Xbox LIVE Update Preview Program

ugh...has anybody had to recover their gamertag recently? I've tried everything, but i can't even get to the part where you enter your Live ID, etc. When I select "Recover Gamertag" I keep getting the message "There was a problem downloading an update. Please try again."

Hopefully somebody here has come across a workaround. I can't seem to find any info or a place to submit bugs on Connect so I didn't know where else to post. Ugh...my 360 is pretty useless right now....

Just got the update and all the beta stuff is still there, so no idea what's up with people missing stuff,,,,

I think it was the official roll out, I no longer have a beta section on my dashboard and my ESPN is gone...

EDIT: It was not official but I am ****ed about not having ESPN anymore...

I have EPSN and beta stuff still after the update last night.

I rebooted my xbox after it updated and everything came back, I don't know why it was not there after the update was applied and I had to restart a second time for it to appear. Oh well :p

Yeah they've been really bad at keeping us updated on what's been changed.

They have updated the annoucement to include the latest build number, no other new information.

Can't browse any submissions on Connect other than my own.

jesus, everytime I log in I get a new update... Its crazy, I agree I want to see changelogs please. I mean at least let us know whats being worked on so we can test those changes to see if they are fixed or not.

jesus, everytime I log in I get a new update... Its crazy, I agree I want to see changelogs please. I mean at least let us know whats being worked on so we can test those changes to see if they are fixed or not.

As I said before, what they're changing probably isn't anything that can be overtly tested. They're probably tweaking code to boost overall performance of the OS and then releasing it to us to make sure it doesn't cause issues with everyday regular use. Its the best way for them to test multiple thousands of different case scenarios (as everyone does things differently with their own console) to make sure no new problems have arisen with minor code changes. There's not going to be step by step procedures to test that, unless you want a 1. Use the console as you normally would.

I think thats generally the point of the preview, but I'm sure if there's something specific they want you to test, they'll let you know.

Anyone encountered the zoomed in dashboard bug?

I'm about to submit a report. I've put it off for a week or so now. :pinch:

yea ive had that once myself, i just restarted the console and it went away

Has anyone encountered Update Failed, Status Code: 3133-0000-0080-0300-8015-5500

Im getting it constantly and so is my buddy and we both are in the Beta.

Trying to get fable 2 for free here man lol.

EDIT: FIXED I should of tryed before, it was my first instinct, a network test triggered it again and that worked.

Now updating.

Sikh just an fyi it's a free episode not the full game :laugh:, I had the same thing and update failed first and I had to restart 360 after that it updated. Meanwhile I found out the ours and couple of other forum that it's just an episode is free so you've download to the whole game to play 1 again 1 free episode. lazy sods

2.0.12597.0 now, announcement latest build number updated to reflect it, no new information.

Recover GameTag working ok (As profile did *not* like being on MU on build 2.0.12595.0). Suggest person with issue try removing profile from HDD then doing "System Maintenance -> reboot" before trying again.