HDTV Help

My CRT 27" TV went out this morning and I am going to have to replace it. I want to go HD with 1080. Any suggestion for a brand? refresh rate? etc. (Yes I plan to watch sports on it). Thanks.

Like usual I would say set a Samsung. Do not, i repeat, do not get a 3D one. It will be a massive waste of money.

For general use i would say getting a slightly older model will be your best bet seeing as though you are going from a 27" crt.

For the price difference, i would recommend getting one that is 120hz.

What size are you looking into getting. I personally prefer 40" or higher, but if this is for a bedroom I dont know your space limitations.

Why not get a 3D one? I ask because: Assume we decide that 3D is gonna take off, why spend $$$ now and then also $$$ in the future, as opposed to spending it now on compatible hardware?

Why not get a 3D one? I ask because: Assume we decide that 3D is gonna take off, why spend $$$ now and then also $$$ in the future, as opposed to spending it now on compatible hardware?

Because it won't be compatible with future hardware. Currently you need to buy a bunch of high priced glasses for it to even work. Manufacturers are already talking about displays that dont require glasses. Also think of different scenarios. You are watching a football game and invite 10 people over. will you have 3D glasses for everyone?

If you want to spend $1000 extra on something that will not stay in it's current form much longer is totally up to you. But I just think it's a total waste of money.

If you want to spend $1000 extra on something that will not stay in it's current form much longer is totally up to you. But I just think it's a total waste of money.

No not at all, was just asking. So al lthe 3D that's out right now idn't one global specification yet?

Do I have to be concerned with how many ports of this that and the other it has? (HDMI, etc)

Only if you have a certain number of devices that you need to connect to it. The more hdmi the better for now. But, depending on your setup receivers now take all of the hdmi inputs and only use up one on your television.

Anyone have opinion about this TV SEARS

looks good.. amazon has the same price so at least you know the price is on par. Good reviews... I have the earlier version of the 650 series (LN52A650) and its a great TV.

looks good.. amazon has the same price so at least you know the price is on par. Good reviews... I have the earlier version of the 650 series (LN52A650) and its a great TV.

I agree plus in amazon you dont need to pay taxes, which is wondeful! Only shipping which is more cheap.

• 2 weeks later...

C650s have poor input lag, only an issue if you're a console gamer though. But other than that it's supposed to be a good Samsung model :)

I've heard that, but never noticed it. but I'm not sure if the LN55C630 I have has the same issue, or if a recent firmware update that came out maybe helped alleviate it. I've read that there can be a 50-80ms input lag on them, but the people who post that, never mention if they are using it with the 120hz enabled or if they are in Game Mode. I notice horrible lag on games if I forget to turn off 120hz, but in Game Mode, everything seems spot on, from my perception.