• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

ZoneAlarm uses Shady tactics to increase sales

Richteralan    377

wonder when these guys starting to sue MS for including Windows Firewall.

Tha Bloo Monkee    591

Never used this personally, but that is quite the shady tactic. Sounds like one of those rogue/fake antiviruses.

COKid    874

Internet Suites in general are on their way out, as the defaults bundled with Windows get better, and the freebies from Microsoft just get more appealing.

That has companies like Norton shaking in their boots.

One can only hope. While NIS has improved in recent years, I can't justify the cost. With MSE and the built-in 2-way firewall in Windows 7, I am all set. I have about 10-15 rules set up to allow outbound access for the programs I use. Easy peasy. ;)

yourpcnerd    0

Used to use this. Pretty sad.

Windows Firewall is all that is needed anymore.

+12

MR_Candyman    114

Honestly, I hate Windows firewall. I'm currently using Comodo and it seems to be pretty good right now.

farmeunit    658

Honestly, I hate Windows firewall. I'm currently using Comodo and it seems to be pretty good right now.

When I use or recommend a firewall it's Comodo. I don't use them at home though.

MR_Candyman    114

When I use or recommend a firewall it's Comodo. I don't use them at home though.

I'm glad I have it actually. The allaple worm infected my roommate's computer and neither of my realtime virus scanners (Comodo or Immunet) picked it up when it infected my computer. The firewall alerted me that it was trying to send out, which alerted me to the worm so I could clear it off all machines (both scanners picked it up when doing a full scan, not sure why real time didn't pick it up)

lamminium    79

Ah, ZA. Loved it. Until Comodo reached version 3 and now v5 is possibly its best. :p

wrack    454

I used to respect their product and rely on them. Now it's Windows 7 Advanced Firewall and MSE.