Is anybody else unaffected by caffeine or energy drinks?

I wish caffeine did something for me, I can drink 2 mega monsters, and then go straight to sleep, or remain awake, whatever time it is. though I am beginning to crave monsters if I go about 3 days without one

I don't drink coffee or energy drinks but caffeine seems not affect me at all. I can have a Pepsi and be asleep 30 minutes later.

we need to make this into a poll

and no, caffeine/coffee doesn't effect me either, something to do with my ADHD I think

this is same with me, in ADD people they actually use stimulants and stuff to calm a person down, I've found I can be made sleepy by stimulants on occasion and I can generally get better rest when I take them short before bed. part of the paradoxical effect.

of course the problem with ADD is usually the person has lower amounts of dopamine/other neurotransmitters in the brain, and stimulants promote the release of them and it somehow ends up having a calming effect on the person. I believe it has to do with the person lacking the neurotransmitters required for their brain and cognitive parts to regulate and maintain itself, therefore they just have trouble 'maintaining' a state of mind or being, people end up fidgety and restless from it and reducing the problem allows the person to calm themselves or feel more mellowed out from it. some people end up having more trouble regulating their attention and using their cognitive ability rather than having only motor problems, as well.

although not everyone has ADD, everyone has some varying degree of neurotransmitters and everyone probably experiences a similar effect, some people might just be made a little bit more calmer and more able to regulate themselves and others might be pushed over the threshold and get wired from it.

I need a healthy dose of caffeine in the morning to get me started.

Consuming caffeinated drinks in the evening doesn't affect me though. I can drink a triple espresso, then go to bed and sleep.

I never drink tea or coffee. The only time I ever drink caffeine is when I'm having coke, and that's not too often, either. I don't seem to be affected by energy drinks, either. I had a can of Monster before, and it made no difference to me, so I never buy them. They're too expensive, and even though they taste nice, there's no point.

One beer to make me sleep (two and more to get the party started;p) one bottle of coca-cola to make me feel like a hamster all day:) coffee doesn`t work at all as well as energy kicks:)

Red Bull, Relentless and any other energy drinks do nothing at all for me.

I easily have 10+ large cups of tea a day (if at home all day) including one before bed and I can fall asleep almost as soon as my head hits the pillow.

Had the same a few years ago, then I cut back on sugar almost completely and now coffee is like a kick in the head. I know a lot of people who take in a lot of sugar and other 'quick energy' food throughout the day and most of them claim to be unaffected by drinks like coffee, that's because their body is already in high gear and has gotten used to relaxing even in this state. Of course some people, even the ones living a clean life so to speak, seem unaffected.

Also people with high blood pressure seem to not notice the effect.

But I do need my morning, got-home-from-work and mandatory 2-3 cups of evening game time coffee.

Once building up such an immunity, you are truly 1337.

;)

I myself, have to have coffee every morning or I'm just a zombie.

I try to stay away from the energy drinks because there's too much other weird stuff in them.

Coffee or Dew for me.

When I was heavy into consuming coffee/energy drinks I had built a tolerance, so much so that I actually needed the drinks in order to properly 'wake up'. This is no longer the case as I do not consume caffeinated beverages any more. In-fact if I consume even tea or drink a soda I immediately notice an impact on my nervous system. I would never go back to consuming energy drinks again just for this reason. It's unnecessary and bad for your nervous system. The only reason I started was because I had my first child and was ignorant to the fact I should sleep when they do and realized a human being can't function on 2 hours of sleep lol

Yesterday, energy drinks were 2 for 1 at my local store. I bought a pair on the way home and within 20 minutes of drinking them I was asleep. Coffee doesn't prevent me sleeping or wake me up in the morning, either. I'm some kind of superman.

The same happens to me and I rarely drink coffe, though I like it a lot :p

i'm off energy drinks now, it got to the stage where i had to have one relentless everyday (sometimes 2), i went with smaller energy drinks after that for 1 week and then even smaller for 2nd week bcos last time i went "cold turkey" i felt like crap without my daily "fix".

Strange thing is... when I drink coffee. Nothing happens... when I drink energy drinks like; Redbull or Monster it gives me wings it actually makes me more calm than it does hype me up.

I don't feel particularly affected by caffeine, but then again I don't feel particular affected by... well, let's just say some more potent things too. :shiftyninja:

I guess it just depends how much you think about what changes you're feeling.