet long)

Plus, you can get it and if it sucks you only lost $4.

Thanks! I just want it to take long exposures so if its cheap and works, thats good!

So this one will indeed work correctly?

You don't really need a remote to trigger long exposures. Simply set a timer (for example 2 seconds) and let the camera trigger the shutter.

The camera goes up to 30seconds, and bulb. I plan on doing them longer then 30 seconds. does that matter?

The camera goes up to 30seconds, and bulb. I plan on doing them longer then 30 seconds. does that matter?

Yes, It does matter if you want to go longer than 30 seconds, you need to hold the button on your camera (which could introduce significant shake). With a remote such as the $4 unit you posted you can just put the controller on hold. It also works wonders for continuous drive.

Yes, It does matter if you want to go longer than 30 seconds, you need to hold the button on your camera (which could introduce significant shake). With a remote such as the $4 unit you posted you can just put the controller on hold. It also works wonders for continuous drive.

Awesome thanks!

I got this for my d5000 $8 wireless, probably not what you're looking for, but you never know. :)

Thanks! I would like a wireless remote, however there is no wireless feature for the 3100.

You CAN get a wireless remote in that a receiver connects to the remote selease socket and you have a tranceiver that activates it, those are around $30 to $50 on Amazon/eBay IIRC.

I'm currently planning on getting a more complet shutter release (one with a timer) in adition to the one I have (which is similar to the first one you posted).

You CAN get a wireless remote in that a receiver connects to the remote selease socket and you have a tranceiver that activates it, those are around $30 to $50 on Amazon/eBay IIRC.

I'm currently planning on getting a more complet shutter release (one with a timer) in adition to the one I have (which is similar to the first one you posted).

Ahh ok thanks. I'd rather just spend the $4 lol. That's cool though that you can get one if you dont have wireless built in.