Is anybody else unaffected by caffeine or energy drinks?


 Share

Recommended Posts

Nicholas-c

I would like to think im unaffected and thought that until my first night shift, drank 7 cans of monster energy drink in the last 3-4 hours, got home, went to sleep and vomited. Not good stuff xD

Link to post
Share on other sites

wellofsouls

I usually find myself sleep better after drinking coffee or green tea, hmmm... I guess I'm affected, but in the opposite way... :shiftyninja:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Glassed Silver

I'm unaffected as well...

I have no problem sleeping like a baby after drinking 2 liters of coke late at night...

I love coffee etc, but just for the taste.

Glassed Silver:win

Link to post
Share on other sites

amon91

I actually do relate to this. I don't drink much caffeine but when I do it doesn't make much if any difference.

Link to post
Share on other sites

giantsnyy

They don't do anything for me anymore. I was at the point where I was drinking 5 of the 16oz cans of Red Bull a day just for the taste... but I fell asleep and did everything like I normally did.

Link to post
Share on other sites

mzta cody

I can drink caffeine all day. In fact, I'm so addicted to it, that if I haven't had any in 15-20 hours, I begin to get a splitting headache. Any intake of caffeine will immediately get rid of the headache, which is how I figured out it was caffeine deprivation that gives me those center-of -the-forehead splitters.

Link to post
Share on other sites

kaffra

Generally not, but very strong coffee makes me sleepy

Link to post
Share on other sites

strekship

They do nothing for me. Probably has something to do with the fact that I drink lots of tea (good tea, not liptons/farmer brothers etc).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sir Topham Hatt

I don't drink them at all now and have never noticed an effect when I have drunk them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

FatherKong

lol'd @superman

we are superman's children :D

unaffected by anything but kyrptonite T-T

Link to post
Share on other sites

ThaCrip

With caffeine your body can build up a tolerance really quick. So if you are used to drinking mt. dews or a few cups a coffee everyday then it really isnt going to make any differnce if you drink an energy drink, your body is already used to the caffeine.

this is pretty much along the lines of my thinking ;) (although even with Mtn Dew on a regular basis i still think a energy drink once in a while WILL help (assuming caffeine helps you in general))

because Mtn Dew typically has higher caffeine levels for regular pop/soda, about 54mg per 12oz according to the cans (Coke for comparison is roughly 34mg for same 12oz if i recall correctly), which is not to to far behind most energy drinks which seem to float around 80mg per 8oz.

so for same amount of oz when comparing Mtn Dew vs a typical energy drink caffeine wise, your looking at 72mg @ 16oz of Mtn Dew vs 160mg in your typical 16oz energy drink which is still a noticeable difference but i am sure your body probably builds up a moderate tolerance to caffeine in general so that 160mg punch is probably not as strong as it would be if you had very little caffeine in general but for those who drink Mtn Dew on a regular basis i am sure lowers the punch of those energy drinks if you drink them from time to time.

for me personally... i remember when i first drank a energy drink when i was super tired as i was up for around 24 hours and it worked wonders for me as it woke me up and got rid of that tired body feeling you get when staying up for around that 24 hours straight range. i am sure you know what i mean. but the last i had one, it definitely helps but it don't seem to be as strong or last as long etc. but in general i typically don't drink Energy drinks often simply because i think it's a safe bet they are not good for you especially to surge your body with that much caffeine etc.

but typically speaking i don't seem to have any real issues going to sleep with caffeine in my system in general where as some people could probably have very little and can't sleep etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites

BubaTuljan

I too am unaffected, I just recently started to drink coffee and energy drinks because of my job, but they don't keep me energized, whenever I come home I still feel very sleepy no matter how much coffee/energy drinks I consume. I usually sleep around 8 hours but I hardly get rested.

Link to post
Share on other sites

MtnDewCodeRedFreak

I'm on the same boat with the unaffected.

Link to post
Share on other sites

jbrooksuk

Perhaps your drinking decaffeinated?

Energy drinks do a bit to me if I drink it all at once. And a couple of them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neowinuser1991

Ya caffeine has no affect on me. I mean I can drink a glass of pop and fall asleep just as normal 5 minutes later.

I however don't drink coffee or energy drinks so my body's probably use to the low dose of caffeine.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 years later...
nizlaztek

Same thing happens to me as well.  I don't usually drink coffee, maybe once every three weeks.  I had tried my first red bull a few days ago, and I had some candy along with it, however, a few minutes later, it made me really sleepy.  I had been told by a therapist that if you have ADD or ADHD, it is common to have this similar experience (caffeine making you sleepy).  Not saying that everybody that has a high tolerance for caffeine had ADD/ADHD, but it can be something to consider if you feel like you can't focus and caffeine makes you sleepy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

MikeChipshop

Yesterday, energy drinks were 2 for 1 at my local store. I bought a pair on the way home and within 20 minutes of drinking them I was asleep. Coffee doesn't prevent me sleeping or wake me up in the morning, either. I'm some kind of superman.

Both Coffee and energy drinks (So caffeine then) make me drowsy and fall to sleep within minutes.

On a related note, i'm extremely tolerant to pain killers too. paracetamol, Ibuprofen and Co-codamol tablets have little effect, the doctor has to prescribe me prescription strength painkillers and when i go to the dentist i need double the normal amount of injections to render work pain free. This was discovered the hard way btw.

I also recover from cuts and scraps very quickly. I can get a deep laceration on Monday and by Thursday it'll be a small white scar.

I was thinking i was some sort of real life wolverine but then my missus just said i'm a weirdo...

Link to post
Share on other sites

tuckeratlarge

Holy thread resurrection batman.

 

Thought id get in there first, even though I can't see as it matters

Link to post
Share on other sites

compl3x

Holy thread resurrection batman.

 

 

Yeah, old thread. Although idk why people worry if an old thread comes back. You're told to use the search function so you don't double post, but then people say "why are you bringing back an old thread?" Umm.. because one already existed? Why make another one?  :/

 

 

Anyway. Energy drinks just make me feel sick. Everyone in my age group seems to like them, I don't get it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

badb0y

I need 1 5 hour energy shot every hour to go thru entire day. It used to be 1 per day a year ago. ;-)

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Jim K locked this topic
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.