'60 at 60' challenges people to drink more water

WAXHAW, NC -- We all know that water is essential for our bodies, but how much should you drink? A local man thinks he knows and he's running a campaign to spread the word.

Sixty ounces of water every day for 60 days -- that's the challenge that more than 1,000 people in 15 different states are taking.

The Sepulveda family in Waxhaw started the challenge on Sept. 1.

"When you first think about it, 60 ounces is a lot, but what I do is drink every hour and spread it out," said Giovanni Sepulveda.

The Sepulvedas' children aren't drinking 60 ounces a day, but they are setting a trend in trying to keep up with their mom and dad.

By drinking what amounts to about four to five bottles of water a day, the creator of "60 at 60" says you will look and feel like a new person.

"Instead of telling people what they couldn't drink, we wanted to tell them what they could have and empower them to make a healthy choice," said Bobby DeMuro, the executive director of No Fizz Charlotte.

more

I followed one of those guides for working out the amount of water you are supposed to drink, I can tell you it was bad for my health. I was up all night going to the toilet and getting very little sleep :(

"When you first think about it, 60 ounces is a lot, but what I do is drink every hour and spread it out," said Giovanni Sepulveda.

Well duh, obviously spread it out, thanks for that protip!

I followed one of those guides for working out the amount of water you are supposed to drink, I can tell you it was bad for my health. I was up all night going to the toilet and getting very little sleep :(

well you have to drink the water earlier in the day. I can easily drink over a gallon of water a day and have no problem.