Desktop Recording

Howdy :), I'm new here but I heard good things about you guys so maybe you'll be able to help me out.

I'm running Windows 7 and need a program that will record my entire desktop, commercial or otherwise. Audio isn't required, but I might like to add sound later, so support for it wouldn't hurt. I won't be adding text or anything like that to the videos. I just need something that will record my sessions on this laptop (about 1 - 2.5 hours each) and produce smooth/high quality videos.

Certain sessions I might decide to put online and make them playable via Flowplayer (a flash video player) so anything that meets the above and produces MP4, M4V, or FLV files wins muchas brownie points. Although I can convert AVI files etc. I'd rather not have to.

P.S. Yes I've searched Google and found tons. I've just got done with a fresh install however, and would really appreciate not installing/uninstalling a dozen programs just to find the one I like when I'm sure you guys will suggest something grand :p .